You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: We need Anfield to be at its very best on Saturday

TLW

On a serious note and trying (very hard) to be generous…

I could see a guy speaking in a second language wanting a great atmosphere on the weekend for what potentially could be a title deciding game trying to get up the crowd. 

But whether I’m trying to be overly generous or not it came across very cunty. 

Maybe the club should start with all these reseller sites like https://www.livefootballtickets.com/english-premiership/liverpool-tickets.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4Y-sBhC6ARIsAGXF1g5kc9j6rCxWvSci0DzWHMyUOAbL_U4_8kqUdRis6oH-XDueLsVvN88aAnoAEALw_wcB

Where are they getting their tickets from? It can only be from STH/Members - buy up the tickets and then cancel the ST/Members card for whoever is responsible for selling them.. They wouldn't even need to buy all of them.. buy 100 and then when they cancel them, make a point of calling it out on the official site... I would suspect the remaining tickets would soon be taken off sale..

I don't think the club are that bothered though.. 

I was lucky enough to get a ST in the Kop (in 2011) after being on the waiting list since 1997, I would never risk losing my seat by selling it on a reseller site, if I can't make a game, it's sold back to the club for a credit towards next season's ST, obviously there are plenty out there who are happy to make 3/4 times face value.

• Upvote 1

So why should ST holders be able to sell ticket back via the club, while a member transfering his ticket to a mate will lose his credit?

One thing though is that with 57.000 fans inside, its a bit suspect there probably will be around 80.000 phones registered there. 

2 minutes ago, Code said:

So why should ST holders be able to sell ticket back via the club, while a member transfering his ticket to a mate will lose his credit?

One thing though is that with 57.000 fans inside, its a bit suspect there probably will be around 80.000 phones registered there. 

I'm not sure how the members card works, but it's clear something needs to be done about tickets and how they are distributed... Like you say.. start with the phones registered. 

Do we still have the TSOP going on here at all? I’m home for new year and would do almost anything for a Newcastle ticket for me and my lad on New Year’s Day if there’s on going at all? I’ll check the members forum. Is it even still a thing though?

14 minutes ago, Curly said:

Do we still have the TSOP going on here at all? I’m home for new year and would do almost anything for a Newcastle ticket for me and my lad on New Year’s Day if there’s on going at all? I’ll check the members forum. Is it even still a thing though?

TSOP is for away games but asking about tickets on the MF is usually worth a go.

• Upvote 1

We need better songs for the players, the classics are okay, but when it comes to player songs we really are lacking now for the current first 11 and those at the bench. 

The Diaz one is okay, but he’s playing shite, so its understandable its not people’s go to song.

Jota is out injured, people are tired of the Mo song, our midfield has not got anything catchy, the Van Dijk song is good and thats about it.

We need a few more catchy upbeat songs, and we need them now.  

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

He probably has a point but like someone said l,he should maybe direct his anger at the club ,who wants the ground full of bellends who spend 5 ton in Liverworld and spend half the game taking pictures?

No other manager in the league would get away with that.

It’s a strange dynamic.

When he got the job and was gesturing at the crowd and criticising them, I was really unhappy.

I thought “Who the fuck are you to be telling me how to be behave at Anfield? I’ve been at matches for years, my father and his father before him”

But now, he’s won everything. He’s a legitimate Liverpool icon and, actually, he is one of three people(Kenny ahead, and Gerrard depending on your sensibilities re Saudi) to be telling the Kop what’s what.

I still don’t like it, but the underlying disagreement has dissipated.

He has the standing to be mouthing off, but it rubs me the wrong way, as he could actively change it, instead of sticking the boot in.

• Upvote 1

On 21/12/2023 at 02:52, TLW said:

His second goal is now a crazy goal because you go pretty much towards the penalty spot from where he scored, that's pretty rare, but it's an important thing for him to do. Yes, it was a really good game. He looked super-fresh, which is probably not surprising because he didn't now play thousands of minutes in recent weeks. In general, the performance was just good."

View full article

Final point:

I know English isn’t Klopp’s first language, but he does speak it better than 99.5% of the world.

He needs to knock this “Super” shite off, it just legitimates other people saying it.

”In this moment” and “our group” caught on because of him, not having “super” as a descriptor.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Final point:

I know English isn’t Klopp’s first language, but he does speak it better than 99.5% of the world.

He needs to knock this “Super” shite off, it just legitimates other people saying it.

”In this moment” and “our group” caught on because of him, not having “super” as a descriptor.

"In this moment" is a common error from Spanish speakers because it's a direct translation, no idea if it's the same in German. 

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

"In this moment" is a common error from Spanish speakers because it's a direct translation, no idea if it's the same in German. 

Ah, I didn’t know that.

Although British managers now say it ubiquitously, because they’ve heard Klopp, Guardiola et al and you always try and imitate the best people in your field.

He's right about the atmosphere.

But the club don't really give a fuck. If Kloppo knew how hard it is to pass a ticket onto someone who hasn't been before, but is in good shape, he'd shit a brick. 

I was at a game. Bloke next to me he'd brought his lad, but he couldn't get a seat together, so one was in Main Stand and one was SKD. Fucking joke.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, navbasi said:

Maybe the club should start with all these reseller sites like https://www.livefootballtickets.com/english-premiership/liverpool-tickets.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4Y-sBhC6ARIsAGXF1g5kc9j6rCxWvSci0DzWHMyUOAbL_U4_8kqUdRis6oH-XDueLsVvN88aAnoAEALw_wcB

Where are they getting their tickets from? It can only be from STH/Members - buy up the tickets and then cancel the ST/Members card for whoever is responsible for selling them.. They wouldn't even need to buy all of them.. buy 100 and then when they cancel them, make a point of calling it out on the official site... I would suspect the remaining tickets would soon be taken off sale..

I don't think the club are that bothered though.. 

I was lucky enough to get a ST in the Kop (in 2011) after being on the waiting list since 1997, I would never risk losing my seat by selling it on a reseller site, if I can't make a game, it's sold back to the club for a credit towards next season's ST, obviously there are plenty out there who are happy to make 3/4 times face value.

This and other resale formats are part of the reason they brought in additional measures after covid and the likes of Tony Barrett brought in to start the process of getting control back. 

When the new main went in, I moved across and asked for the front row of the upper, having been told its exceptional and has loads of room, you get the view out over towards the anglican, sunset over the Kop, great view and are in the middle of the atmosphere, can see the whole kop - I asked at the desk and she said oh that's one Irish guy who has the row as a block of 10 - we don't know how he manages it but he's changed what he does but he'll eventually lose them. 

An Irish reseller buys a block of 10 seats, resells them to different people each week depending on the market for that particular game, for god knows whatever profit, the box don't know exactly how.

Its the profit he's making that the Club are after, not the drive to proportionate access or even fans who want to buy directly. 

Mental. 

This alone cost me £27:

Thank you for registering your interest to purchase Premier League home match tickets for games to be played until 31 May 2024. 

We can confirm that you will be entered into the ballots for the following games – Liverpool v Burnley, Liverpool v Luton Town, Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool v Sheffield United, Liverpool v Crystal Palace and will be notified of the ballot results via email on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9.  

Supporters will also be able to check which games they have been successful for within the Personal Details section in their My Account on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9. 

Supporters who are successful in the ballots will be guaranteed a seat when the ticket sale opens, week commencing 15 January.

Please visit our Members Sale Hub for full details.

Thank you for your continued support.

Liverpool Football Club

44 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

This alone cost me £27:

Thank you for registering your interest to purchase Premier League home match tickets for games to be played until 31 May 2024. 

We can confirm that you will be entered into the ballots for the following games – Liverpool v Burnley, Liverpool v Luton Town, Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool v Sheffield United, Liverpool v Crystal Palace and will be notified of the ballot results via email on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9.  

Supporters will also be able to check which games they have been successful for within the Personal Details section in their My Account on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9. 

Supporters who are successful in the ballots will be guaranteed a seat when the ticket sale opens, week commencing 15 January.

Please visit our Members Sale Hub for full details.

Thank you for your continued support.

Liverpool Football Club

What happens to your cash after the ballot?