You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I thought the contention here is the club won't pay the 15m but tfl will do it anyway. 

That is the normal TFL negotiating policy, so I wouldn't be surprised. Tottenham are telling potential sponsors it is done so we shall see.

Yeah Son and Eriksen for sure. Cant believe how backwards Dele Alli has gone. 

That Lamela has the talent but he hasn't delivered there at all. 

With the squad ageing the way they are, they will be fucked if they don't make top 4. Properly fucked. Big lack of revenue and I doubt they have much in the coffers with the new stadium until they start profiting from it. 

Cant stand Palace but fucking come on tonight the owl 

Dele Alli is still quite young though, and there's talent there. If Klopp wanted him, I'm sure he could make him perform at the top level. 

Eriksen & Son would be the two I'd be thinking of. Big money, particularly for the former, and particularly with Levy. Would any of their workhorse midfielders be worth considering if Milner heads off to Leeds? 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I think Eriksen for even 80 mil would be good.

Exactly the type player we need -- smart, has a high workrate, can press and has enough quality to unlock any team in the world.

Also a top dead ball fella.

Sounds about right, I can see him looking for double that. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think he will only have a year left on his contract this summer

Hello!  In which case it could get interesting. 

Really hoping they fall out of the top four cause they're fucked.   Much better scenario than a cheap laugh at a club who'll always be there or thereabouts. 

4/5 is easier than 4/6.

I wonder what other players they have whose contract is waning.  Then again in recent years we've still seen stupid fees for average players with a year left.   Mainly English tbf, who always carry that tax. 

29 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Sounds about right, I can see him looking for double that. 

Especially to another English club. Maybe not quite double but I suspect our fee for him would be higher than Real Madrids if either signed him. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hazard. That’s be a statement signing. Completely unrealistic but... 

It'd be amazing. He was very complimentary about Mo recently and said his favourite stadium to play at is Anfield. Chelsea would never allow it sadly.

23 minutes ago, TK421 said:

They have a load of deals lined up to play rugby and other sports at the new ground.  I think they'll be fine in their London bubble. 

But they could easily lose a couple of players if they're not in CL and will have difficulty replacing  them with top quality.