You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EFL Cup Thurs 22nd Dec. Man City vs Liverpool

Lee909

Well that is the defence of that trophy over and just the two left we can realisitcally win now.

I know some will disagree and fair enough but for me TAA and VVD should have played here - looks to me as if pretty much all the other high profile players at other clubs who were at world cup same time as them played in these games this midweek.

TAA has only played 34 mins since November 12th and VVD has had 13 days without a game ahead of tonight.

Self sabotage IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, waddy78 said:

These owners need fucking, when you see what we have on the bench Ox Naby,Milner starting still fucking absolutely shocking the way this team has been allowed to degrade over the last 3 years.

I'll take Linda you do the rest

• Haha 1

There’s some good things about Núñez’s game. But, the technical side of his game and his finishing was piss poor tonight. Three half decent chances that he snatched at and dragged wide. He needs to improve that side of his game, because his pace, directness and movement is top level. 

It’s shite going out of any competition. And, it’s shite losing to those nouveau riche cheats. But, there was definitely a sense of tonight being more of a get back up to speed game, with the ridiculous break in the domestic campaign making it such. 

That referee was a fucking disgrace tonight.

They were fine to kick out, impede throw ins and kick the ball away in injury time plus every single 50/50 went their fucking way.

We weren't great but when you're up against that plus a bent referee, you are fucked.

Call me old fashioned as well but I would be telling someone to go right through that fucking Tin Tin cunt if I was the manager. Sick of the sight of him.

• Upvote 2

Henderson coming on killed that for us.

I know the anti Nunez alerts will blame him but our best player of the last 20 years was non existent until... yes the man who wanted the ball always played him in for a tap in. 

Fuck off. Merry Christmas. 

thriller-michael-jackson.gif

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

That referee was a fucking disgrace tonight.

They were fine to kick out, impede throw ins and kick the ball away in injury time plus every single 50/50 went their fucking way.

We weren't great but when you're up against that plus a bent referee, you are fucked.

Call me old fashioned as well but I would be telling someone to go right through that fucking Tin Tin cunt if I was the manager. Sick of the sight of him.

There’s a weird love of De Bruyne on here. Can’t do anything wrong, despite not being a million miles from Harry Kane in terms of his testing of the rules.

• Upvote 2

That was a bit shit, but I suppose the performance could have been worse. Nunez's finishing was garbage, Gomez was poor and Robbo was shite. The referee was a shithouse cunt - no yellow card for that rat Rodri lashing out at Carvalho and fuck all additional time for their fucking about at the end.

Their scummy fans were predictably twattish, too. I hope they all get paper cuts on their bellends or flaps (as appropriate).

13 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Refereeing in the WC was a bit shit, but at least they managed to get the added time about right. These whoppers are nowhere near getting that part right.

Can't comment on reffing in world cup as did not watch a second of it...but the reffing in the league is at an all time low in every part of it IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Got bullied in the physical stakes by Man City all night. 

Need 3 midfielders. 

Every time we touched them they got a freekick where as they had at least 3 kickouts against our players and we didn't even get a freekick

Just now, El Rojo said:

There’s a weird love of De Bruyne on here. Can’t do anything wrong, despite not being a million miles from Harry Kane in terms of his testing of the rules.

I would have been over the moon if someone had ended his career tonight.

Fat fucking Belgian cunt.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Well that is the defence of that trophy over and just the two left we can realisitcally win now.

I know some will disagree and fair enough but for me TAA and VVD should have played here - looks to me as if pretty much all the other high profile players at other clubs who were at world cup same time as them played in these games this midweek.

TAA has only played 34 mins since November 12th and VVD has had 13 days without a game ahead of tonight.

Self sabotage IMHO.

Virgil hasn't had a rest since he came back last year. Trent,  though, should've played. That was odd. He's 50% of our creativity and we had nothing to shout bout in that dept tonight