You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yep. They are a fantastic side but the bar has been raised that high that you can't hardly drop a point all season, it's fucking ridiculous. What makes us even better is that we are doing it on a budget that's at least a fifth of City's. What Klopp has done with this team is sheer genius.

Totally agree mate.

In terms of budget though, while it’s been obvious for years to literally everyone that we lack anything close to like-for-like quality in reserve for the front 3, I still think it’s much easier to see the points Klopp’s preferred squad approach has cost us rather than those it’s gained us. Not a one way street, the gamble he’s taken to go with what we had rather than risk spending large on someone like Pepe in the summer, as many wanted.

Our incredible squad unity and resilience is partly driven by how tight-knit and team first/ego last every single one of them is, so I still think just buying someone in January carries its own risk to weigh against keeping Big Div with all his obvious limitations and the ridiculously prematurely hyped Brewster as our back-up options.

That however in itself loops back to your point on Klopp being a genius. He weighed it all up, made the decisions he made along with a whole load of other marginal gains calculations, and he’s got us 9 points ahead of a side playing by an entirely different set of rules. Absolutely remarkable, perceptive and ballsy management, whatever happens over the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why would any self respecting Liverpool fan want River Plate to win? 

Because they bottled it last year and got knocked out by some Arab team in the semi final in the WCC.

Flamengo have been cocky bastards saying they want to twat us in Qatar a d they haven't even given this game any thought yet. Plus their manager is a complete knobhead.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Because they bottled it last year and got knocked out by some Arab team in the semi final in the WCC.

Flamengo have been cocky bastards saying they want to twat us in Qatar a d they haven't even given this game any thought yet. Plus their manager is a complete knobhead.

I said self respecting not self loving 

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

More like San Pellegrino, you big orange bastard.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Jesus Stigs got a team in every port 

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I thought you'd hate Flamengo because of their badge being the same as Rangers. 

Cr_hrEvWAAEwDW_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I've been to more Boca games than you yer queg.

giphy.gif

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Not the brightest lad. 

Its amazing how many ex footballers walk into this roles while being fucking clueless. 

I don't think there has been better coverage on British TV than Channel 4 put together for its Serie A heyday. 

Brackley and Wilkins. 

Even Paul Elliot was better than most of these

Just now, Lee909 said:

Its amazing how many ex footballers walk into this roles while being fucking clueless. 

I don't think there has been better coverage on British TV than Channel 4 put together for its Serie A heyday. 

Brackley and Wilkins. 

Even Paul Elliot was better than most of these

Paul Elliot was a great centre back and a decent pundit. You look like Dennis Wise.