You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Paulie D mentions punching down. A lot of his descriptions of other characters in his books are not the kind of things I want Turdsette to think are cool to say. The fat kid, the smelly kid, the spotty kid, stuff like that. I’ve probably put that tamely as well. Walliams is more graphic with his bullying language. 

My brother banned Peppa Pig in their house. Said she was a total cunt. 

• Upvote 1

Some of the bits from Little Britain were pretty grim by today’s standards, even though it was relatively recently. I’m thinking of the sketch in particular where Walliams would play some granny, eating a cake or drinking a brew or whatever, then someone would say it was made by that Chinese/Indian/insert other ethnic character, and then the Walliams character would projectile vomit over everyone. This was prime time BBC1. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Some of the bits from Little Britain were pretty grim by today’s standards, even though it was relatively recently. I’m thinking of the sketch in particular where Walliams would play some granny, eating a cake or drinking a brew or whatever, then someone would say it was made by that Chinese/Indian/insert other ethnic character, and then the Walliams character would projectile vomit over everyone. This was prime time BBC1. 

That's surely satirising the racist attitudes to be found within our older generation. Probably the least problematic sketch on Little Britain, truth told.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Agree that lots of it hasn't aged well but I confess I still find the Conservative granny sketches funny - to my mind it's making fun of a right, white and Christian mindset. 

SD just beat me to it.

5 minutes ago, mars said:

It should be cancelled if it allows this with nobody challenging it (the whole thread is worth a read)

Where's the context?

(Sorry, I'm just asking what Skid is going to ask before he asks).

There's also one where Rogan himself talks about replacing the brain of a black man with that of a white man so you get the perfect human being.

Obviously Rogan isn't a racist, it's just the left media, not Rogan who thought nothing of using the N word, just the leftie media.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This clip is usually 45 seconds long.  The extra 12 seconds is Rogan challenging him and saying it’s bollocks. 

You're right about the edit but I don't think Rogan challenges the pseudoscience. He says "But God, is that really true though?" and then talks about white people in the military killing people - that's following orders; I can't see a challenge to a "proclivity to violence" caused by genetics, which isn't surprising as he isn't a geneticist.

Here's the unedited version - what do people think?

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

He doesn't say it's bollocks. At best he says the US military is full of white men. Really well researched rebuttal that.

He shows, immediately and within 12 seconds that all major wars and the entire military complex is run by white men.  If that’s not how you’d do it fine, but to say he lets it slide or even agrees with it is bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t understand what people want from him.  I totally get and agree the covid stuff has to be sorted as it’s killing people, but if you don’t like him don’t watch him. 

Don't think people want anything from Rogan - it is Spotify that some folks want to be accountable.

No different than the conversations about Facebook and Twitter being accountable for their content.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Don't think people want anything from Rogan - it is Spotify that some folks want to be accountable.

No different than the conversations about Facebook and Twitter being accountable for their content.

He’s not been on Spotify for long.  In the next two weeks he’ll fuck them off and go back to publishing it himself and make just as much money.  

But  when you see editing like that above,  framed to make him out as agreeing with the bloke and then demanding  Spotify do something you can see why his fans get annoyed.   I’ve heard him speak exactly the same why to people who think aliens are walking amongst us.  If he went ‘nah mate, bollocks’ he wouldn’t get the next fringe bloke on.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sh#t waffle said:

I find the comparison with Walliams interesting, as personally that's my problem with Carr, too – it always feels to me like he's punching down. Do I think he is genuinely glad that the Nazis killed gypsies? No, of course not. But I find it easy to believe he could be genuinely prejudiced against them.

I think there was a wave of comedy in the 2000s (and if you look at the forum from around this time, you'll see it in a lot of the language many of us used too) where a blanket defence of irony was used as a way of justifying saying pretty distasteful stuff. I look back at a lot of it now and cringe, as deep down I knew what I was saying – and I also cringe at people like Carr still peddling this kind of witless shit. 

In short, no problem with edgy humour, I just think Jimmy Carr is a twat.

Jimmy Carr is one of only a few acts I've seen live,at the Empire about 12 or so years ago,and he was pretty good to be honest.

The true test of how outraged you all are would be for you to search ‘pikey’ on this forum and then take whatever action you feel necessary against the people who’ve used it.   But none of you will because it’ll either be you, or your mates that have done it.  

• Upvote 1

The true test of how outraged you all are would be for you to search ‘pikey’ on this forum and then take whatever action you feel necessary against the people who’ve used it.   But none of you will because it’ll either be you, or your mates that have done it.  

Am I allowed to think Rogan is a Cunt because I think he’s a cunt? Same as I think Kirsty Allsopp is a Cunt and that fella off that Flora advert in 01 ish 

• Upvote 1

Isn't 'Pikey' a Southern insult more than 'oop north' though?