You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm less bothered about him leaving than him making an arse of himself on the way out.

He's better than that.

Don’t let a blind translated comment matter.

You know the man.

He’ll tell the club, I would like to leave as I feel I’ve accomplished as much as I can. There’s really no need for any acrimony, we’ve signed his replacement and he knows where he wants to go.

He’s always battled like fuck and given everything on the pitch, I’m not going to let any of the natural toing and froing of a negotiation sour my perception of an all-time great Liverpool forward.

• Upvote 2

So if the population of Senegal is 17-18 million, he reckons that 70% want him to leave, so that is roughly 12-13 million people want him to leave. 
Liverpool has over 100 million fans, taking it as 100 million and airing on the low side, thats 70 million who want him to stay and around 6 times as many of us want him to stay, as they want him to leave. 

So when you really look at the numbers, it’s all about the numbers and mores so those in his pay packet. Footballing wise leaving us is a step down simple as on footballing terms, however monetary wise, that may be a different story. That’s the numbers he’s really arsed about. Or his agent is more to the point for one final big pay day. 

It must be hard for a player like Mane to put everything into the training, matches, weeks, months and seasons to try and win the trophies and like two of the last four seasons be pipped by a point and a losers medal to show for the efforts. He's started winning trophies and I'd guess he wants to win more. With the oil funded club doing the pipping, he's probably had enough of coming second. 

He's been one of the best of the Klopp era, if he wants to go for that reason I can't say I am that surprised. If his preference is Bayern Munich, I'd suggest it's a big part of it as they're guaranteed domestic trophies.

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

So if the population of Senegal is 17-18 million, he reckons that 70% want him to leave, so that is roughly 12-13 million people want him to leave. 
Liverpool has over 100 million fans, taking it as 100 million and airing on the low side, thats 70 million who want him to stay and around 6 times as many of us want him to stay, as they want him to leave. 

So when you really look at the numbers, it’s all about the numbers and mores so those in his pay packet. Footballing wise leaving us is a step down simple as on footballing terms, however monetary wise, that may be a different story. That’s the numbers he’s really arsed about. Or his agent is more to the point for one final big pay day. 

1 minute ago, suzy said:

Hadn’t he just? He can go he won’t find it better elsewhere.

Don’t agree, Suzy.

Hasn’t he always comported himself as a class act for the six years he’s been here and given everything on the pitch? With the exception of the Covid season, hasn’t he been a brilliant signing and player for this football club?

Don’t think it’s fair to take him over the coals over one ambiguous quote and another translated, when we know him much better than that.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Don’t agree, Suzy.

Hasn’t he always comported himself as a class act for the six years he’s been here and given everything on the pitch? With the exception of the Covid season, hasn’t he been a brilliant signing and player for this football club?

Don’t think it’s fair to take him over the coals over one ambiguous quote and another translated, when we know him much better than that.

It's being said today on various(not the greatest reporters) sites that it was actually the reporter who say 60-70% of fans Senegal fans want you to leave Mane smirks sarcastically and say 60-70%? I will do what they want? It's all said sarcastically by him according to the few websites this morning I first read it on Irish Liverpool fans or something like that but it's on a few then

Screenshot_20220604-084354_Facebook.jpg

5 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

It's being said today on various(not the greatest reporters) sites that it was actually the reporter who say 60-70% of fans Senegal fans want you to leave Mane smirks sarcastically and say 60-70%? I will do what they want? It's all said sarcastically by him according to the few websites this morning I first read it on Irish Liverpool fans or something like that but it's on a few then

Screenshot_20220604-084354_Facebook.jpg

Like I said, we know the man.

He’s not Pogba. 

He’s a proper Liverpool player.

Sadio has been superb for us for the last 7 years, and I think you begrudgingly accept if he wants to try something else in his career. But it does sound like he's being a bit of a bellend about it and unfortunately these things do slightly take the gloss off, when the dust settles.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’ll wish him all the best if he goes, as seems likely. The downside for us is he’s probably irreplaceable. 

I think the big thing is Mane of today is a much better player than Mane of 6 years ago, that's partly down to Klopp and the coaches and Mane himself willing to learn and adapt so replacing him directly  might seem impossible but if you can replace him with someone similar to Mane 6 years ago with the same drive then next year we could / should have a player more than capable of replacing Mane everything happens in cycles as Echo and the bunnymen said "Nothing ever lasts forever"

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shitty Arse said:

60-70% of Senegalese want him to leave Liverpool?

He’s spent the best part of his career here. Became a global superstar, won every trophy under the sun. What the fuck is their problem? 

It’s probably the Klopp belittled AFCON narrative.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Don’t agree, Suzy.

I'm with Suzy on this. No argument on his service to club but quoting daft polls as a reason to go is just bollocks. Man up and just say he's done his shift and fancies a change. 

• Upvote 1