You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things You Found Out Today That Surprised You?

Bruce Spanner

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’m a big octopus fan. They diverted from us in the evolutionary chain so long ago that they are the closest we will ever get to meeting an alien. I’m fascinated by them. 

They are very intelligent, one of the biggest things holding them back from dominating the oceans is that mothers sacrifice their lives for their offspring. 

I was incredibly lucky to see a small octopus while snorkeling off Rottnest Island in Australia. It was really cute, about the size of a cat but I was a little worried about it as I had it in the back of my mind it was a face hugger. Amazing animals. 

22 hours ago, Remmie said:

They are very intelligent, one of the biggest things holding them back from dominating the oceans is that mothers sacrifice their lives for their offspring. 

I was incredibly lucky to see a small octopus while snorkeling off Rottnest Island in Australia. It was really cute, about the size of a cat but I was a little worried about it as I had it in the back of my mind it was a face hugger. Amazing animals. 

I've seen a few over the years. They are expert escape artists. I watched something where they put one in a cage on a table. The cunt got out, off the table and half way down the hallway before they caught him. All sealife fascinates me but Squids, Octopus and Jellyfish just freak me out. Squids in particular. Ugly bloody things. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen a few over the years. They are expert escape artists. I watched something where they put one in a cage on a table. The cunt got out, off the table and half way down the hallway before they caught him. All sealife fascinates me but Squids, Octopus and Jellyfish just freak me out. Squids in particular. Ugly bloody things. 

Awww.

cutesquid.jpg

Des O'Conner didn't die a decade ago.

Is there a list of people you assume are dead, but are still alive someplace so my mind can find peace?

I'm not googling, are Tarby, Roger Moore, Princess Anna dead and so on?

I assume they're all dead.

I know Bernie Cribbins is alive, I met him in an airport last year, He said my boy 'was a hansome little fellow' I asked him 'Are you one of those Yew Tree nonces?' I was drinking at 9am in my defence.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Des O'Conner

Dead.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Tarby

Alive.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Roger Moore

Dead.

Princess Anna

Assume you mean Princess Anne. Alive. 

Bernie Cribbins 

Alive and, as yet, not found guilty of any yew tree noncing. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Dead.

Alive.

Dead.

Assume you mean Princess Anne. Alive. 

Alive and, as yet, not found guilty of any yew tree noncing. 

Cheers!

That'll help me sleep tonight.

Now, about the other thousand or so light entertainment 'stars' that are now rattling around my head... 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Saville? Dead.

Glitter? Alive.

Fred the Weatherman? Alive...I think?

Are Jethro, Chubby Brown, Ronnie Corbet, The woman who played 'Cybil' in Faulty Towers, Freddy Star, Pat Jennings, Frank Carson etc. dead?

Fucking hell, I know literally nothing about their continued state of being, or lack thereof, and I'm lying if I say I'm going to look in to it.

This is becoming existential now and I'm going for a lie down.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Are Jethro, Chubby Brown, Ronnie Corbet, The woman who played 'Cybil' in Faulty Towers, Freddy Star, Pat Jennings, Frank Carson etc.

Fucking hell, I know literally nothing about their continued state of being, or lack thereof.

This is becoming existential now and I'm going for a lie down.

Jethro = alive.

Chubby Brown = alive.

Ronnie Corbett = dead.

Cybil (Prunella Scales) = alive.

Freddy Starr = dead.

Pat Jennings = alive.

Frank Carson = dead.

Sleep well sweet Prince. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Des O'Conner didn't die a decade ago.

Is there a list of people you assume are dead, but are still alive someplace so my mind can find peace?

I'm not googling, are Tarby, Roger Moore, Princess Anna dead and so on?

I assume they're all dead.

I know Bernie Cribbins is alive, I met him in an airport last year, He said my boy 'was a hansome little fellow' I asked him 'Are you one of those Yew Tree nonces?' I was drinking at 9am in my defence.

That was a terrible thing to say.