You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

It was tongue-in-cheek mate.

wasn't having a pop at you mate, 

There was a time when he would take the heat for the players when things were going badly but not any longer, the twat just blames everyone else for his failures. He's definitely become lazy in his approach to managing his players and adapting his tactics to the game as is it today.

The massive Whopper now having a pop at Klopp.

Go and poke your own eyes out you pathetic gobshite

Jose Mourinho has responded to Virgil van Dijk's £75m move by reminding Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp of his threat to quit football if astronomical fees became commonplace.

The Reds made the first significant move of the winter transfer window after agreeing a deal with Southampton to make Van Dijk the world's most expensive defender.

Someone saving up over multiple transfer windows to get their first target versus someone splurging and replacing every transfer window is exactly the same thing, isn't it?

It's like when the rich try to compare themselves to the poor who save up for years to buy something nice. 

• Upvote 1

City were starting from mediocre, United were starting from 20 years of success. It's fair to say they had a head start.

Of course City have bought success, but if Maureen's so good, why does he need to combat it with spending similar amounts? I thought it was all about ability, not spending.

The fact is, money doesn't guarantee success, but it massively swings the odds in your favour, and it seems Maureen doesn't trust his talent alone to be competitive. Why? because in truth, United spent plenty on keeping the odds firmly in their favour whilst under Fergie. Yes, they had a very successful manager, and some great players, but they still needed to splash out on top players almost every season.

As it stands, I think Pep's 'aura' is still having a positive effect on players. Quite possibly it's more than just aura, it's genuine ability too. Maureen's 'aura' has faded, and I just don't think his players have the faith in him they once had.

It'll probably happen to Guardiola one day too, but right now, he's on the up and Maureen's on the way down.

• Upvote 1

It’s fair to say Mourinho is on the way down. I don’t think players believe in him as they once did.

As for Pep being on the up, I’m not so sure, as he has been at the top for a while now. Maybe he had a blip at Bayern because he couldn’t deliver the Champions League so was only on a par with his predecessor?

In a way, it’s the same at Man a City. The nice football, goals and winning streak is all good, but it will still only culminate in the Premier League trophy. To go one better than what went before he needs to win the Champions League with Man City.

I can’t dislike him like some other managers. He’s a top football man and seems to have good principles too.

I hate the man with a passion, and think he gets off far too easily for the stuff about the paramedics after Cech got injured and again during his 2nd stint at Chelsea. And the lies he told about Anders Frisk that ended with him getting death threats.

But if his presser went as reported on Sky Sports’ website then what he’s said there is actually a reasonable assessment of the Van Dijk situation.

City were starting from mediocre, United were starting from 20 years of success. It's fair to say they had a head start.

Of course City have bought success, but if Maureen's so good, why does he need to combat it with spending similar amounts? I thought it was all about ability, not spending.

The fact is, money doesn't guarantee success, but it massively swings the odds in your favour, and it seems Maureen doesn't trust his talent alone to be competitive. Why? because in truth, United spent plenty on keeping the odds firmly in their favour whilst under Fergie. Yes, they had a very successful manager, and some great players, but they still needed to splash out on top players almost every season.

As it stands, I think Pep's 'aura' is still having a positive effect on players. Quite possibly it's more than just aura, it's genuine ability too. Maureen's 'aura' has faded, and I just don't think his players have the faith in him they once had.

It'll probably happen to Guardiola one day too, but right now, he's on the up and Maureen's on the way down.

yep absolutely nothing to do with spending about £400m all about peps aura. thats fucking signature worthy.

• Upvote 1

Imagine working with the boring little fucking winnet all day every day. Would fantasize about stuffing a dozen staplers down his throat or kicking him off his chair and turning his PC monitor over onto his head.

That stuff about him squaring upto Ederson the other week was ridiculous. Paul Alcock was more credible as a physical threat when he dived because Di Canio shoved him.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

His latest excuse is that Lukaku is tired but he can't give him a rest. Fucking hell, the lazy cunt hardly moves around the pitch like a lot of players I could mention. Fuck off shitcoat, you boring excuse searching cunt. 

Why can’t he muddle his way through a game or two with £58M Martial, or boy-wonder Rashford, or Steven Segal lookalike Ibrahimovic?

He has plenty of players at his disposal to give Lukaku a rest.

Mourinho is a top narcissist. If he doesn’t like reality he bends it to his preferred view of reality. It’s Trumpian.

• Upvote 1

To be fair to him, he didn't bitch about VVD, he decided to revisit Klopp's unnecessary moral high ground over Lukaku's (of was it Pogba?) transfer. After winning the CL with Porto he always worked at the richest or thereabout club in the league, so any suggestion that his success is conditioned upon that is obviously a rather sore point for Mourinho.

yep absolutely nothing to do with spending about £400m all about peps aura. thats fucking signature worthy.

That sort of money was also spent before Gaurdiola, but it didn't result in the same style of football.

I used the term 'aura' deliberately because a fair amount of his influence MAY be placebo effect, but it still works (for the moment). 

United have spent a similar amount of money, and it's not resulted in similar football - so it's probable that Guardiola's influenced a lot of the difference.

It doesn't really matter if a manager's genuinely amazing, or 'faux' amazing. As long as the players THINK he is, the effect can still work. Once they stop believing it though...