You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius: Personal criticism of my Champions League final appearance was disrespectful 

TLW

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You said (your words) were that the biggest factor was Salah going off injured. I am disputing that and saying that the biggest factor was actually the mistakes by darius that led to us conceding. Of course Salah going off had a negative impact but it can't possibly have a worse impact than the mistakes Karius made actually fucking happening and costing us the final. 

No wonder we lost.

The biggest match (and the biggest moments) of his entire life and dopey fucking Karius shits the fucking bed. He needs to shut his fucking trap and count himself damned lucky that he ever played for us at all.

After that Madrid final, the Karius Final (!) I said that the lad needs to retire for the good of his own mental health, everything I've seen and heard from him since has only served to reinforce that opinion. Karius is broken beyond repair, his fragile psyche shattered, his head has gone, he's a nervous wreck. The lad has my sympathy but if he doesn't shut his mouth and if he continues with his wild fucking delusions, my sympathy will swiftly change to a kick in the bollocks.

Kill him and collect the insurance money.

• Upvote 1

Death threats, if true and from LFC supporters are never right, but there’ll always be keyboard shithouses who think it’s big and hard to do that.

The best thing that can be said about Karius (and Mignolet before him to a degree) is that as far as goalkeepers are concerned, you should always get the best you can and not persevere with dross.

Their performances brought about Alisson’s arrival, so every cloud and all that........

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Because it was obvious football needed to be his breakfast dinner and tea and not acting like a teenager on Social Media. See previously David James and video games.

This is a very populistic view.

To post a few pics on instagram while on holiday has nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, its lazy criticism.

David James was up all night playing video games when he was supposed to get his rest/sleep, not really the same at all.

Even now, I can cut him a little slack for the actual brain fade, as I do think there was a very real possibility of concussion there after the Ramos elbow. Then again, that cunt Ramos could have run around dismembering Liverpool players with a katana blade and that useless ref would've booked Liverpool players for dissent when complaining. 

That said, the glossy hero social media shite he pulled afterwards instead of keeping his head down and working hard to rebuild his reputation...lost me there. 

16 hours ago, Code said:

This is a very populistic view.

To post a few pics on instagram while on holiday has nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, its lazy criticism.

David James was up all night playing video games when he was supposed to get his rest/sleep, not really the same at all.

If he wanted to get better then he'd have cut out all of the distractions,like a boxer before a fight,but this cunt is more interested in showcasing himself on Social Media rather than knuckling down to his highly paid job. Luckily another team will have to deal with his shit goalkeeping performances instead.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Code in terms of Salah going off being the bigger issue (although I couldn't disagree with him more with regards the high opinion he has of Karius' ability).

I was convinced before the game we'd win. I was convinced right up until Mo went off that we'd win.

From that moment on though all my belief went, especially as his replacement was Lallana.

Mo going off absolutely killed us as an attacking force. Even the goal we scored came from a set-piece.

The Karius mistakes ultimately cost us the game, but if Mo hadn't gone off we'd have twatted them. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dave u said:

I agree with Code in terms of Salah going off being the bigger issue (although I couldn't disagree with him more with regards the high opinion he has of Karius' ability).

I was convinced before the game we'd win. I was convinced right up until Mo went off that we'd win.

From that moment on though all my belief went, especially as his replacement was Lallana.

Mo going off absolutely killed us as an attacking force. Even the goal we scored came from a set-piece. 

The Karius mistakes ultimately cost us the game, but if Mo hadn't gone off we'd have twatted them. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

Was it?  I can't remember and I've never seen it since, even missed the replays at the time as I was too concerned with going mental.  I've had no desire to ever see it again either.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If he wanted to get better then he'd have cut out all of the distractions,like a boxer before a fight,but this cunt is more interested in showcasing himself on Social Media rather than knuckling down to his highly paid job. Luckily another team will have to deal with his shit goalkeeping performances instead.

I have no opinion of what he does on social media. I dont know, and I dont really care.

I guess those who have an opinion about it care enough to follow him though, if it bothers people that much, why follow him?

For his ability now, I dont know, Ive just seen some of his errors in Turkey posted, nothing apart from that.

Personally I think the CL final bruke his self-belief, I think hes better than Adrian, hes our player, no problem with him coming back, but dont think it will happen.

Strangely, at the beginning of the game and with Mo playing, I thought the game could go either way. But, when Mo went off, once Sadio equalised I was sure we'd go on and win it. Once bale scored that chance in a million overhead kick, I thought we were done for.

As for Karius, Ive moved on and hope the lad rebuilds his career. It disappoints me so many of our fans are now just the same as other clubs' fans who slaughter one of their own when they cost them big time. Old school perhaps but that's the Liverpool way to me.

I think all this shite about his social media posts is just another stick for people to beat him with due to the result but, whatever.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Where did you watch it, Dave?

I was at Anfield; some of the most wild scenes I've ever seen on my way to the stadium, 2 hours before kick off, and the air went clean out of 40,000 people when Mo' had to come off.

1 hour ago, Code said:

I have no opinion of what he does on social media. I dont know, and I dont really care.

I guess those who have an opinion about it care enough to follow him though, if it bothers people that much, why follow him?

For his ability now, I dont know, Ive just seen some of his errors in Turkey posted, nothing apart from that.

Personally I think the CL final bruke his self-belief, I think hes better than Adrian, hes our player, no problem with him coming back, but dont think it will happen.

If his self-belief is bruke then I can't see a way back 

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Strangely, at the beginning of the game and with Mo playing, I thought the game could go either way. But, when Mo went off, once Sadio equalised I was sure we'd go on and win it. Once bale scored that chance in a million overhead kick, I thought we were done for.

As for Karius, Ive moved on and hope the lad rebuilds his career. It disappoints me so many of our fans are now just the same as other clubs' fans who slaughter one of their own when they cost them big time. Old school perhaps but that's the Liverpool way to me.

I think all this shite about his social media posts is just another stick for people to beat him with due to the result but, whatever.

I think you need to remind yourself that the comments on here are in response to him talking about us and the final again, not the other way round.

As virtuous as your defence of him is, it all seems a bit misguided to me. The abuse he got at the time went over the top, no argument there, but if he keeps mentioning it and directing the comments this way, he can expect some back.

He can rebuild his career, or not, I couldn’t give a fuck, the same way he doesn’t give a fuck about any of us. The only time he comes into my thoughts is when he says something about us that is brought to my attention.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dave u said:

Ramos knew this.