You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seems weird how there are continued references to paedos when discussing. As Sasas says, the "grooming" focus, its a little fetishy. 

Are the only individuals being "groomed" in society young girls?

Is is just paedos and religious extremists who do this?

The fuck? Isn’t it a bit early to hit the turps, mate?

Just now, moof said:

The fuck? Isn’t it a bit early to hit the terps, mate?

So - the two questions are - can only young girls be "groomed"? And do only paedos and extremists do it? The terps are up to you cowboy.

Also great response to the age of consent in Syria. By "brilliant" you think 15 is good then?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So - the two questions are - can only young girls be "groomed"? And do only paedos and extremists do it? The terps are up to you cowboy.

Also great response to the age of consent in Syria. By "brilliant" you think 15 is good then?

Go back to bed, you blert

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Dude -- this is so you these days. It is three simple questions.

You have a tendency to duck these

Mate, I didn’t think you were actually being serious. 

Fine, I’ll answer. 

No, no and no. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

The extreme sports thing was a joke. Come on.

The notion of secular ideologies like communism and fascism as ersatz religions is one that has been around for a while. I don't think it especially controversial to describe those ideologies as being very like religions in their nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_religion

But, look, the only thing that can actually destroy my point is some examples of extremists that pose as much of a threat to us as religious extremists do.

That’s easy. They happen all the time. I’ll be back after I get to my PC. 

47 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Again, yes, I said she was persuaded to go, which is the same as grooming for me, is the word grooming some kind of fetish?

On the wrong sentence, you actually believe that 15-year olds' brains are blank slates? In that case a success ratio of ISIS grooming is horrible, no wonder they are finished. There needs to be initial interest, mindset, context, then the process of accepting or rejecting. Actually, why do I even have to explain this?

I believe Adam Johnson tried using that defence.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

This magic switch that kicks in at midnight when someone is 15 years and 364 days old, which imbues them with full responsibility for their actions, where previously they had none - where is it located exactly?

In law?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

There's evidence here that the police had prior knowledge.  I'm talking about her decision to go to Syria, which I believe she was groomed into making.  

The police had become concerned that some girls in East London were being groomed by Isis, using other young women to lure them to Syria with all sorts of promises via social media. It’s easy to see how any 15 year old who grows up within a conservative, restrictive community would find messages like these appealing and exotic.

The police gave Shamima and her friends letters to give to their parents warning about the dangers of radicalisation, which were later found in their schoolbags. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/shamima-begum-isis-bride-home-uk-bethnal-green-isis-home-secretary-javid-a8781141.html

You haven't posted any proof. You've posted a think piece by Janet Street Porter, of all people. What does Janet Street Porter know about this case specifically? I mean it's farcical. 

Is there any substantial proof that she was groomed? Is there clear evidence of the methods ISIS used - in the Begum case specifically - to groom her? Because as far as I can see, nobody that understands the ins and outs of the case has mentioned it. Javid as Home Secretary would've been briefed on everything related to the case, and he hasn't mentioned it. So i'm just curious where it's come from? Because all the evidence points to her leaving on her own volition. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The fella in the Vegas hotel was an ISIS Paedo? I don't agree with what they do but not liking country music is beyond the pale 

They don't like country music?

*Joins ISIS

• Upvote 1