You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

Binged the whole 7 parts today. I thought it was great. The longer episodes allowed for some better storytelling but then had some filler characters like the basketball team. Possibility of trimming some of the fat however the episodes fly by so the pacing was good.

A bit strange that the second part of the season is only 2 episodes but hopefully they'll round the season off in good fashion.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, skend04 said:

Binged the whole 7 parts today. I thought it was great. The longer episodes allowed for some better storytelling but then had some filler characters like the basketball team. Possibility of trimming some of the fat however the episodes fly by so the pacing was good.

A bit strange that the second part of the season is only 2 episodes but hopefully they'll round the season off in good fashion.

I think the last two episodes are feature length and total over 2.5 hours in run time

43 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I'll be honest, I thought that was very poor. I was bored shitless. 

Not watched S4 yet (other things to watch) but it's definitely a show of diminishing returns with each season.  And I'm still pissed they killed Mikey off in season two. 

Yea I watch yhe second half of season with a hangover so maybe that's why it wasn't as good.

But I think some of the resolutions to problems they have are just lazily written. 

- crazy world ending situation

- out of nowhere a solution is found with zero effort

Seems too easy that I slowly stopped caring.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I need to watch Ep4 again, stupidly watched it early hours of Sunday after a full day on the ale so last night I started Ep5 and didn't have a clue what was going on.

Same, got 30 minutes into Ep4 last night and realised I wasn't actually watching it and had no clue what was happening.

Really enjoyed the first three episodes though.

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Same, got 30 minutes into Ep4 last night and realised I wasn't actually watching it and had no clue what was happening.

Really enjoyed the first three episodes though.

I've just re-watched Ep4, this time cold sober, it's amazing how much I missed the other night.

Really good episode, the girl who plays Max is such a good actor.

Oh, and Kate Bush must be rolling in the royalties.

Finished all the released episodes last night and thought Ep7 was particularly brilliant, no spoilers but the way they linked everything together was very well done and I can't wait for the final two in July.

Overall I liked the darker tone of this season and I like the size of each episode, all coming in at over an hour to emerse you more into the story. The introduction of more characters was hit and miss, Eddie Munson was a good addition but the stoner pizza boy was annoying and a bit Jar Jar Binks territory.

Excellent.

23 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Episode 4 was excellent. Glad I stuck around. 

Aslo noticed at the end credits that Robert Englund played Victor Creel. Definitely a series to suit his talents. 

Loads of callbacks in this season. Nightmare on Elm Street, Silence of the Lambs. There's even a Die Hard one.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Is it a gory version of twin peaks?

Nope. It's more straightforward and not stuck up it's derierre, making you switch off part way through an episode and cry about how they axed the original run of Penny Dreadful for some self-indulgent shite