You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sat 25th Nov 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

When you are facing a team who rarely lose and who seem to just about always pass the biggest tests, and win pretty much everythig if you can beat them it is massive and a triple whammy.

Firstly your own belief soars - especially winning at theirs, where they rarely get beat.

Secondly it chips away at their aura of virtual invincibility and their own confidence.

Thirdly it leaves a nice little warning shot to other sides that Liverpool are back at or near their best.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Although of course poxy international shite has to interfere and mean we are without Salah for weeks.

If Egypt don't reach the quarter-final/semi-final, he will only miss 2 or 3 league games, and a maximum of 4. Hopeuly not as disastrous as it could have been 

Gutted I won’t be watching this as I’ve got my elderly mum staying with me, she has Parkinson’s and is hard work, bless her. Mr Suzy has broken his arm and can’t drive so it’s a nightmare. Anyway, my sister who lives 2 hours away is coming to take her out to lunch today and some shops if she wants to.

So… we are going out ourselves for a quiet lunch! Did consider just watching the match in peace but we’re hardly leaving the house at the moment!

Back to the match - I’d love it if we smashed them but will be happy with a score draw!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

42 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

This is going to be a painful reminder of just how average we are.

Agreed I fear. Not looking forward to this tbh. Not just the game but the comms fawning over those cheating cunts. 

If it was at Anfield I'd say we could win but at the Etihad I'd bite your hand off for a draw. Good thing is losing there is to be expected that's not where you lose the league or top 4 it's dickhead performances like Luton and draws against inferior teams that kills us. We've not much to lose today it's a test for our new players and the side to see where we are against the  best (cheats).

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some of you lads must be too young to remember noon kickoffs against prime late 90s Ferguson mancs where we had the likes of Neil Ruddock in the side, now THAT was some worrying shit. We've got every chance against these helmets. Simmer down you lads.

DC95AE39-E1A1-49D8-9AD2-A2B8ACCD1BAC.jpeg

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Nunez has to start for my money.

Against these you really need some pace and a threat to stretch on the counter and that threat in behind to help stop them camping in your half. 

Nunez can be the ideal out for us today.

Every scenario where I imagine us winning involves Captain Chaos. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Message back form my uncle, can't argue with that.

"You know I don't do predictions as I don't like jinxing. We shouldn't have to play the twats anyway. They should be playing the likes of Accrington Stanley."

Or Altrincham, who all these Manc refs coincidentally support…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

They're only one point ahead of us - does that make them average?

I think we'll beat them. There's nothing to back this up except me being a bit hungover. 

We've been so lucky this season the Spurs and maybe Luton games apart. I genuinely don't think we've played well so far (except for patches during home games).

I don't think City are even out of second gear yet, and they could be accused of taking things too easy especially against Wolves.

They'll tear us a new one today and go on a 20 game winning run where they absolutely fustigate the rest of the league.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

We've been so lucky this season the Spurs and maybe Luton games apart. I genuinely don't think we've played well so far (except for patches during home games).

I don't think City are even out of second gear yet, and they could be accused of taking things too easy especially against Wolves.

They'll tear us a new one today and go on a 20 game winning run where they absolutely fustigate the rest of the league.

Or you know, City haven’t played well yet this year apart from in patches.

And we’re not out of second gear yet.