You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alfie's Army

Oh Buoy

Anyone who has ever had a child poorly in Hospital would tell you how upsetting this would be. The thing is a few of these people will be friends an family mostly they will just be there for trouble. This is in no way the way to react, shameful, truly shameful.

My youngest was very poor in Alder Hey 20 years ago mate its a terrible time as parents and for your whole family,this is getting out of hand day by day and has many have said on here any sympathy we've had is dwindling because of the goings on at the hospital,it's a sad situation all round and there's a poor little baby stuck in the middle,sad times.

• Upvote 1

A guy on Twitter has outed one of the people who tried to get into the hospital today as somebody who's daughter was saved by Alder Hey at the time of her birth. Apparently he had the kid with him as well.

Tbf, it's strange how AH actually let her go. You'd think they'd drag her back in for the 'lethal injection' at any opportunity. 

It's almost as though they don't actually want to kill people which is pretty strange for a death sentencing 'jail'. 

• Upvote 1

A guy on Twitter has outed one of the people who tried to get into the hospital today as somebody who's daughter was saved by Alder Hey at the time of her birth. Apparently he had the kid with him as well.

Also why take the kid, they may take her back in to finish the job?

Fucking mongs

Problem with the hospital backing down is it will lead to more people creating when they cant get their own way.

Yep, this is about rule of law. Wouldn't be suprised if legislation is passed after this about how close you can protest near a hospital

I saw a comment by someone saying that he just looks heavily sedated, they even suggested that when they take him off the drugs he will wake up! I mean, why didn't those doctors think of that rather than keeping him on tubes for all these months?! It amazes me how with such little knowledge people can suddenly become medical experts.

Yeah 100%

They'd be failing their duty of care by releasing him.

Plus, he's still a British citizen. His Italian citizenship has merely resulted in him having dual citizenship. You can't renounce UK/Brit citizenship until you reach the age of 18.

UK citizen, being treated in a UK hospital, subject to UK laws while in their jurisdiction. I can't see what Italy can really do?

'Kin hell.

I've just seen posts from "the Army" suggesting taking nurses hostage until they agree to release the child and one backing it up, saying that there must be somebody who can get their hands on a gun to help take hostages.

Can't wait til they make it to Rome and receive this boss treatment that nobody in the world knows about. When it doesn't go to plan, they won't all be able to get a flight over there to protest. They'd probably all just come back to AH and shout at them for letting Alfie go. 

'Kin hell.

I've just seen posts from "the Army" suggesting taking nurses hostage until they agree to release the child and one backing it up, saying that there must be somebody who can get their hands on a gun to help take hostages.

Ridiculous

Absolutely fucking ridiculous

Surely someone needs to hoover the room and unplug the wrong thing by now?

• Upvote 1