You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

3 minutes ago, KingLuis said:

Trent is not someone who will track back and defend like you would like from your defenders. It has been some time now where he thinks he is above that and there are others behind to do the job. 

And because of this, I don't think he will work in a midfield like ours, unless the new manager wants to try him as an attacking midfielder (the way Bellingham is playing for madrid, and even there, Belligham has his fair share of defensive duties which he does).

We must not forget that Trent has won everything there is to win with us and at a young age. Is he hungry enough for more ? 

I will prefer we focus our attention on Bradley who is more willing to learn and run. And if we can find someone who is willing to put good money on the table for Trent we should bite his hand without hesitation. 

You see i completely agree with all of that. I want Bradley at right back. I don't want Trent inside from right back. I don't see him as a no.6. I do see him in a position that I've seen Guardiola use this season. 

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If Trent doesn't wise up he'd better get used to being kicked in the face during the off-season.

Trent Jean Claude van Arnold

Since when did we allow a player to dictate where they played? And hard work and defending is a bare fucking minimum, without that you’re never getting in the side. 

I like the lad, he speaks very well away from the game but his attitude on the pitch the last approx 18 months is of someone who thinks their shit don’t stink and 100% commitment is below them. 

A spell being kept out of the side by Bradley seems exactly what his attitude needs. 

• Upvote 3

Although everyone was shite on Wednesday I was particularly pissed off with Trent.

I blame him for the first goal. When the cross first got cleared the ball was looping towards the edge of the box. Trent had an opportunity to get a flick on it to help it on its way but he anticipated a challenge for the header and he ducked his head out of the way. I’ve seen him do the same numerous times before. Grow some fucking balls.

21 hours ago, Moo said:

KDB works really fucking hard and is always switched on to what's going on around him. Can you say the same about Trent?

Don't get that mate, the ground our full backs cover is vast, they aren't lazy. 

Trent has it all, it he bulks up a bit and gets the right coaching then he can be a brilliant physically dominant midfielder.  

Just let him wander around like KDB does, pops up wherever he likes. 

I'm done with Trent. Can't stand him anymore. For every brilliant pass or freekick there's 3 occasions where his lack of commitment costs us.

Watching the other team score beacuse Trent can't be arsed to defend is unforgivable. I can't stand the grin on his face and his dick hanging out after they've scored. I can't take it anymore. I'm done with him.

He's the new Balotelli. Loads of talent but can't be trusted! We're better off without him.

• Downvote 2

I just find myself shaking my head when reading this thread and others in here. Fuck him off to real Madrid, fucking hell! The very fact that one of the best teams in the world would probably go for him should tell us we should hang on to him. As mentioned, where do you find someone else as good.

Coach him, mentor him, motivate him but for fucks sake keep him.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

I just find myself shaking my head when reading this thread and others in here. Fuck him off to real Madrid, fucking hell! The very fact that one of the best teams in the world would probably go for him should tell us we should hang on to him. As mentioned, where do you find someone else as good.

Coach him, mentor him, motivate him but for fucks sake keep him.

Yeah I agree you absolutely keep him but he needs a wake up call, he's part of a team the rest of the players aren't extras to his starring role.

13 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A failure by VVD as captain. He should be telling TAA to pull his fucking finger out instead of allowing him to just swan about.

As good a season as VVD has had, he's probably been among our worst performers relative to his talent the last month.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, A Red said:

We don't have the choice in this - same w Salah. If he wants to go he will.

Have Madrid ever shown any concrete interest? I mean, they will definitely take him on a free.

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Somebody should tell him the obvious because he doesn't seem to realise it either.

Apparently the new fella will if reports are anything to go by.

Having said that though you really have a full on hatred of him. Pepper threads on him with talking out of the side of your mouth bile. Probably on a par with your hatred of Muslims.

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

Apparently the new fella will if reports are anything to go by.

Having said that though you really have a full on hatred of him. Pepper threads on him with talking out of the side of your mouth bile. Probably on a par with your hatred of Muslims.

You have now confirmed your understanding of geopolitics is up there with football. Well done.

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You have now confirmed your understanding of geopolitics is up there with football. Well done.

Just stay true to your beliefs. No need to continually talk out of the side of your mouth. I'm saying it but not really saying it is cowardice.

23 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

North American

22 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Find a girlfriend. 

Blow Up Doll GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

your hatred of Muslims.

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

cowardice.

Dog Smile Shyboos GIF - Dog Smile Shyboos Smile - Discover ...

Might be time to "re-appear" as a new poster. Again.

#sniffthemitten

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Blow Up Doll GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dog Smile Shyboos GIF - Dog Smile Shyboos Smile - Discover ...

Might be time to "re-appear" as a new poster. Again.

#sniffthemitten

The amount you and that Canadian incel hit every thread with your smug I'm smarter that you all attitude, I doubt you've had a sniff of anything for quite some time.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A failure by VVD as captain. He should be telling TAA to pull his fucking finger out instead of allowing him to just swan about.

It's the managers responsibility if Trent has been as bad and for as long as this thread is claiming, then vvd shouting at him isn't the problem. The problem is him being picked to do the same thing over again. 

My personal point of view is he's nowhere near as bad as some claim on here. He's not great without the ball and I think when matip is in the team, he helps him through massively. Some players need that. But for as long as I can remember, the centre back next to Trent changes game by game. With the ball, he can do things very few people in the league can do. We have to learn to harness his best assets while improving his weakest, or at least have players around who compensate. It's what teams do. 

14 hours ago, lebron said:

As good a season as VVD has had, he's probably been among our worst performers relative to his talent the last month.

Performance there's an argument to be had, but in terms of leadership (which I guess is the bare minimum you expect from the captain) - absolutely.

I think Trent should be given the armband potentially as soon as this pre-season, give him the responsibility of a team built around him. Sink or swim time, see whether he can step up to prove he is world class.

Gerrard got the armband at 23, Trent is a bit older. Similar situation with a respected CB, although I reckon Virg would almost certainly hold a grudge which Sami never would have. Trent might need it though to take his game to the next level, and might be the deal-breaker to tie him into a new contract.

It's Liverpool 2.1 I guess, I think it might be time to build a team around him.

8 minutes ago, The-Sir said:

Performance there's an argument to be had, but in terms of leadership (which I guess is the bare minimum you expect from the captain) - absolutely.

I think Trent should be given the armband potentially as soon as this pre-season, give him the responsibility of a team built around him. Sink or swim time, see whether he can step up to prove he is world class.

Gerrard got the armband at 23, Trent is a bit older. Similar situation with a respected CB, although I reckon Virg would almost certainly hold a grudge which Sami never would have. Trent might need it though to take his game to the next level, and might be the deal-breaker to tie him into a new contract.

It's Liverpool 2.1 I guess, I think it might be time to build a team around him.

Jesus fucking Christ

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's the managers responsibility if Trent has been as bad and for as long as this thread is claiming, then vvd shouting at him isn't the problem. The problem is him being picked to do the same thing over again. 

My personal point of view is he's nowhere near as bad as some claim on here. He's not great without the ball and I think when matip is in the team, he helps him through massively. Some players need that. But for as long as I can remember, the centre back next to Trent changes game by game. With the ball, he can do things very few people in the league can do. We have to learn to harness his best assets while improving his weakest, or at least have players around who compensate. It's what teams do. 

Finally some sense. The smartest guy on this forum thinks I want to play him centre back. No, I don't want him in defence at all, I want him picking up the ball between split centre backs to start our attacks, dictate our play. He is not great defensively, we've all seen that. He made 2 glaring errors at the pit but he also played 2 passes that only a few others could make that should have been goals.

If you believe in his ability you build a structure around him. You get him playing offensively from deep, where we still have a right back, where we have Macca and hopefully a new no.6 as central midfielders and then a front 3 that finishes off chances he often puts on a plate.

• Upvote 1