You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

57 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Big fan of Alisson, but if he can cut the mistakes out, that would be great. Two errors leading to goals in 17 league games is as many as Mignolet gave away in 19 league games last season.

Christ, he got us into the CL knockouts on Tues ; today he made a handling error on a cross Lovren should have stopped , with a wet ball and it fell fortunately to an opponent . No points dropped and no sleep will be lost,  

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Big fan of Alisson, but if he can cut the mistakes out, that would be great. Two errors leading to goals in 17 league games is as many as Mignolet gave away in 19 league games last season.

Comparing Allison to Mignolet is like comparing apples to pears.

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, I saw the same tweet you did. It’s a pile of fucking wank. 

I didn't see a tweet. I got the stat from the Premier League website. I don't see how a fact in and of itself can be "a pile of fucking wank".

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There was a moment on Sky's coverage where they were showing replays of something and apparently Allison was doing something with the ball while the crowd were making very worried sounds. They never showed what actually happened.

Any idea what happened? I got the feeling it was something to do with him having the ball at his feet with their players around him...

They’ve just showed it on MOTD2.  It’s only a short clip but defo worth seeing, get it on the Iplayer probably on Tuesday I think.

It's a mistake no two ways about it. He's probably a bit unlucky it was so wet so it's just slipped off him and really unlucky it's hit his knee otherwise its a simple reclaim. 

Mistake but Shaqiri bailed him out. He bailed everyone out midweek 

Win and lose as a team

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, I know; it’s one of your biggest weaknesses. 

Taking all facts into consideration is not a weakness. I don't really know what your problem is. Alisson himself will know he shouldn't have given away two goals in half a season.

So what I think the raging Tory bullshitter is saying is that it’s just massive coincidence that while some United/Ev agenda driven tweet slagging our goalie was doing the rounds on social media he was on the premier league stats website searching for the exact same really specific myopic stat.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Stopped reading there, mate. 

Just put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and walk around shouting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!", should prevent any more unfortunate realities from blighting your rosy world view.

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

They’ve just showed it on MOTD2.  It’s only a short clip but defo worth seeing, get it on the Iplayer probably on Tuesday I think.

I think I just saw it, it was in the build up to the second goal?

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Just put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and walk around shouting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!", should prevent any more unfortunate realities from blighting your rosy world view.

I’m certainly not going to base my judgment off of partial stats, subjective in nature, and then be told you use all facts. It’s a waste of time. Come back when you have something interesting, enlightening, or even remotely cogent to say. Until then, I’ll look at the bigger picture when it comes to our very solid, very consistent keeper who is worth a fuck load of points. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think I just saw it, it was in the build up to the second goal?

I’m guessing that was it because I can’t remember seeing it in game and putting 2 and 2 together I’m guessing they didn’t replay it because the goal happened and they forgot about it.  It was a really good example of how play out from a press.  The ball to Fabinho looked really risky but as it plays out it’s a fantastic ball.  I’m not sure who plays it.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m certainly not going to base my judgment off of partial stats, subjective in nature, and then be told you use all facts. It’s a waste of time. Come back when you have something interesting, enlightening, or even remotely cogent to say. Until then, I’ll look at the bigger picture when it comes to our very solid, very consistent keeper who is worth a fuck load of points. 

What part of "I'm a big fan of Alisson" in my initial post did you not understand?

That I acknowledge that he has given away as many goals as Mignolet in a similar period  of time does not mean he isn't much, much better.

What it means is that there are still areas in which he can improve. Quite why you want us to ignore that is beyond me.