You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

To be fair they get Kudos for Keita. Next Summer all the big clubs would be going for him.  At £48 million his release clause is dirt cheap compared to this summers prices.  

It was a good move, but it wasn't difficult. We literally just paid them for the privilege of paying them - they had no reason to reject it.

We can't negotiate transfers that aren't slam dunks.

Salah is a great signing. Solanke is potentially very good. Ox is a very good squad filler. Robertson might be good. Keita is outstanding for next year.

However, not getting a top class cb is criminal. It baffles me as much as it angers me.

We are so near being a quality outfit. With a top centre half, we could challenge for the title.

• Upvote 1

Does anybody whos seeing the glass half full really genuinely think the centre back situation is ok.

Waiting for your top targets is all well and good.

But an injury to Matip and we are in trouble. Never mind Lovren being the definition of average and just not good enough.

I just cannot see any positive in that situation.

Does anybody whos seeing the glass half full really genuinely think the centre back situation is ok.

Waiting for your top targets is all well and good.

But an injury to Matip and we are in trouble. Never mind Lovren being the definition of average and just not good enough.

I just cannot see any positive in that situation.

I'm still of the opinion that we need 3-4 CBs of real quality. And that we currently have 1. So is the CB situation ok? A no from me.

Guest Pistonbroke

That's that then......if we do sell Coutinho to Barcelona tomorrow it'll have been a shite window, if we don't then it is has still been mediocre at best all things considered. 

Did we ever bother putting a bid in for Van Dyke? Seems like we have fucked the lad around badly. He throws his hand in hoping to get away to a club of his choosing. The club doesn't bother it's arse trying to get him. Why was it dragged out so long. What a load of shite. It will be interesting to see what people have to say about this nonsense.

It hasn't been a bad window otherwise. More so for the owners. Less than 50mil net spend. They're playing a blinder the slippery cunts.