You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beige bands and artistes

Redder Lurtz

12 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Crowded House 

Fuck no. Neil Finn is top class. They're an iconic 90s band who wrote some brilliant songs. 

12 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Sam Fender.

Another no. Writes some great catchy songs about stuff that means a lot to him. He's definitely got beige potential but not just yet. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fuck no. Neil Finn is top class. They're an iconic 90s band who wrote some brilliant songs. 

Another no. Writes some great catchy songs about stuff that means a lot to him. He's definitely got beige potential but not just yet. 

Yeah I'd probably agree. The sound didn't come across well on telly (as live music often doesn't). Be interesting to see what his next moves are musically.

1 hour ago, paddyberger said:

Jesus Christ, the epitome of beige on the pyramid  stage now. Noel Gallagher, who listens to this drivel. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Noel proper playing to the beige crowd wasn’t he. 

Boring Tory Twat. 

Yet here you both are watching him just to moan about him you boring twats 

I absolutely loathed Oasis from day one and especially Liam Gallagher, got zero interest in Noel either. But agree with Stig that it's very easy to avoid. 

Would absolutely love to go to Glastonbury again one day, hopefully when I'm not too old and boring.

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The Libertines.

Nothing but manufactured style over substance, and yes, very fucking beige if you ignore the stories and apocryphal tales.

I find the stories beige, too.

"Wow! [Insert band name here] took loads of drugs and acted like arseholes. Aren't they amaaaaaazing!"

On 22/06/2022 at 22:36, cloggypop said:

Pearl Jam are pretty dull yeah. 

Freaks my nut out to this day that Green River split to reveal the genius of Mudhoney and on the other side the bland beige shite of Pearl Jam. 

Your ears are clearly not fit for purpose, send them back.