You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Corruption?

Redder Lurtz

15 minutes ago, Dave D said:

The worry here is our actions are just a shot across the bows.

These bastards won’t sink and will be hell bent on revenge 

They are already serving revenge game after game. If we keep quiet after what happened against Spurs we will only be giving PGMOL a message that we will keep bending over backwards and accept defeat.

Fuck that.

We should be doing everything to fight them. Its absolutely clear the refs are playing on our lads' minds, the longer this continues the more impact it will have on their natural ability to play football. A player CANNOT be constantly worried about making a challenge. 

11 minutes ago, Dave D said:

The issue with the audio/ it’s been 48hrs- they can take out wherever they like 

Hopefully we can get some expert to check it out if we think it might be dodgy. Just imagine if we could prove they’d doctored it!  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, aws said:

Hopefully we can get some expert to check it out if we think it might be dodgy. Just imagine if we could prove they’d doctored it!  

Just said the same to a mate,  couldn't we get our analytics guys to go over it and try and match it up with the video , because if they do doctor it then they are finished 

3 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

They'll just say they're not releasing it as they've already acknowledged they fucked up and they fear a witch hunt on the poor wee ref team.

Fair enough then, any reason they can't allow the club access to the audio without making it public if they're that terrified of being lynched? Shouldn't be a problem if the events occurred as they've outlined.

I'm guessing they asked Webb for this when he called them?

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They won't doctor the tape, it will just be silly to do that and the repercussions will be huge for football as a whole in this country. They just won't do it.

And yes they will release the tape as they have done a few times already this season. 

If it was good for them it would be out already. Expect it shows them as useless incompetents.

Someone on here demanded a rematch. It was dismissed as impossible, which it probaly is.

But, if it could be proved VAR delibaretly tried to prevent the goal, and I'm not advocating they did, what would the consequenses be? If they did it on purpose and it can be proved they did, surely the match has to be played again,or?

I know it's speculation and all that, but if?

29 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They won't doctor the tape, it will just be silly to do that and the repercussions will be huge for football as a whole in this country. They just won't do it.

And yes they will release the tape as they have done a few times already this season. 

There's nothing they could doctor it too either. There's no version of the audio that is going to make them come out of it looking good.

14 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Someone on here demanded a rematch. It was dismissed as impossible, which it probaly is.

But, if it could be proved VAR delibaretly tried to prevent the goal, and I'm not advocating they did, what would the consequenses be? If they did it on purpose and it can be proved they did, surely the match has to be played again,or?

I know it's speculation and all that, but if?

PGMOL as a limited company going out of business would be my guess. They’d be the ones carrying the can and it would be seen as being dealt with. I’d think the replacement body would have even more protective rules to prevent any such action from a club in the future.

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

State of footy media these days.

Screenshot_20231002_213024_Facebook.jpg

Yeah, I feel like this has already been said previously and debunked because it's literally a quarter of the entire picture, whats going to attract more clicks from ragey tribalistic twitter fans though... The whole story or a spicy quarter truth tweet.