You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Deal looking even shitter. Sold less shirts than last year. 

Where have you read that? Is that in comparison to last season as a whole? One of the kits was only released yesterday, and the earliest stuff only came out in August, as opposed to May when the earliest NB stuff would come out.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

FSG got more egg on their faces. Fucking clowns 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Deal looking even shitter. Sold less shirts than last year. 

I assume you are referencing this article?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290

Key points from this are...

• Despite the huge surge from Chelsea, numbers are generally down across the entire Premier League, with supporters spending less money on replica shirts than any of the previous five years.

• Data suggests that demand levels for replica football shirts are at an historic five-year low, and UK online searches dropped by 63 per cent in August, compared to 2019.

So they are down everywhere.

I've no idea how this would translate into more or less money from Nike we can't go criticising the owners. If anything it looks bad on Nike.

Didn’t the shirts get released months later than normal. Loads of people don’t have the cash for shirts and our summer has long since gone. What chance would fans get to wear them in the freezing cold when we are not allowed in. It all adds to the reasons why.

How typical for FSG or is it Nike? To judge the mood of the people and not only have three shit shirts, six if you count the player versions, and crazy prices. Wankers. 

1 hour ago, Чемпионы said:

Didn’t the shirts get released months later than normal. Loads of people don’t have the cash for shirts and our summer has long since gone. What chance would fans get to wear them in the freezing cold when we are not allowed in. It all adds to the reasons why.

How typical for FSG or is it Nike? To judge the mood of the people and not only have three shit shirts, six if you count the player versions, and crazy prices. Wankers. 

Agreed. Millions of people have been on 80% salary, millions are taking mortgage / credit payment holidays and unemployment is rising. Spending £70 minimum could be better spent elsewhere these days - especially if you are smart like some people on this thread, you could get 5+ shirts from DHgate for the price of one official shirt.

I would say, if the Nike designs had been better, maybe we'd have sold more? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Where have you read that? Is that in comparison to last season as a whole? One of the kits was only released yesterday, and the earliest stuff only came out in August, as opposed to May when the earliest NB stuff would come out.

It’s not like me to stick up for the owners but the new kits were released much later than normal due to Covid and the club/Nike agreeing we would wear the NB kit to the end of the season. 

Any profit from the deal won’t be realised until the end of the season when there are complete totals of all kits, daps and merch. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Agreed. Millions of people have been on 80% salary, millions are taking mortgage / credit payment holidays and unemployment is rising. Spending £70 minimum could be better spent elsewhere these days - especially if you are smart like some people on this thread, you could get 5+ shirts from DHgate for the price of one official shirt.

I would say, if the Nike designs had been better, maybe we'd have sold more? 

Talking of that, what seller did you get your retro shirts from on DHgate?

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Talking of that, what seller did you get your retro shirts from on DHgate?

Juventus - wuqiliang5618

Barca - hhh78890

Dortmund - xx233792844

When I’ve bought our shirts, I’ve just sorted by best sellers on the assumption that they are also the best pages.

For my red shirt and my daughters green, that worked fine but my daughters & wife’s red shirt were ordered a day or so later that the above 3 and it’s only just been dispatched - all Liverpool orders made with Soccer jersey .

If you can’t find them, I’ll post the links.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Juventus - wuqiliang5618

Barca - hhh78890

Dortmund - xx233792844

When I’ve bought our shirts, I’ve just sorted by best sellers on the assumption that they are also the best pages.

For my red shirt and my daughters green, that worked fine but my daughters & wife’s red shirt were ordered a day or so later that the above 3 and it’s only just been dispatched - all Liverpool orders made with Soccer jersey .

If you can’t find them, I’ll post the links.

Nice one, cheers mate.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I assume you are referencing this article?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290

Key points from this are...

• Despite the huge surge from Chelsea, numbers are generally down across the entire Premier League, with supporters spending less money on replica shirts than any of the previous five years.

• Data suggests that demand levels for replica football shirts are at an historic five-year low, and UK online searches dropped by 63 per cent in August, compared to 2019.

So they are down everywhere.

I've no idea how this would translate into more or less money from Nike we can't go criticising the owners. If anything it looks bad on Nike.

Not to mention that this is data offered by Lovethesales.com, of which I’d never heard until a few minutes ago, rather than official channels. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if sales are down, but this seems quite speculative.

This is purely anecdotal, but a quick look at Sports Direct and JD Sports shows that the Chelsea home shirt in various configurations is generally more readily available than ours, with their vapor shirt still available at both sites, unlike ours. It’s hard to imagine that Nike are uniquely unable to provide an adequate number of Liverpool shirts while Chelsea's supplies are unaffected.

Dont know how accurate it is but that Echo article says chelsea's new shirt had a 84% increase in demand! Fuck me, if that 'demand' translates to an actual increase in sale and not just enquiries, that is phenomenal for what is, I think, a really shit shirt. As Ive said, it looks like a T shirt to me!

Of course they could have had shit sales for the previous shirt and that would account for it.

Our shirts should be flying out the door what with it being the first in 30 years to have a Champions badge on it. But shit pricing strategy, poor quality of the 'stadium' shirt and a seemingly inability for the club shop to have stock, must be impacting sales?