You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) Premier League - 30/11/19 - 15:00

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I disagree. They controled the game for substantial stretches. We didn't manage the game much at all after the first 30 mins. 

We let them have the ball. How do you control a game at 2-0 down? They created a few chances at some points, which isn't too unusual given what we've seen this season from us defensively. That's about it. And we locked them down after the red card. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I always want us to win Trophies but I'm thinking we should try to win the Club WC with a makeshift team and rest a few of our stars, they need it. We also need to bring our summer transfer kitty forward to January, it's Euros anyway and most players won't want to sign new contracts in summer until that is done and dusted. We're in a great position and need to back the manager by giving him further options to rotate the squad more. I'll be literally gutted for ages if we fuck this up. 

Another game. Another win. Another close call.

At some point, we do need to start keeping clean sheets and winning games comfortably. It seems like ages since we battered anybody.

I wonder if our playing schedule is hampering things a little, because with a game every 3 days or so, Klopp and his staff do not have the best part of a week to focus on training where they can focus on our strengths and try to iron out our weaknesses. We play a match, we rest, we do recovery training and before you know it, another match has come round again. A lot of the players have also had the international breaks to contend with, where they've often been involved in 2 games, so there hasn't been a lot of time for Klopp and his staff to do some proper coaching.

I'm guessing Alisson - having earned a straight red for his moment of madness - will miss 3 games. Not ideal, and his replacement had to come in from the cold.

Seeing the brief highlights, I heard the ref's whistle right before the Brighton free kick but I don't know how quickly he blew his whistle. I don't imagine we took an inordinate amount of time when making the necessary substitution, but it looks like Atkinson blew his whistle before we got set. It might be making a big deal over nothing, but Atkinson is a bellend so I wouldn't put it past him.

Bobby STILL hasn't scored a goal at Anfield this season. Hopefully he can break that barren spell in the derby and kick on from there.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We let them have the ball. How do you control a game at 2-0 down? They created a few chances at some points, which isn't too unusual given what we've seen this season from us defensively. That's about it. And we locked them down after the red card. 

I didn't say they controlled the game  (only for substantial stretches) said we didn't. 

"We let them have the ball."

Really? Why? Klopps play style is largely based around dominating possession and given the high line necessary for the counter pressing style it essentially has to be. 

This World Club Cup lark is a distraction and extra bother that IMO we don't need.

Who really cares about it? And by that i mean really cares, like we care about winning the league and the european cup.

It's profile isn't even as high as the league cup in this country - the thought of two games out there, 1 against a south american side who will probably try and kick us to death to my mind is just a massive inconvenience that 1. Sees us fall a game behind everybody else in league (points on board are better than games in hand. 2. Sees us running the risk of picking up more injuries/tiredness at a really busy time for the stuff that really matters....probably playing on shite pitches as well

I know some disagree - but for me it is mickey mouse comp and a pain.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I didn't say they controlled the game

"We let them have the ball."

Really? Why? Klopps play style is largely based around dominating possession and given the high line necessary for the counter pressing style it essentially has to be. 

41 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

They controled the game for substantial stretches.

Uh ok.

Also, we're entering an extremely busy period of games. The game plan today was clearly to blow them away early and then sit back and conserve some energy. That's exactly what happened before the break down which led to the sending off. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Uh ok.

Also, we're entering an extremely busy period of games. The game plan today was clearly to blow them away early and then sit back and conserve some energy. That's exactly what happened before the break down which led to the sending off. 

substantial stretches.

Anyway I can't be arsed. Remember the game, the midfield and balance of possession however you want. 

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

substantial stretches.

Anyway I can't be arsed. Remember the game, the midfield and balance of possession however you want. 

I mean alright. Don't want to get in a semantics war here, but you literally said they controlled the game right before you said you didn't say that. Bit weird. 

Also, the game could have ended 6-2 with the amount of chances we created. If you care that they had more of the ball in the 2nd half, you should probably care less. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean alright. Don't want to get in a semantics war here, but you literally said they controlled the game right before you said you didn't say that. Bit weird. 

Also, the game could have ended 6-2 with the amount of chances we created. If you care that they had more of the ball in the 2nd half, you should probably care less. 

Okay 3 stacks you win. You've beaten me. OK? You've got me chapter and verse and over a barrel. 

"Also, the game could have ended 6-2 with the amount of chances we created. If you care that they had more of the ball in the 2nd half, you should probably care less. "

Our midfield was fine and I recant from my former remarks and opinions on all counts.

OK?

• Upvote 1

A nice warm weather break and a kick about against the post office 11, a team selection which will probably have Klopp get a run out in the second half, then a game against Brazilians not good enough to get contracts in Europe. All with a nice shiny trophy at the end.

Just the tonic after the winter slog in Blighty. A welcome break from the fishbowl Prem.

Why are people talking about three match bans, a red card for handball is a one match ban. Serious foul play is three. 

The length of a suspension for a player shown a red card varies according to the severity of the foul.

For example, a sending off due to a second yellow card will result in a one-match ban, as will a red card received for a professional foul.

Dissent leading to a red card will generally earn a two-match ban, while violent conduct can be punished with a suspension for three games.

13 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Okay 3 stacks you win. You've beaten me. OK? You've got me chapter and verse and over a barrel. 

"Also, the game could have ended 6-2 with the amount of chances we created. If you care that they had more of the ball in the 2nd half, you should probably care less. "

Our midfield was fine and I recant from my former remarks and opinions on all counts.

OK?

What? I just want you to be consistent. Don't say stuff and then say you didn't say what you said.

Secondly, yeah, I think you're overreacting to the fact that they had more of the ball at certain points due to the fact we had cunted them in bastard earlier and were for the most part comfortable. Sue me. You don't have to be weak just because I'm arguing with you. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What? I just want you to be consistent. Don't say stuff and then say you didn't say what you said.

Secondly, yeah, I think you're overreacting to the fact that they had more of the ball at certain points due to the fact we had cunted them in bastard earlier and were for the most part comfortable. Sue me. You don't have to be weak just because I'm arguing with you. 

Go and play with somebody else. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Coming out with shit like that is what leads to folks giving you personal verbals.

Just saying like.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

See, now that's uncalled for. No need for that. I don't resort to that kind of talk. Might want to make your way to a hospital Jordy, you're exhibiting symptoms of the syndrome. 

Can you remember having a crack at my Arthritis and saying I'm falling apart, your Boy remarks to a load of posters. Christ you type some shite.