You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Athletic Bilbao

Arl arse

I'm not sure TAA's rise to first choice RB will be that smooth. There's a player there, but he's getting hyped a bit too much for my liking. He's still positionally naive and will get ripped to shreds a few times if thrown in at the deep end. A settled midfield and CB partnership would help him mind.

Ha, that second selection won the game.

Impressed with Kent's workrate, looks like he could be a good little player. Despite his brilliant goal, I just dont see it with woodburn. Nice to see flanno get a run out and I thought he'd scored when he ran through with his arms out after Solanke's header.

Solanke showed Origi how to do it. I think this lad could make an impact if he's going to come on late in games.

That's pre season over and apart from losing a penalty shoot out, we've turned in some good performance workouts. I dont get the almost permanent state of dejection on here, I dont think our squad is that far off being what the manager wants and Im glad we're not an oil rich club where some cunt just decides to change the whole fucking make up on a whim.

I dont know what the season will bring. I dont think we'll be anywhere near a challenge for the PL because the clamour will be to make a fist of the PL. Jibb the two domestic cups and play the young lads and squad members who need a game when the time comes.

Roll on watford which will be a completely different battle to anything we've had in pre season.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

For me Solanke should definitely be above Origi in the pecking order.

X2, Origi has been shite since his injury. well shite might be a bit harsh, but he rarely shines or uses his pace anymore. 

It sounds like Solanke is taking his chance and Origi not so much. Perhaps they will switch around in the pecking order. Origi needs to pull his finger out. Also seems as though Moreno is moving up in some people's estimation, though it might just be a shop window sort of thing. Grujic also seems like he's staking a bit of a claim, at least to be considered for the bench.

The main men are still the main men, and beyond that a few are moving up and a few are moving down. That's a good pre-season as you need to find out who you might be able to depend on.

It's very clear we need a top central defender to come in. VVD and Keita would lift this and have us hoping of big things to come. We're not too far off, but over the course of a long season we don't quite look to have the depth we need.

VVD is imperative to stand any sort of chance to compete at the sharp end in either the Premier or the CL as we just look so vulnerable in defence.

It sounds like Solanke is taking his chance and Origi not so much. Perhaps they will switch around in the pecking order. Origi needs to pull his finger out. Also seems as though Moreno is moving up in some people's estimation, though it might just be a shop window sort of thing. Grujic also seems like he's staking a bit of a claim, at least to be considered for the bench.

The main men are still the main men, and beyond that a few are moving up and a few are moving down. That's a good pre-season as you need to find out who you might be able to depend on.

It's very clear we need a top central defender to come in. VVD and Keita would lift this and have us hoping of big things to come. We're not too far off, but over the course of a long season we don't quite look to have the depth we need.

VVD is imperative to stand any sort of chance to compete at the sharp end in either the Premier or the CL as we just look so vulnerable in defence.

If we somehow pulled off signing VVD and a decent midfield option i reckon we should be in the top 4 at least and  could possibly be in the mix for the league. I cannot see us getting top 4 this year with the current  squad and especially that defence.