Quantcast
Andrew Robertson - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

cuppatea

Andrew Robertson

Having a bang average back up like Robertson isnt so bad if you actually have a decent first choice, we don't.

We needed a first choice left back.

I think Milner was decent until he ran out of steam. Bit annoying that he didn't have a magic left foot but he brings a lot of good qualities to the team.

I also think full back is the easiest position in the team to make do and have a cheap solid option.

Hard act to follow. Milner, Moreno, Robinson, cissokho, Flanagan, Enrique, insua, konchesky, dossena, aurelio, riise, traore, ziege, carragher, Staunton, bjornebye, harkness

Not too many successes in there.

I think Milner was decent until he ran out of steam. Bit annoying that he didn't have a magic left foot but he brings a lot of good qualities to the team.

I also think full back is the easiest position in the team to make do and have a cheap solid option.

Dont really agree with any of that tbh. It was painful watching Milner predictably cut onto his right and lay it off time and time again.

Klopp asks a shitload of his full backs. They're our main source of width and we haven't got a single suitable one in the squad for what he asks.

If and its a big if, we're actually going big on cb and cm, then it's understandable why we're making do until next summer. Same can be said about the goalkeeping and centre forward positions tbf, it was never going to be sorted in one window. Just can't say im looking forward to full backs being asked to do everything and offering nothing for another year.

• Upvote 2

Not if we are going to keep asking those full backs to provide so much of our attacking width especially in the games where teams just sit in.

Watching Clyne constantly pick the wrong option and lose it and Milner constantly cut onto his right foot and move lose momentum was one of the biggest reasons for us failing to despatch the shite during our bad runs last season

• Upvote 1

Maybe there will be more natural with this season with Mane and Salah out wide and Coutinho playing in midfield.

Maybe the fullbacks will prosper from this.

Maybe TAA and Robertson will play together well.

Maybe Clyne will improve and Milner stop cutting inside.

Maybe we should wait and see.

Maybe I'm a cunt.

Maybe.

Dont really agree with any of that tbh. It was painful watching Milner predictably cut onto his right and lay it off time and time again.

Klopp asks a shitload of his full backs. They're our main source of width and we haven't got a single suitable one in the squad for what he asks.

If and its a big if, we're actually going big on cb and cm, then it's understandable why we're making do until next summer. Same can be said about the goalkeeping and centre forward positions tbf, it was never going to be sorted in one window. Just can't say im looking forward to full backs being asked to do everything and offering nothing for another year.

Or he likes Milner at left back, mignolet in goal and his options for centre forward. Are we going to be saying it's too much to do in one window every window? This is klopps 4th window? When are people going to accept he's happy with this squad and just wants a few in to replace Lucas, sakho, Moreno and challenge for starting.

Not if we are going to keep asking those full backs to provide so much of our attacking width especially in the games where teams just sit in.

Watching Clyne constantly pick the wrong option and lose it and Milner constantly cut onto his right foot and move lose momentum was one of the biggest reasons for us failing to despatch the shite during our bad runs last season

A supreme attacking full back or two would definitely have helped during those bad runs.

But the bad runs mostly came when Mane and one or both of Coutinho and Lallana were out (along with Henderson for those Hendo fans).

If we have Salah and Keita in the squad that gives a lot more quality attacking and creative options in midfield attack to take on the creative burden.

A supreme attacking full back or two would definitely have helped during those bad runs.

But the bad runs mostly came when Mane and one or both of Coutinho and Lallana were out (along with Henderson for those Hendo fans).

If we have Salah and Keita in the squad that gives a lot more quality attacking and creative options in midfield attack to take on the creative burden.

Lets hope we have less injuries (i doubt it though) but i still think a proper quality left back would have been a good idea....i'd also upgrade clyne personally but that is just me.

Hopefully this season when key players are injured we don't turn to shite because we have suitable replacements.

Reading this morning that Ckyne created more chances than Walker last year. I think he will be fine with Mane back in the squad and im hoping Salah on the other side has the same impact on Milner/Robertson.

Yes I'd hsve loved Mendy but 40ml plus and 150/200k week on top of Salah and potentially VVD,Keita was not happening.

• Upvote 1

Love the way some people think because we're in the CL qualifiers, players like mendy etc are going to be chucking themselves under the wheels of the LFC team bus to play for us.

Have you seen much of him then? I haven't myself.

Substituted at half time v palace, 4-0 down at half time, in the game that saw Hull relegated.

Released by celtic, did reasonably well in tbe scottish 3rd division that earned him a move to dundee (utd) before a move to hull in the championship.

Ive watched some full games. Right foot for running, quite fast but shit in almost every footballing regard.

Clichy and kolasinac both free and £8m on shit is a fucking joke as back up to milly, so i dont subscribe to the, we can suffer this shit if it gets us keita and vvd line.

Others have given their view on JM at left back and i agree with them, great professional but not a left back.

Reading this morning that Ckyne created more chances than Walker last year. I think he will be fine with Mane back in the squad and im hoping Salah on the other side has the same impact on Milner/Robertson.

Yes I'd hsve loved Mendy but 40ml plus and 150/200k week on top of Salah and potentially VVD,Keita was not happening.

We should be after Ckyne then.

Substituted at half time v palace, 4-0 down at half time, in the game that saw Hull relegated.

Released by celtic, did reasonably well in tbe scottish 3rd division that earned him a move to dundee (utd) before a move to hull in the championship.

Ive watched some full games. Right foot for running, quite fast but shit in almost every footballing regard.

Clichy and kolasinac both free and £8m on shit is a fucking joke as back up to milly, so i dont subscribe to the, we can suffer this shit if it gets us keita and vvd line.

Others have given their view on JM at left back and i agree with them, great professional but not a left back.

So to summarise; Andrew fucking Robertson? Fuck off...

I wish him all the best if we sign him, but I have to say, based on our track record, if I needed to buy a left back and LFC was a consulting agency, I would not hire us to advise me.

I think it's fairly obvious that Robertson is just a stopgap

And thats why i am so ANGRY. £8m? Why? Free clichy? Free kolasinac?

£100000 a week on a two year deal for two superior players in every regard for a bit more in wages than this no mark would cost is outragously bad business and makes no sense financially or in terms of ability.

You got me Jose

I think it's fairly obvious that Robertson is just a stopgap

Teams with serious designs on challenging for trophies don't sign stop gaps for positions they are already filling with a stop gap.

• Upvote 4

Give the lad a fucking chance, he hasnt even signed yet.

Fuck off thats not how this works. He is guilty until proven to be a baller.