You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

Congress passing legislation attempting to prevent the President from unilaterally withdrawing the US from NATO.

Aimed not at Biden, but at Trump, of course.

Passed on a bipartisan basis, not just Democrats but Republicans as well, who know what a danger Trump is, and are still unwilling to say it out loud.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Former US President Donald Trump's ex-personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, has been ordered to pay $148m (£116m) to two Georgia women over his false claims they tampered with votes in 2020.

Fucking disgusting how the libtards are silencing all the voices that will stop the steal in 2024.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/12/17/democrat-aide-sacked-gay-sex-tape-senate-hearing-room/

A member of a Democratic senator’s staffer has been sacked after filming himself having sex in a congressional hearing room.

Aidan Maese-Czeropski, 24, who works for Maryland senator Ben Cardin, recorded his encounter with another man on the dais of the judiciary room.

The video surfaced on the Right-wing news website, The Daily Caller, which released the illicit video.

Rumours of the video were first raised on another congressional conservative gossip site. Capitol Police are reportedly investigating the incident.

Mr Maese-Czeropski’s sacking was announced by Senator Cardin’s office.

“Aidan Maese-Czeropski is no longer employed by the US Senate. We will have no further comment on this personnel matter,” a spokesman said in a brief statement.

Posting on LinkedIn, the aide said he had been undergoing a difficult time.

“I have been attacked for who I love to pursue a political agenda,” he wrote. “While some of my actions in the past have shown poor judgment, I love my job and would never disrespect my workplace.”

“Any attempts to characterise my actions otherwise are fabricated and I will be exploring what legal options are available to me in these matters.”

The room in which the encounter allegedly took place hosted the historical congressional hearings into the terror attacks on Sep 11 2001.

The room is also where Sonia Sotomayor, the first Hispanic person to sit on the Supreme Court, was nominated.

More recently former FBI director, James Comey gave evidence on Donald Trump’s alleged involvement in Russian interference in the 2016 election.

While Mr Maese-Czeropski considers his legal options, he also faces the prospect of prosecution according to Jonathan Turley, an attorney and professor at George Washington University Law.

Potential charges

One potential charge, Prof Turley wrote, would be under local legislation governing “lewd, indecent, or obscene acts”.

The venue could also cause some legal difficulties.

“The Capitol Police could argue that this constitutes purloining or using government property for personal purposes,” he added. “The key factor is the fact that this videotape was made with the apparent intent to publish or show others.

“Sex in congressional offices — by both members and staff — have long been known to occur on Capitol Hill.

“Yet, this was a public hearing room, albeit closed at the time, and a tape made for what appears public viewing.”

Disgraced former Republican congressman, George Santos, said the aide’s sexuality had nothing to do with the criticism he received.

“Having sex in a United States government building and filming it is the reason you got heat,” he wrote on Twitter.

AmericaFest 2023: Republicans embrace genocide in Gaza, fascism in America

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Turning Point Action’s “AmericaFest 2023,” which is taking place in Phoenix, Arizona, as of this writing, is a further confirmation of the ongoing transformation of the Republican Party into a fascist political organization.

The organizers of the conference, Turning Point Action and Turning Point USA, are two far-right student-oriented groups that operate on college campuses. Both organizations are supported lavishly by right-wing multimillionaires and Republican “dark money” networks. They are currently run by Charlie Kirk, a Republican operative and supporter of ex-President Donald Trump.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/12/19/dhhg-d19.html?pk_campaign=newsletter&pk_kwd=wsws

Former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss won their bid Wednesday night to immediately enforce a $146 million judgment against Rudy Giuliani. 

In the new filing, U.S. District Court Judge Beryl Howell, a Barack Obama appointee, lifted an automatic stay of 30 days she'd imposed on the verdict that allows Freeman and Moss to try to seek the money Giuliani owes them.

Howell cites Giuliani's history as an "uncooperative litigant," his mounting debts from other court cases, and concerns that he will "conceal his assets" within the 30-day period as reasons to justify ordering the ending of the automatic stay. 

America is making a fool of itself. It was supposed to regain some normality after Trump but its actually got worse, some feat. Its soft power is evaporating before our eyes. 

The lunatics have taken over the Asylum. Its obvious Biden is ill. John Kirbys false crying antics make him/America look pitiful. Whilst Anthony Blinken is out of touch with the reality. Seems to see himself as some sort of Roman Emperor. 

it takes some gall and self delusion to make a speech like Blinken made yesterday. Absolute cunt of a man. 

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You quite like the Russians though don't you Gnasher? How's their foreign policy going?

Yawn.A. I don't like the Russians. Why not ask in the appropriate thread. Why not give your opinion on the content of the post? What's your opinion on Blinkens end of year press conference yesterday?  This is the American politics thread. I think it was awful, and bad for Americas standing. 

Unbelievable as it sounds they'll end the year with more strength ,more allies and more rising 'soft' power than they deserve. China have today stopped ships off Yemen bound for Israel. 

Meanwhile western sanctions have (as many predicted) ended up as a disastrous policy of self harm.

20231219_055857.jpg

As for Biden/Putin. You'd have been laughed at last New Years day if you suggested Biden would end this year looking an even bigger cunt than Putes. So fair play to old genocide Joe for pulling off the impossible.

It may well cost him his presidency and Israel won't cry a tear if he's dumped. Trump or whoever will carry on bowing to their wishes.