You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Amateur hour. I can get that we've apologised for the fact we leaked that Van Dijk preferred us so as to try to prevent an auction, but why end all interest in signing him?

Money talks so just stump up if it's that important to Klopp that we sign him.

I can tell you're not that familiar with how FSG operate...

Van Dijk was a gambe to an extent- dont get me wrong, wanted to get him, but 60m? Had my doubts like quite a few did.

Football fans are a special breed (myself included).

Ive seen more angst, rage and despair on this thread since our statement this evening, than I have in any GF thread on subjects such as Brexit, terror incidents,  war, politics etc......

We have an ability to provide dark humour on most things, but when it comes to FSG/Transfers etc- this is serious shit.......   

Van Dijk was a gambe to an extent- dont get me wrong, wanted to get him, but 60m? Had my doubts like quite a few did.

Football fans are a special breed (myself included).

Ive seen more angst, rage and despair on this thread since our statement this evening, than I have in any GF thread on subjects such as Brexit, terror incidents,  war, politics etc......

We have an ability to provide dark humour on most things, but when it comes to FSG/Transfers etc- this is serious shit.......   

Coz I many love this club and spend my time and money following them, to see them run by fuckwits really fucking stinks

How many failed transfers under FSG because of inability to get deals done?

Konoplyanka

Sanchez

Willian

Salah (on course for 2 fuck ups)

Dele Alli

Alex Teixeira

Mkhitaryan

Konoplyanka

Zielinksi

Have I missed any out?

On the bright side we sign expensive shit quickly. Hang on...

Is Cardie the clubs official spin doctor?

No, I'm just not prone to always taking the easiest route.

If you always blame the 'club' as some weird entity it loses the impact when they are to blame for something, people were quick to believe the press when he was supposedly willing to join us, when those same sources link us to tapping up not so much.

Who cares if Klopp or a combination of Klopp and others is to blame, it doesn't tarnish his ability or supporters faith in him but let's at least have the balls to use his name if, as seems to be the case, it is him instead of blaming everyone around him.

So, just to be absolutely clear. You are not employed by the club in any capacity whatsoever?

I know he's a super rich footballer who's about to be even rich when he joins City or Chelsea in the next week or so... but I kind of feel sorry for Van Dijk. He must have thought that our interest was genuine.

It'll get that way mate that no top player will think we're serious and just laugh when we're mentioned.

I know he's a super rich footballer who's about to be even rich when he joins City or Chelsea in the next week or so... but I kind of feel sorry for Van Dijk. He must have thought that our interest was genuine.

He put his neck on the line to come out and say he wants to join us, Klopp also put in hard graft to convince the guy to come here. I'd be unbelievably pissed off being either of them. Klopp could walk away after this and not one fan could complain about his decision.

He won't be that arsed next season when he rises majestically to a corner and powers a bullet header into the back of the Kop goal net, then peels away celebrating thinking "the fucking knobheads" as the roar of the away end echoes and we all look around and remember this day today - the moment we cemented our status as a middle of the table fuck-up club. While a load of pricks on the Kop film it on their phones. 

• Upvote 7

And what did the mancs do? Fuck the FA and the other club, went on to sign the players and win fucking cups.

The way this club is run is absolutely shocking with no ambition and bollocks

The thing with the mancs is, as soon as the player agreed to sign for them, they went back to the selling club and paid the asking price whereas we've tried to be clever with our Everton of the 90's ridiculous offers and ended up with none of them