You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

The problem seems to be the constant leaks to the Echo, Joyce, Dom King, etc... anytime we make any kind of positive headway on a deal. It gives us stuff to talk about as a fanbase but it's got to stop, or at least be limited. It's pissing clubs off to the point where they don't want to do business with us. 

have you ever criticised the club or owners ?

Are you so obsessed with FSG that even a comment that has nothing to do with them has to be dragged back around to them in the fear that you think they're getting off lightly.

Juventus were relegated for match fixing, Liverpool have had players banned for life for match fixing, players have had sex with underage prostitutes, been banned for drugs and still seen as darlings of the game. Clubs have exploited tax loopholes while people were losing there businesses and are still held up as examples of the beautiful game.

Tapping a player up and not being able to sign him isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree - and it certainly won't have helped with the mood of fans towards those running our club.

Like i said earlier heads should roll.

This football club and its fans deserve better than this.

And you reckon they give a fuck about the fans? Soft cunts buying shirts, tv money etc. Fuck the fans, have some pics of the lads at Melwood, the new stand/pitch

And you reckon they give a fuck about the fans? Soft cunts buying shirts, tv money etc. Fuck the fans, have some pics of the lads at Melwood, the new stand/pitch

I have no doubt fsg don't give a fuck...i wish they would just fuck off out of our club, mate.

Are you so obsessed with FSG that even a comment that has nothing to do with them has to be dragged back around to them in the fear that you think they're getting off lightly.

Juventus were relegated for match fixing, Liverpool were had players banned for life for match fixing, players have had sex with underage prostitutes, been banned for drugs and still seen as darlings of the game. Tapping a player up isn't that big a deal.

obsessed with FSG? No not really pal. But I can call something for what it is without having to try and spin it like you do.

You tend to the more obsessive with replying to anyone that has a go at the club /owners and take the side of the club no matter what.

• Upvote 3

The whole process stinks of a sabotaging the transfer from the inside to ensure it doesn't go ahead. PR stunt gone wrong.

I await the end of the window to see how many players are signed and how many of them will improve the squad.

Hopefully there will be a few but it's going to be a whirlwind if the transfers are managed like that.

Always presumed it was Ayre running his mouth to the papers, but perhaps it's this Edwards fella.

Academic really, because the smartest men in the history of sport always seem able to pick an amateur from a room full of professionals.

The whole process stinks of a sabotaging the transfer from the inside to ensure it doesn't go ahead. PR stunt gone wrong.

I await the end of the window to see how many players are signed and how many of them will improve the squad.

Hopefully there will be a few but it's going to be a whirlwind if the transfers are managed like that.

Wouldn't it have been easier for it to just not go ahead?

Giving a fuck about it all is very difficult.

If he wants to join us he can carry on like a cunt at his pub team club until they give in.

Or he goes to City or ..... whatever the other clubs who are in for him are called.

Or he stays where he is until he realises that his hair style is completely unacceptable anywhere north of Wolverhampton. And maybe not even in Wolver..............., Nah, his swede would look futuristic in the 'Black Cuntery'..

Anyway, that's how I feel. Until the drink wears off.

Vote Labour.

• Upvote 1

The one bright spot of today is it may contribute towards hastening their departure.

I would love them to sell to absolute winners, but it's hard to effect them when the hardly put their heads above water. They are not like the other 2 twats who had to surface looking for investment, they are hardly here. They are happy to tick along.

There is a lot of apathy amongst the fan base

I would love them to sell to absolute winners, but it's hard to effect them when the hardly put their heads above water. They are not like the other 2 twats who had to surface looking for investment, they are hardly here. They are happy to tick along.

There is a lot of apathy amongst the fan base

Is right

obsessed with FSG? No not really pal. But I can call something for what it is without having to try and spin it like you do.

You tend to the more obsessive with replying to anyone that has a go at the club /owners and take the side of the club no matter what.

The thing is I couldn't give a fuck one was or the other about FSG. It's the overtly one sided nature of criticism I have an issue with as a principle as opposed to who it's aimed at.

It's why I backed Rafa towards the end when people with influence were making up bollocks about back handers to hurry along the process of churning the discontent on here before he left or why I disagree with the revisionism of Rodgers time here. 

It's not wrong (or a direct defense of the club)to think the conspiracies about this being orchestrated by FSG so they didn't have to sign him are moronic when the easiest way to achieve it was to not sign him or that lashing out at 'the club' or 'FSG' and absolving Klopp of blame by saying he'd be within his rights to walk as if he has no part in this is a kop out, or that the grandiose declarations of this being the worst (football related) thing to happen to us and who will want to deal with us after this is more than a little melodramatic given what other clubs have done with limited repercussions from the wider (non governing body) footballing world.

• Downvote 1

I'm finding this very difficult to get annoyed about. The message may never hit home with FSG, so it's not worth getting too bothered about.

You are because really, other than the apology, it's nothing particularly new...