You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

13 minutes ago, TheSire said:

That's the frustrating bit, well one bit.... all the racists kicking off about immigrants fail to realise if we stopped dropping bombs on poor people in the middle east maybe they'd not be so desperate to escape their land.

The thick cunts also dont realise that legal immigration is massivly more than the people who come by boat 

• Like 1

And if you set up some safe routes, you can reduce the need for risky boat journeys, establish who has right to remain and are likely to be a positive for the country,  and return those that do not fulfil the criteria, without cobblers like Rwanda and coming out of the ECHR. 

24 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The thick cunts also dont realise that legal immigration is massivly more than the people who come by boat 

Was at the Mrs grandparents the other day. Her grandad is lovely but he's been taken in and angered by the daily mail etc. Was moaning that we shouldn't let people in if they have mobile phones and nice clothes because they're not genuine. The ignorance with some brainwash generated outrage makes a nasty cocktail of hate.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sir roger said:

And if you set up some safe routes, you can reduce the need for risky boat journeys, establish who has right to remain and are likely to be a positive for the country,  and return those that do not fulfil the criteria, without cobblers like Rwanda and coming out of the ECHR. 

Yeah, but that would save loads of money and be humane and good for the country. Can't be having that sort of shit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Agree with your sentiment but I don’t think that would necessarily stop the crossings. Common sense dictates that those who know they won’t fit the criteria will try to get in via such means. I do appreciate you said reduce the need so I’d imagine you’re possibly in agreement.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Big story on Labour's new recruit in the papers tomorrow apparently. 

Here we go. Remember, she didn't join the Labour Party. The party joined it.

On the plus side it might swing over the all important right wing rapist vote. 

Edited by Gnasher

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

What did he go on to say?

"I don't think safe routes is the answer to the vile trade that is being run to put people into small boats, I actually think breaking down the gangs is," he told ITV News.

"But look, where there have been conflicts in places like Ukraine, then yes, we Labour and the government were calling for and put in place schemes to allow people to come to this country from Ukraine. The same in relation to Afghanistan and Hong Kong."

Utter bollocks.

Not the most important issue, but I really hate Starmer's phrase "my mission-driven government".  He repeats it a lot, presumably because the people around him approve of it; all it does is reinforce the message that this country's political class live in a separate world to the rest of us, and even speak a different language.

(See also, Steve Rotheram endlessly farting on about a "London-style transport system", as if Kirsty from Haydock dreams of the 134 to North Finchley.)

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not the most important issue, but I really hate Starmer's phrase "my mission-driven government".  He repeats it a lot, presumably because the people around him approve of it; all it does is reinforce the message that this country's political class live in a separate world to the rest of us, and even speak a different language.

(See also, Steve Rotheram endlessly farting on about a "London-style transport system", as if Kirsty from Haydock dreams of the 134 to North Finchley.)

If he wants a London style transport system, he has to build one.

Every single area of the Liverpool City Region would have to be put on the underground system to have that kind of coverage, and that would mean a shit load of building requiring a shit load of money.

Can't see it somehow.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

If he wants a London style transport system, he has to build one.

Every single area of the Liverpool City Region would have to be put on the underground system to have that kind of coverage, and that would mean a shit load of building requiring a shit load of money.

Can't see it somehow.

I don’t think that’s what he means at all.  He means an integrated transport system, with centralised ticketing and management systems, rather than the crap currently served up

Just now, stringvest said:

I don’t think that’s what he means at all.  He means an integrated transport system, with centralised ticketing and management systems, rather than the crap currently served up

Fair enough, nice idea.

Are they still taking the buses back under council control? That will be a good start.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fair enough, nice idea.

Are they still taking the buses back under council control? That will be a good start.

ostensibly that’s what you have in London, even if they are operated by independent companies, TfL manages the integration, the standards and operating policies (they’re all red buses and drivers work to the same rules etc)

13 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

So the far right fuckwit Elphicke is welcome in the Labour party but Corbyn and Diane Abbot arent?

Starmer is a disaster 

Apparently Its a big tent. 

20240513_180549.jpg