You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

Good old Richard Jolly of the Independent.

Salah missed the target with a penalty there, just as he did against Arsenal. Score both and Liverpool might have four extra points. The Egyptian was otherwise sensational against Arsenal, his tally of 10 shots a sign of irresistible he felt. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's hard to believe, but the standard of officiating, including VAR, has actually gone dramatically down since that cunt Webb has taken over the pgmol. It's almost by the week now there's a massive controversy and it's actually normally more than one. The refereeing yesterday was a fucking disgrace, as was the action of the lino. Yet somehow that probably isn't the worst refereed match of the weekend. 

Yeah the past month or so has been staggeringly bad. Not specifically our games, just in general across the league.

Lee Mason and Mike Dean have been fucked off from VAR, and while I have no sympathy for either, you do have to wonder what's going on and why they were so bad. Bet there's all kinds of politics and backstabbing going on with Webb.

3 hours ago, Code said:

The Salah treatment is now a joke, why have not someone put together a compilation of all the clear and obvious fouls he never gets. 

I said this on the pod last night. It would make for an incredible watch and might finally highlight the fucking scandal of it.

35 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yeah the past month or so has been staggeringly bad. Not specifically our games, just in general across the league.

Lee Mason and Mike Dean have been fucked off from VAR, and while I have no sympathy for either, you do have to wonder what's going on and why they were so bad. Bet there's all kinds of politics and backstabbing going on with Webb.

Oh yeah, I don't specifically mean our games. It's just the overall standard seems shockingly bad. And the VARs are somehow getting worse at intervening than they used to be. That Brighton v spurs game at the weekend was breathtakingly bad. And the stuff it's getting wrong are exactly the big decision VAR is supposed to be there to resolve correctly. The decisions weren't even that hard to get right first time, let alone with VAR added. 

Edit.... I don't know if you've seen that sky ref watch this week. That is great for showing how bad it was. Although of course that bellend Dermot Gallagher does his best to defend the ref on the Brighton incidents and even the lino in the robbo incident. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

After the FA saying the ban on mitrovic isn't enough, they will all be 100% determined to make sure the lino isn't guilty, or they'll have to ban him for half a season. 

Here's the thing though, he did what he did and nothing he says changes that. Doesn't matter why he did it, whether he was provoked, felt threatened or whatever. No-one gave a fuck why Doucoure lashed out at Kane, because it makes no difference. It's a red card and a 3 match ban because he raised an arm.

This is a black and white issue. There's no shade of grey.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

Here's the thing though, he did what he did and nothing he says changes that. Doesn't matter why he did it, whether he was provoked, felt threatened or whatever. No-one gave a fuck why Doucoure lashed out at Kane, because it makes no difference. It's a red card and a 3 match ban because he raised an arm.

Now that video from the Anny Road End has appeared, a lot of the side-cobblers has been blown out of the water. Robbo doesn't even seem to touch him and is in front of him not ' barreling up behind him and grabbing him ' as was falsely claimed.

16 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't disagree, but i still think they'll try to wriggle out of it, make robbo the villain and the lino a victim. I'm not saying it's right, I just think it's what they'll do. 

I was actually thinking before, that thing with Fernandez the other week started when a lino put his hands on him. Now there's this. Webb was always a ref who acted the hard case, I wonder if part of his instruction is to try to physically intimidate players? 

Jesus christ is Samuel's aware why there's officials on the pitch to Ref games the stupid cunt. They aren't there to watch the game in peace amongst the players, they are dealing with 22 young men playing a competitive sport. Him justifying an officiall reacting violently to a player complaining highlights how Samuel's should not be a sports journalist or in any job where he's paid for his opinion.

I dont want some over the top punishment for the linesman but there's no justification for his reaction. Is it okay for a copper to just punch a member of the public because they constantly have to deal with arseholes.

• Upvote 2

Can we stop tongue fucking arsenal fans now please? They respected a minutes silence which is the absolute bare minimum we should expect from a minutes silence. The pedestal some fans have put them on is ridiculous.

Well done for not singing songs about deaths. What a world we have become when this is the exception. Arsepool FC brothers in arms forever. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's hard to believe, but the standard of officiating, including VAR, has actually gone dramatically down since that cunt Webb has taken over the pgmol. It's almost by the week now there's a massive controversy and it's actually normally more than one. The refereeing yesterday was a fucking disgrace, as was the action of the lino. Yet somehow that probably isn't the worst refereed match of the weekend. 

Agreed , how the fuck the VAR team get calls wrong ,when they have all that technology available , beats me. Tierney and his team are not good enough for the prem and some of the sanctimonious shite being written around the Robbo incident is laughable.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Agreed , how the fuck the VAR team get calls wrong ,when they have all that technology available , beats me. Tierney and his team are not good enough for the prem and some of the sanctimonious shite being written around the Robbo incident is laughable.

True, but when you see the standard in the Championship and below though there really isn't any other choice. As crap as these fellas are, they're the best available options.

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was actually thinking before, that thing with Fernandez the other week started when a lino put his hands on him. Now there's this. Webb was always a ref who acted the hard case, I wonder if part of his instruction is to try to physically intimidate players? 

Good luck with that if that's his plan!

The lino with Fernandes was actually trying to do him a favour by preventing a confrontation. I don't think he was an aggressor at all, unlike this prick with Robbo.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

True, but when you see the standard in the Championship and below though there really isn't any other choice. As crap as these fellas are, they're the best available options.

Others have probably already suggested this but wouldn’t using European/ worlds best refs be justified considering the popularity of the PL and money at stake? I’m sure money could persuade some of these guys to come to the UK. Bit unfair on the rest of Europe/ poorer leagues admittedly.

29 minutes ago, dave u said:

Good luck with that if that's his plan!

The lino with Fernandes was actually trying to do him a favour by preventing a confrontation. I don't think he was an aggressor at all, unlike this prick with Robbo.

He still shouldn't be putting his hands on players. 

It's a small sample size I know, but most organisations reflect their leader and he was always a SYP plazzy hardman bellend.