You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alfie's Army

Oh Buoy

I've had to delete Facebook because morons are pissing me off so much with this shit!

"Parent always know best"

I'm sorry, but that argument didn't work for Josef Fritzl and it won't work for you!

You shouldn't have deleted Facebook you should have deleted them. I enforce strict quality control on mine these days.

High Court appear to rule out transfer to Rome, but have asked Alder Hey to consider allowing the child to be taken home.

That seems a fairly sensible compromise. But, is dependant on the parents abandoning the Rome/miracle cure fallacy.

Win for everyone that. 

AH can put this headache to bed while the parents pretend they just want him home* 

*whilst they wait for the Italian government to fund/organise their immigration package so the Pope can do the work of God.

High Court appear to rule out transfer to Rome, but have asked Alder Hey to consider allowing the child to be taken home.

That seems a fairly sensible compromise. But, is dependant on the parents abandoning the Rome/miracle cure fallacy.

If the parents could be trusted not to do anything daft (like try and drive him to the Vatican), i have no issues at all.

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status/988827302271340546

I think that's a really saddening quote. 

Doctors fearing (and probably questioning) whether what they have done is prone to legal action. 

That's the message this has sent out. Doctors (and medical staff) who put their all in to care for these children are worrying about legal action despite having only the best interests at heart. So, what happens when Doctors refuse to treat a child because of the threats and abuse they get for going one of the hardest jobs in this profession? 

What a complete fucking joke. 

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status/988827302271340546

I think that's a really saddening quote.

Doctors fearing (and probably questioning) whether what they have done is prone to legal action.

That's the message this has sent out. Doctors (and medical staff) who put their all in to care for these children are worrying about legal action despite having only the best interests at heart. So, what happens when Doctors refuse to treat a child because of the threats and abuse they get for going one of the hardest jobs in this profession?

What a complete fucking joke.

Did you read some of the cretinous tweets in reply?

I am genuinely hoping for an extinction level event in the near future because we are a truly hopeless species!

The human race has no redeeming features, not a single one!

Did you read some of the cretinous tweets in reply?

I am genuinely hoping for an extinction level event in the near future because we are a truly hopeless species!

The human race has no redeeming features, not a single one!

I just shook my head at practically every single reply.

I agree. Bring on the Armageddon

Didn’t know about this case, just spent a few minutes reading through this thread. Sad business all round, and it sounds like the idiots outside Alder Hey made a bad situation worse.

My own tuppence worth, without knowing the full detail, is that if the hospital says it has done all it can and their prescribed course is to turn off life support and offer palliative care until death runs its course, that should be respected. Lots of people face that heartbreaking situation and find a way to grieve, with dignity, and in private. Nobody wants it, but death is a part of life.

If you get a rare case, like this one, where the parents, on behalf of their baby, want another ‘roll of the dice’ so to speak, because someone else is willing to offer further treatment at their expense, the parents should be allowed to pursue that option. Careful thought should be given as to the mechanism of moving the child from the care of A to B, and the possible legal ramifications, but that shouldn’t be beyond us to work out.

The original hospital is protected, the parents are allowed to continue to try to fight for life, and if someone else is willing to foot the bill (or indeed the parents themselves) then they should be allowed to exhaust every option that is open to them.

Don't agree on the whole there

The doctors have a duty of care to the patient not the parents and if they feel it futile and is causing suffering then they must fight these things imo. 

The issue here too is that the clinic in Rome is not offering another option but just to keep him alive for a unspecified amount of time. Being kept on life support with no hope of a cure(there is no cure for brain trauma like this) then all you are doing is continuing suffering

Don't agree on the whole there

The doctors have a duty of care to the patient not the parents and if they feel it futile and is causing suffering then they must fight these things imo.

The issue here too is that the clinic in Rome is not offering another option but just to keep him alive for a unspecified amount of time. Being kept on life support with no hope of a cure(there is no cure for brain trauma like this) then all you are doing is continuing suffering

The parental rights argument isn’t a good one. Normally you’ll find parents whose opinions will align with medical professionals; we generally tend to take the word of a doctor but denial is a stage of grief for a reason.

Unfortunately when we care about someone or something all objective opinion goes out of the window. It happens from peoples pets just as it does to to their house parents and kids and it cannot be allowed for someone to suffer just to satisfy a desperate parents inability to accept loss.

Throw in the religious argument into the equation and it can get very messy.

Off Facebook

if this hospital refuses Alfie to go after him fighting all these hours alone then you need to ask yourself How did hospitals become so powerful?

And the biggest question you need to ask yourself is..
why is the hospital so adamant about keeping the child in their custody? Are they covering up a mistake? Or have they sold his body to research?

be very careful with your children and whom you trust. Then ask yourselves how he developed this neurological condition in the first place. He was born a healthy normal growing child!! When did he last receive vaccines?

Alfie's issues started around the same time as his baby vaccines. His issues started with seizures...typical side effect of vaccines!!

people keep asking why the hospital doesn't just let him go...good question. Here is one MAIN theroy i think is questionable the parents have photographed bruises and blood marks on Alfie while he's been under hospital custody. So there is the possibility he was used for medical research. That's one reason hospitals take parents to court to get custody...and once they have it, they can do whatever procedures they want.

And to complete research, they have to have the body for autopsy. But they can't do that if another hospital has him...or if he recovers. Medical research is a BILLION pound business. Why this theory...because the hospital is very adamant he stays with them!!

This has recently happened in australia and been uncovered!!!
#LearnTheRIsk #Alfie #saveourchildren #medicalMURDER

Fuck me!