You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

These Beck puns really are a new pollution on the forum. 

I suppose it's a break from the constant moaning, so a (Hi Ho) silver lining in a way.

28 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loads of links floating around about BMG's Manu Kone again.

I'd be all over it. Brilliant young midfielder, can easily play as a modern 6, if only he can stay fit.

I’d be surprised. Given the amount of rumours etc there has been since the summer, IMO, it would have happened all ready. 

I see he’s only played 10 times this season, however, it’s not as bad as it sounds…

IMG_0627.png

Think people are getting their hopes up of any signings. At most we will sign a defender, and probably only if we get a injury. The only way I see us signing someone is if a summer target gets a offer and we have to move now

57 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think people are getting their hopes up of any signings. At most we will sign a defender, and probably only if we get a injury. The only way I see us signing someone is if a summer target gets a offer and we have to move now

Beck, Williams and Phillips are all back. I doubt we'll sign anyone. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Beck, Williams and Phillips are all back. I doubt we'll sign anyone. 

We probably need Phillips as a reserve again. Matip, Robbo and Tsimikas all out leaves us very exposed in the middle and on the left. Beck surely starts on Sunday.

If Phillips and Williams aren’t even good enough for the SPL we should probably think about selling them to the dog food factory.

Inacio could be one we move early for if he’s a serious target although aren’t Real serious contenders to sign him? Given that Endo is pretty much doing what we bought him to do and Thiago is still on the books I don’t see us signing a midfielder.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Phillips , are  you sure ??

Jeez

Yep. 

https://thecelticstar.com/nat-phillips-returns-to-liverpool-after-unsuccessful-celtic-loan-spell/

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We probably need Phillips as a reserve again. Matip, Robbo and Tsimikas all out leaves us very exposed in the middle and on the left. Beck surely starts on Sunday.

We're in trouble if we're back to Nat. He appears to have gone backwards since his time a couple of years ago and he wasn't a world beater then. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yep. 

https://thecelticstar.com/nat-phillips-returns-to-liverpool-after-unsuccessful-celtic-loan-spell/

We're in trouble if we're back to Nat. He appears to have gone backwards since his time a couple of years ago and he wasn't a world beater then. 

I guess he’d be fourth choice in the middle behind Quansah until Gomez is no longer our starting left-back in big games. 

How Phillips and Williams are still on our books I’ll never know.

So far away from being good enough it’s not even funny. 

If someone want to pay any money we should get rid as quick as possible.