You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (a) Premier League - 16/3/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Can’t see this game going ahead on Monday to be fair. 

If it does then please just win. 

Those calling for me to sack off the match threads are the type who would sack Klopp for last night. I’m here till May. Haha

• Upvote 4

This could be behind closed doors, and if it is I'd love to hear our bench singing a few of the Kop's songs. 

If we played like we did last night but our finishing was a tad better and their keeper is a little less lucky then it could be double figures. 

But make the games free to air, especially if the pub thing is true. 

7 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

This could be behind closed doors, and if it is I'd love to hear our bench singing a few of the Kop's songs. 

If we played like we did last night but our finishing was a tad better and their keeper is a little less lucky then it could be double figures. 

But make the games free to air, especially if the pub thing is true. 

You see, this is where all this behind closed doors stuff falls down to me. Dont let people in grounds but let them all still go the pub where they'll be as much interaction with others as they would in the ground.

But I really, really hope we can sneak this game. The big worry is now Adrian and how he reacts as everton are sure to target him which will make van Dijk's partner feel a bit easier I guess.

Judiciousness. Urgency. Strength. Tactical dominance. Grit. Effervescence. Timber. Ingenuity. Tenacity. Drive. Omnipotence. Nerve. Efficiency.

I don't ask for much.

Who knows what is in store with this fixture. With the way the coronavirus is spreading, we could see the game played behind closed doors, or postponed, or even played to a full house as usual.

Whatever the case, we just need to be as focussed as we were prior to the winter break, and be prepared for any eventually re: the game itself. Everton's recent record against us is shit, so let's keep it going.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Judiciousness. Urgency. Strength. Tactical dominance. Grit. Effervescence. Timber. Ingenuity. Tenacity. Drive. Omnipotence. Nerve. Efficiency.

I don't ask for much.

You need to have a word with this fella on GOT. 

Screenshot_2020-03-08-20-41-27-283_com.android.chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Adrian should not play this. The error in the Chelsea game fucked him up, he almost cost us points against Bournemouth and still hadn’t gotten over his nerves last night, and we saw what happened. A derby would be a terrible idea for him at the moment.

Not much choice though.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Adrian should not play this. The error in the Chelsea game fucked him up, he almost cost us points against Bournemouth and still hadn’t gotten over his nerves last night, and we saw what happened. A derby would be a terrible idea for him at the moment.

Genuine question who replaces him ? Lonergan or the youth keeper. Agree with everything you say however think we in a tight fix.

17 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Genuine question who replaces him ? Lonergan or the youth keeper. Agree with everything you say however think we in a tight fix.

I’d take a chance on Lonergan, but with the caveat that I don’t expect too much from him and know it represents a gamble. I just think it’s less risky than playing Adrian, because keepers are uniquely vulnerable when their nerves are gone. I'll always remember Dudek in 2002, because although the Forlan game is the one people remember, he’d started making howlers a month before and was clearly low on confidence, so while the error for the first goal looked shocking in isolation, it wasn’t unexpected for a nervous wreck of a goalie.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Those calling for me to sack off the match threads are the type who would sack Klopp for last night. I’m here till May. Haha

Fucking Suzy trying to take your spot.

Good on you mate, don't listen to the haters.

x