You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How is this still a thing?

No, no, moof. The music that the X Factor produces is the very best available. It is the absolute cream of the crop.

It is also true that most music in the UK outside of London is rubbish which is why most A&R men don't bother listening to it.

As for music made outside of the UK and the USA it is all a load of shite and needs to pull its socks up and put more effort in.

Very true. Everybody in life is exactly where they deserve to be.

Comparing music or any art form with F**tball?

*rolls eyes and shakes head

Comparing people who say 'I'm as good as him, just didn't have the breaks/he was lucky/didnt have the timing'

In an age where getting your music out to the world has to be easier than ever it just sounds like bollocks. Of course you will tell me how it's harder than ever.

I'm not doubting your skill, not for an instant. What I am doubting is you choosing the academic route over the millions, birds, drugs, mansions, birds, millions, more birds, private jets. I've no doubt there are better musicians than the Beatles, but they didn't do it did they?

Anyway you've convinced yourself, who,cares what I think?

I remember the Cruyff turn, well all he did was cross his legs, any idiot can do,that.

You are H from Steps and I claim my £5.

• Upvote 1

In an age where getting your music out to the world has to be easier than ever it just sounds like bollocks. Of course you will tell me how it's harder than ever.

Yeah it is actually Rico.

The music business isn't in a very good state, harder than ever to get a break and actually earn some money from it to sustain a living, unless you're selling millions of records from the first album and even then the money is more from touring than actually putting music out due to streaming being the norm and the industry not yet figuring out how to change their models.

Heard a story the other day about someone who's had 10million streams on Spotify. He earned less than £4,000 from that which is probably around the amount it cost to make the album, maybe even less!

...Anyway, back on topic. The last time I saw one of these boxes was in London a few months ago and I could actually smell the piss from a couple hundred yards away.

Horrible things.

• Upvote 1

Loads of people get talent and success mixed up for some reason.

Most of the most talented musicians I've seen have been playing in front of two men and a dog in some jazz basement. Compared with Kylie Minogue who can't sing a fucking note and is probably a millionaire.

That's Doctor Kylie Minogue to you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15193169

I use her full name, so you don't confuse her with the other Doctor Minogue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-15647269

• Upvote 1

What a load of complete and utter bollocks.

I have no doubt you may be technically better than loads of guitarists but the talent is being able to write the music and songs.

As for the marketability why not write your music for other people?

I've heard the same fucking lame argument from footy players I've played with who were better than Nicky Butt etc etc etc but somehow they got dropped.

I dont doubt some of your mates were probably better than Nicky Butt,at about 15,but the simple fact that a coach chooses one lad over another as a teenager opens ones world up to becoming wealthy and therefore the means to improve his ability,fitness,athleticism etc and takes away the worry of finding a job and spending his life worrying about simple things like paying bills and simply surviving. Getting chosen as a professional footballer is mostly about luck and not always talent. A crap shoot if you like.

• 1 year later...