You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Oh look, it's 3 Stacks, the FF's resident world football expert. Wikipedia is wonderful, isn't it? I wouldn't mind betting that my ma knows more about footy than you!

Does your ma consider herself to be a student on the game?

Sorry, a student OF the game.

• Upvote 1

Oh, look, it's 3 Stacks, the FF's resident world football expert. Wikipedia is wonderful, isn't it? I wouldn't mind betting that my ma knows more about footy than you!

Oh no! Looks like Tony Moanero, TLW's resident buffoon has a healthy dislike for me! What will I do?!

One of today’s rags claim Sterling is worried he may not make the England squad for the Euro’s and is not rated by Cities incoming manager.

Sterling felt Cities two-touch style did not play to his strengths last season and would be open to a move.

Can’t see anyone paying £50M for him but I’m sure he would enjoy Klopp’s style of play.

Offer £30m and £150K a week and we could be in with a shout. He wouldn’t sell many shirts but we would know what we’re getting and we certainly missed his pace.

Should we welcome back a prodigal son, or enjoy his discomfort and hope it gets worse?

That did run through my mind this morning. I think he burnt too many bridges though

I want to break free of 6th-8th and get back in the CL. Klopp will take us there. When Gotze apparently said no I thought here we go, another one bites the dust. We could have done with a fat bottomed girl like him in the front four. But it's OK, someone else will just have to stake their claim to go down in Anfield folklore. The challenge is obvious, who wants to live forever?

We have all seen Klopp hugging Lallana, and it looks like he's saying, 'You're my best friend,' but I wouldn't be so sure. We need a winger with pace, someone who will beat a man on the outside, hurtling towards the byline - don't stop me now. Ideally they will have a good cross on them too, as Origi is getting good in the air.

We sometimes complain as Liverpool fans, as though it's a hard life, but it could be worse, we could be from across the park. But we're not. We're reds. We have this crazy little thing called love going on. It's been there for ever, and Klopp has reignited a spark. Its a kind of magic really.

We have a friendly against Barcelona coming up. That's the level we aspire to. They are better than us at the moment, but I see no reason why we can't look at Enrique's men and say we will rock you. Klopp has a thing for heavy metal football, after all.

* That's eleven. A full team of Queen songs.

Boom.

• Upvote 9

One of today’s rags claim Sterling is worried he may not make the England squad for the Euro’s and is not rated by Cities incoming manager.

Sterling felt Cities two-touch style did not play to his strengths last season and would be open to a move.

Can’t see anyone paying £50M for him but I’m sure he would enjoy Klopp’s style of play.

Offer £30m and £150K a week and we could be in with a shout. He wouldn’t sell many shirts but we would know what we’re getting and we certainly missed his pace.

Should we welcome back a prodigal son, or enjoy his discomfort and hope it gets worse?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see 

Nothing really matters, nothing but england matters, to Raheeeeeeeeee

Any way the wages go.....

• Upvote 1

I've never seen anyone who works for LFC disrespect the club the way Sterling did, releasing stories at a crucial time of the season and laughing in fans faces when they were upset about what he was doing.Hes been quiet on Twitter this year and one of the only tweets he made was to praise Ighalo after our horror show against Watford.

City won't sell him as they need English players but if he was available and we signed him I'd be disgusted, it's bad enough fans are still up Suarezs arse and that Owen is an ambassador.

City won't sell him as they need English players but if he was available and we signed him I'd be disgusted, it's bad enough fans are still up Suarezs arse and that Owen is an ambassador.

Imagine a dopey cunt up Rodgers' arse though.  A man who makes Hodgson look like a tactical genius.

Imagine a dopey cunt up Rodgers' arse though. A man who makes Hodgson look like a tactical genius.

Crazy isn't it, I like a man who got us closest to the ultimate goal playing some of the best football in Europe, he's also never said a bad word against the club when others in his position would have.

Why I don't love a man who tried to leave the club three years in a row and showed no respect I don't know, he may have set the club back years leaving when he did but atleast he's scoring at Barca and now says he likes LFC after forcing a move.

• Upvote 2

The Sterling stuff is an interesting side note. He was a good player with us who lost his way towards the end as he wanted too much. Ironically his pace could have been devastating in the pressing, fast transitional style of play Klopp wants us to develop here.

His career may be dented before it even gets fully off the ground. Will he find his way to the top? It's hard to say. Bit part player at City or may need to take a step back to a lesser club to play more and find his way again. But he won't do that on the money he's on.

If they're paying an inflated fee how are they ripping off the club over the fee ? Colour me dim like.

As research has revealed, football is the biggest money laundry in Europe. There are various characters and ways.

One is example is this, X Club's chairman buys a 50m player from Club Y. He takes out of X clubs books 50M and pays 30M to Y Club and 20m in his own pocket. Y club's owner adds 50M in Y club's accounts, 30M from X Club and 20M from his dirty business, money that need to be "Legalised".

Alternatively X Club's owner agrees a 50m total fee for a 45m player and charges 5m for agent fees. He never publishes the name of the intermediary, usually one of his family's members. The old drunk did something similar with Veron's transfer.

Guess which clubs are consistently top in agent fees in the Premier League.

As research has revealed, football is the biggest money laundry in Europe. There are various characters and ways.

One is example is this, X Club's chairman buys a 50m player from Club Y. He takes out of X clubs books 50M and pays 30M to Y Club and 20m in his own pocket. Y club's owner adds 50M in Y club's accounts, 30M from X Club and 20M from his dirty business, money that need to be "Legalised".

Alternatively X Club's owner agrees a 50m total fee for a 45m player and charges 5m for agent fees. He never publishes the name of the intermediary, usually one of his family's members. The old drunk did something similar with Veron's transfer.

Guess which clubs are consistently top in agent fees in the Premier League.

Yes I understand money laundering but doubt very much this is at hand here. I also know the clubs at the top of agents fees. Maybe between Russian friends and for Sir Alex Whisky distillery fund yes, and I have no doubt dealings happen under the table with agents.

We're a great club, we all know that, but I don't know how young foreign footballers are going to know that.

Goetze was twelve when we last won a major title. Maybe alot of them look at us and think 6th, 7th, 8th and see owners with little ambition of improving on it.

Of course that's what they think, because it's what we've become. It's no longer a blip that we're a midtable team, we've been one for years aside from the blip finishing 2nd. While we keep buying no marks, we'll stay there too.

I wouldn't worry about signing Mane, if United and Spurs are interested he won't choose us. United are a destination club and Spurs are a better stepping stone thsn us.

I'd rather Klopp raided his dossier of Wunderkids from Germany for half the price than strengthen our competitors coffers.

• Upvote 2

Anyways, I don't think Mane is really a serious target of ours. Almost every article reporting our interest in him also says that we are not willing to wait around for Gotze and that Mane is our alternative. It reeks of the club trying to put pressure on Gotze by claiming we are moving on to other players.

Imo, we are still desperate to sign Gotze and Mane is just a very last resort. Gotze doesn't seem at all interested in joining us though, so we'll see.

Am i the only one that thinks Mane is rubbish? I don't see anything positive in this mooted deal at all. At least when we signed Lallana he was excellent the season before. Mane is just so-so.

They sold Clyne and bought the best performing right back in the premier league this season in Soares, they sold Lovren and replaced him with a better defender in Van Dijk, they sold Lallana and replaced him with Mane. The question is why should we be strengthening them to finish above us again?

Also every player we buy from a mid table premier league club (or below) you may as well just half their output instantaneously. Lallana provided around 10 goals and 10 assists and now he provides 5 goals and 5 assists a season, Lambert guaranteed 15 goals a season and he guaranteed 2 goals here.

Mignolet had one of the highest save percentages in the league for Sunderland, now he's got the worst save percentage in the league with us. Lovren was a rock in defence for Southampton and he had the most defensive errors in the league in his first season with us. Benteke, Downing, Carroll, Adam etc etc etc

For the love of god stay away from premier league signings for a while, step away from the rake and draw some breath...

2rrFBbH.gif

• Upvote 10

Am i the only one that thinks Mane is rubbish? I don't see anything positive in this mooted deal at all. At least when we signed Lallana he was excellent the season before. Mane is just so-so.

They sold Clyne and bought the best performing right back in the premier league this season in Soares, they sold Lovren and replaced him with a better defender in Van Dijk, they sold Lallana and replaced him with Mane. The question is why should we be strengthening them to finish above us again?

Also every player we buy from a mid table premier league club (or below) you may as well just half their output instantaneously. Lallana provided around 10 goals and 10 assists and now he provides 5 goals and 5 assists a season, Lambert guaranteed 15 goals a season and he guaranteed 2 goals here.

Mignolet had one of the highest save percentages in the league for Sunderland, now he's got the worst save percentage in the league with us. Lovren was a rock in defence for Southampton and he had the most defensive errors in the league in his first season with us. Benteke, Downing, Carroll, Adam etc etc etc

For the love of god stay away from premier league signings for a while, step away from the rake and draw some breath...

2rrFBbH.gif

Mane is exactly what we need: a dynamic winger who can finish. He's had two double-digit goal seasons in the Premier League, he has a good work-rate and has already played and performed at a high level in a high-pressing side (at Schmidt's Salzburg).

Like I said above, I don't think he is serious target, but the only thing wrong with the potential transfer would be the price-tag. He's no Carroll, Benteke or Downing because those players didn't in any way fit our team and they never had the attributes to help us. Mane is different and to be honest, he's probably one of the most talented players in the history of Southampton. Lallana was a career championship player who we bought after one good season in the Premier League. Lambert and Lovren the same thing. They were one season wonders. Mane on the other hand is only 24 and has already had a run of 4 season where he has consistently scored goals from the wing. He isn't in any way similar to those other players we bought from them.

It's about £20m difference in value and our money will never help Schalke or BMG finish above us in the league.

But is the output significantly different or are you guaranteed more success from buying abroad, seems a big jump to make to say that if you buy from the UK it does X to a player so we should exclusively do Y.