You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City are vastly superior to Man United, the only thing giving me hope is the fact that it's a derby and that it's at Old Trafford. If Man City win that one, they'll win the league.

Man U desperately need the points themselves. If they didn't, it would be a foregone conclusion.

2 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

I'm not pinning any hopes on the Mancs, they're not playing particularly well and I think that their fans would prefer City to win this over us. I have the unfortunate 'pleasure' to work with a number of them and to a man they'd prefer to lose to City on Wednesday and drop into the Europa than beat them and possibly hand us the chance to win the league. There is absolutely no doubt in their minds. So in spite of them being their city rivals, in spite of City being financially doped up cheats, their vitriol for, and rivalry with, us transcends all of that. If what I hear them say is typcial of their wider fan base then the atmosphere in that stadium on Wednesday will not be a typical derby one and I wonder just how much the players will want it. Like some others here any hopes we have of City losing points will be against lesser teams who hopefully will be playing for pride rather than thinking about their summer holidays!

We just have to look after our own business. If City drop points, then great, but if not, then we'll set records for a second place finishing team in the league that may possibly never be broken!

How the mighty have fallen. Embarrassing, really embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Captain said:

Man City are vastly superior to Man United, the only thing giving me hope is the fact that it's a derby and that it's at Old Trafford. If Man City win that one, they'll win the league.

Fuck the Manchester Derby, lets just concentrate on our game tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

How the mighty have fallen. Embarrassing, really embarrassing.

Exactly that! I can't believe I'm hearing it, but maybe it's a fear that if we do win the league we'll have the team and the manager who could go on to win it a number of times.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Let’s just worry about our game tomorrow.

Tomorrow? I worry about all our remaining games.

We'll need to win every single one of them if we're to stand a chance of being champions. Or do you actually believe Man City will drop points in two of their remaining games?

11 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

Exactly that! I can't believe I'm hearing it, but maybe it's a fear that if we do win the league we'll have the team and the manager who could go on to win it a number of times.

I can understand them wanting City to win the league, but hoping City beat them is embarrassing. If I were a United fan, I’d have some self respect and want United to twat City, then hope Liverpool dropped points.

7 minutes ago, Captain said:

We'll need to win every single one of them if we're to stand a chance of being champions. Or do you actually believe Man City will drop points in two of their remaining games?

I expect Man City to win all of their remaining games.

41 minutes ago, Captain said:

If we don't win tomorrow, then there's no point worrying about the games after that.

Love the way some forum members know how many points we're going to finish on even before all games have been played.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I'm hopeful but not optimistic. It is what it is. I'm not watching any more of their games though, it's starting to feel like potentially watching their whole route to the league title at our expense. Fuck doing that. If they drop points, I can watch the highlights. 

I think I’ve only watched three City games this season apart from our league games against them. The Chelsea game they lost, the United game, and their first game against Lyon.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think I’ve only watched three City games this season apart from our league games against them. The Chelsea game they lost, the United game, and their first game against Lyon.

You need to watch City more often, you have a decent record. 

54 minutes ago, Captain said:

This could effectively go down to the last minute of the last game, if we just continue doing our business. We seem to be better with the chasing than being chased, so one game at a time. 

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

I agree with both points of view and don't think they're mutually exclusive.

We fucked up in that run of games when we lost the seven point lead.  At the same time, we're up against a team nobody could reasonably expect us to beat over 38 games with the resources they have at their disposal and the points tallies they amass season upon season.

I can't wait for Guardiola to fuck off out of this league. 

I agree, if Guardiola leaves, City will never match what they are doing now.

• Like 1