You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Laser eye surgery

stringvest

I don't know what it entails but good luck to you, Stringy.

I went in once whilst my bird had the laser tattoo removal and it was me that was nearly in tears afterwards, not her. It was horrific. The sound, the smell, the flashing light, everything.

Thankfully you'll have forgotten all about it within the hour anyway.

• Upvote 1

they use lasers these days not fire mate. I'm actually having different prescriptions in each eye. Dominant eye will be for distance, and the weaker eye will have a slightly weaker prescription which will negate the need for reading glasses. I'll be like Steve Austin in one eye, and Ethel Austin in the other.

To be fair they may have explained that to me at the time but I can be a myopic twat at times and was focussed purely on the outcome. It was quite amusing watching people go in squinting a bit and apprehensive and coming out wide eyed (streaming) with glasses in hand.

I only got into the unbalance coming back from work on the train to Crewe, looked like I was winking at every cunt whilst I was trying to work out what was up with my eyes.

Anyway enjoy, well worth it, being able to go for a swim etc and see where yer going is cool - aka perving at the beach.

• Upvote 1

I had my eyes done for my 30th birthday present. Got Lasik surgery - when they cut a whole in the outside layer. My eyesight wasn't that bad beforehand but I just couldn't hack contact lenses or glasses, the lower prescription ended up making it cheaper (but still around £2k) then if I had a stronger prescription.

The surgery was pretty painful to be honest as my eyes have small openings and they had to really clamp them open really wide and you can feel the laser cutting your eye (if you use this method). However it's over pretty quickly and they put anaesthetic in your eyes which I'm sure helps. Others have said their lasek surgery didn't hurt but took longer to recover from. I needed one day off work I think to recuperate then I was fine. I found little pain afterwards more itchiness that you obviously can't scratch so slightly uncomfortable but not that bad. I had my surgery tired so that I would sleep afterwards which worked pretty well.

As for the results it's been great, I have 20-20 vision which will last until my late 40s when your eyes naturally denigrate. I thoroughly recommend it.

Hard to say whether there is much difference between the companies that do it, my place was on Harley street and very professional, I was aided by using a Groupon voucher to get it half price. They told me not to believe high street advertised prices of £400 per eye because your eyesight would have to be so good already that the surgery wouldn't be required in the first place and the cards they use cost around £400 each before all the other costs are accounted for.

• Upvote 1

I used to wear contacts so dont have a problem touching my eyeball or have something sat on it.

I considered laser surgery and the best one involved the surgeon cutting a flap in the middle of the eye, pulling this back then using a laser to 'skim off' a layer of the lens. Now seeing as you're awake when they do this and cant close you eye, the thought of seeing someone come at my eye with a scalpel didnt impress me one jot so politely declined.

I used to wear contacts so dont have a problem touching my eyeball or have something sat on it.

I considered laser surgery and the best one involved the surgeon cutting a flap in the middle of the eye, pulling this back then using a laser to 'skim off' a layer of the lens. Now seeing as you're awake when they do this and cant close you eye, the thought of seeing someone come at my eye with a scalpel didnt impress me one jot so politely declined.

That's lasik surgery you are referring to but they use a laser not a scalpel

Nope, not when I considered it a few years back. The guy clearly said they use a blade to cut the flap then use the laser. They've probably made changes since

Yes it was the cheaper option but now they use a laser.

From what i have heard or been told the fact they use a laser to cut the eye ball causes fewer problems and also less risk of infection.

That's what I'm saying

OK fair enough.

Yes it was the cheaper option but now they use a laser.

From what i have heard or been told the fact they use a laser to cut the eye ball causes fewer problems and also less risk of infection.

Too old to bother about it now. Not sure if there's an upper age when the effects arent worthwhile?

they have.  they use a banana now.

Do they do banana bread as well? Had some home made banana bread the other day when I was out on a jollie. Absolutely delicious so I bought a loaf. best bit is the missus doesnt like bananas so I can scoff it all myself. Lovely.

• Upvote 1

Do they do banana bread as well? Had some home made banana bread the other day when I was out on a jollie. Absolutely delicious so I bought a loaf. best bit is the missus doesnt like bananas so I can scoff it all myself. Lovely.

Did it have walnuts on?

Nothing like a good loaf of banana, complete with nuts.

I had it done about ten years ago, best thing I ever did! I was blind as fuck before having it done (Cost me about 2.5k as to how blind I was)

The surgery itself was mildly uncomfortable depends how disciplined you are, it's over quite quickly. Ignored advice to bring someone with me had it done in Manchester and got the Train back to Liverpool and JUST made it home before the after effects kicked in!

The day after is prety horrendous! You'll be given massive pain killers, you'll have to be in a pitch black room all day and Wear shades a bit of light will hurt like fuck. You're prety much blind that whole next day.

Best thing I can describe it is like being poked in the eye constantly for 24 hours, after the first day it gets better can't remember off the top of my head how long it took to fully recover 3days maybe?

• Upvote 1

On Thursday I'm going to have me eyes blitzed. Haven't had it done before now, as my prescription is bonkers (-7.5 or so, with astigmatism in both eyes), but advances in technology/reduction in scruples has made it possible for even those with decrepit sight to get 20-20 or better vision.

Anyone had it done? Good/bad experiences?

Once I've got me eyes fixed, it's just the teeth and the cock extension and I'm ready to hit the tea dances.

This explains your posts on the FF.