Quantcast
Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd. - Page 165 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

8 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Isn't he recovering from a 2nd operation on his ankle/ego or some bullshit ?

He's recovering from another failed strop-come-transfer-request

Solksjaer is absolutely fucking drab isn't it? I don't watch Sky Sports News generally but caught some yesterday in the build up the weekend's games and he's like every bumbling, middle managing, talking without substance, bland entity you meet. He spoke for 5 solid minutes and I had no idea what he was saying. He spoke for a similar length of time about Rashford but basically said "nice boy, done good, we're proud of him" on repeat. At least show some passion and emotion in it. 

The perils of rolling coverage, I guess, because the above applies to pretty much all news and sports TV.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Solksjaer is absolutely fucking drab isn't it? I don't watch Sky Sports News generally but caught some yesterday in the build up the weekend's games and he's like every bumbling, middle managing, talking without substance, bland entity you meet. He spoke for 5 solid minutes and I had no idea what he was saying. He spoke for a similar length of time about Rashford but basically said "nice boy, done good, we're proud of him" on repeat. At least show some passion and emotion in it. 

The perils of rolling coverage, I guess, because the above applies to pretty much all news and sports TV.

His press conferences make as much sense as an Ultimate Warrior promo. 

40 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hot take from last night.

gGm.gif

After this and Richarlison's recent comments about VVD I'm starting to think the word dribble has been redefined by the Oxford English Dictionary without me knowing.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2020 at 07:15, Leyton388 said:

His press conferences make as much sense as an Ultimate Warrior promo. 

A lot less bouncing off the walls though.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hot take from last night.

gGm.gif

Say what!? If Obi Wan is so good at dribbling, why isnt he a forward? Anyway, what's with all these mancs and spurs fans watching the game on tv last night? i thought they all said football's nothing without fans in the stadium and were not interested in the rest of the season?

Fucking hypocrites.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

He's been compared to Salah? Fucking hell. Some football fans are as fucking mental as this twats who vote for Boris Johnson.

Having a conversation with a manc the other day and in a deadpan face he proceeded to tell me that Scholes was better than Gerrard. He was serious about it as well, it wasnt a wind up. Just had to tell them he was talking shit and his opinion on football no longer mattered. Boiled my piss it did.

Good player vs probably the best all round player the PL has seen.

9 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Having a conversation with a manc the other day and in a deadpan face he proceeded to tell me that Scholes was better than Gerrard. He was serious about it as well, it wasnt a wind up. Just had to tell them he was talking shit and his opinion on football no longer mattered. Boiled my piss it did.

I've never met a manc that doesn't think that!

Gerrard was twice the player scholes was. He was better at every single aspect of the game. Unfortunately he played alongside far too many players who were incapable of playing to his level. It's like comparing Usain Bolt to one of the golden girls.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Gerrard was twice the player scholes was. He was better at every single aspect of the game. Unfortunately he played alongside far too many players who were incapable of playing to his level. It's like comparing Usain Bolt to one of the golden girls.

I dont think saying twice is enough, if you had swapped the players around, its would have been near unbeatable, whereas we would have become red Everton.

Just now, Ron B said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/26/liverpool-will-struggle-to-repeat-fergusons-run-of-titles-claims-solskjaer-manchester-united

Some profound stuff here from the Goblin One. “Any club would find it difficult to win 13 titles in 20 seasons.”

Im loving this tit is manager of that club. Long may he stay there but you know he will probably be lucky to be in the job this time next season and they'll look to bring in someone at least with a semblence of knowing what he's doing.

You know every fucking manc would just love to have Jurgen as manager instead of him. Even the die hards who will deny it, deep down know they havent a cat in hell's chance of winning the title with him in charge. 8 years without a title will soon be 10.

Funny how they all said we just had our history and what do you know, they now have a manager who can only brag about theirs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im loving this tit is manager of that club. Long may he stay there but you know he will probably be lucky to be in the job this time next season and they'll look to bring in someone at least with a semblence of knowing what he's doing.

You know every fucking manc would just love to have Jurgen as manager instead of him. Even the die hards who will deny it, deep down know they havent a cat in hell's chance of winning the title with him in charge. 8 years without a title will soon be 10.

Funny how they all said we just had our history and what do you know, they now have a manager who can only brag about theirs!

Was just thinking how they are reminding me of us in many ways. Big name signings that flatter to deceive who do just enough to keep the wolves at bay with some really talented lads who are clearly very sound in Rashford (our Robbie) and a manager who says all the right things and clearly loves the club but is evidently not up to such a huge job in Ole. 

In some ways, their improvement could be a blessing for us. Even if they don't make the Champions League places, he will have enough goodwill in the bank to be given another season. Next season bla bla bla...we were that team for years. Suddenly they get a year nearer to 10 years without a title and that can suddenly become 15...20..25...30.

The one thing I will say is that Fernandes is an outatanding player who can drag up the mediocrity around him and if they get 2-3 more players of his calibre, even that fool could make them a force again. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2020 at 13:10, SlugTrail said:

It wasnt Mossy was it? I had quite the debate with him when he informed me Carrick was better than Alonso 

5 hours ago, Dave D said:

It wasnt Mossy was it? I had quite the debate with him when he informed me Carrick was better than Alonso 

No it was my sister in laws boyfriend, he did start about how amazing Carrick was but didnt compare him to Alonso. I think the reaction to the Scholes statement might have stopped that one.

Wonder what's happened to that Carrick fan who made shit videos in his bedroom swearing all the time and slagging off all their players?

• Like 1