You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Shit sorry, didn't read your post properly. Is a draw against them enough?

Yeah because it would take us to 73 and leave them only able to get to 73.

Our GD is massively better and couldn't be turned around in 2/3 games.

We still have the Brighton game after that too.

Sound, we'll be fine. Anyway, this all moot since we're going to win number 6 and will be qualified regardless

I don't think Brighton will give a shit, personally.

They are safe and have alcohol to drink and loose women to dance with.

Not getting beat by Chelsea is the key.

I'd possibly say that the game in Rome holds the key - get through and the bounce will carry us through the last two games on a massive high and see us do enough....confidence running through us, feel good factor, fans on a high..

Fuck it up Wednesday though and I think it will mentally destroy us (players and fans) and we'll struggle like fuck in the last two league games - a mentally shattered side under big pressure with massive doubts in everybodys minds after what would have been a massive collapse.

• Upvote 1

Why are you even thinking like that, mate?

I heard people grumbling out the ground going, "If we play like like that on Wednesday, we'll get beat."

No chance, we'll play like that. It's obvious we won't.

I heard people going, "If we can't score against Stoke, can we score at the Olimpico?"

Regardless, 0-0 would see us through.

Don't take this personal, mate, because it's stuff I've heard from a lot of people, but isn't it draining to think that way all the time? I watch us and it's obvious we're on the right track. The players people slag aren't that bad. Today's disappointing but fucking hell, imagine saying at the start of the season we need to avoid losing by three goals to get to a CL final and a max of three points from two games to get top four. We'd have been doing somersaults. It's not a cool shout, but just give this team some credit.

• Upvote 7

Why are you even thinking like that, mate?

I heard people grumbling out the ground going, "If we play like like that on Wednesday, we'll get beat."

No chance, we'll play like that. It's obvious we won't.

I heard people going, "If we can't score against Stoke, can we score at the Olimpico?"

Regardless, 0-0 would see us through.

Don't take this personal, mate, because it's stuff I've heard from a lot of people, but isn't it draining to think that way all the time? I watch us and it's obvious we're on the right track. The players people slag aren't that bad. Today's disappointing but fucking hell, imagine saying at the start of the season we need to avoid losing by three goals to get to a CL final and a max of three points from two games to get top four. We'd have been doing somersaults. It's not a cool shout, but just give this team some credit.

I am not saying we will lose or we we won't go through or anything like that...or that today is any kind of indication of how we will do on Weds.

All I am saying is IF it goes pear shaped on Weds i think we'll collapse in our final league games off the back of it....the counter point to that (which i also covered) is that if we get through on Weds I think we'll be so full of confidence and on such a high that we'll smash Brighton and probably Chelsea.

The good news is we are in a strong position and we SHOULD be sound.

As for credit for the team - they deserve plenty and the manager deserves loads, he has us over achieving and it is genuinely exciting what we could be if we can just keep building.

I know what you mean, but we're talking intangibles as though they're certainties. People thought we'd collapse after an early goal v City and we held out under the most intense of pressure. People talk about this team as though they're the Chuckle Brothers and I don't see it, personally. I think a lot of it is people being wiser after the event.

I know what you mean, but we're talking intangibles as though they're certainties. People thought we'd collapse after an early goal v City and we held out under the most intense of pressure. People talk about this team as though they're the Chuckle Brothers and I don't see it, personally. I think a lot of it is people being wiser after the event.

We are definitely starting to grow more of a spine and this coming week could well see us take another big step to becoming winners rather than nearly men with a reputation for collapsing with the winning line in sight when it really matters.

A 2nd season of top 4 on the bounce and a european cup final would represent progress and help build belief and confidence but (and we have to look at it) fucking these things up would have the total opposite affect and only compound the problems that exist with negativity, nervousness, lack of belief etc....

It also feeds into opponents as well when we fail as they know we are suspectible to a collapse even when dicking teams and it means they keep going thinking they can get at us....in the same way that winning makes teams fear you even when they are beating you as they know you aren't done....Man Utd lived on this and still do to an extent for years.

10-man Inter come from behind and lead Juve 2-1.

The sending off was dodgy as well, ref gave a yellow but overturned it on VAR. Didn’t look like a red to me.

Could easily have sent Pjanic off for a 2nd yellow a few minutes ago as well.