You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thanks Brendan

The Maca

Good guy and a good manager. He'll do well wherever he goes next.

I hope he does but I hope he will need to learn a bit quicker than he did here and know when to call time. I'm sure he could have cut a deal to go at the end of last season and made a much more dignified exit. 

Thanks Brendan and good luck wherever you go next (Sunderland open, Villa probably will be soon). He played a big part in a great season where we went a close second. I never liked the personal stuff, but I suppose it's human nature when things aren't going well to start to nit pick at everything.

I am feeling sad, relieved and hopeful. Sad because it didn't work out. Relieved because a necessary decision was taken. Hopeful because we need a new man to spark it to life.

• Upvote 1

He won't have us abusing him anymore. I can only wish him good luck. He was part of giving us one really good season while he was here, moments that made me feel on top of the world. Thanks for that, Brendan. Now I hope that our club can move forward again.

He won't have us abusing him anymore. I can only wish him good luck. He was part of giving us one really good season while he was here, moments that made me feel on top of the world. Thanks for that, Brendan. Now I hope that our club can move forward again.

this

Looking at the RTG message board Sunderland fans would not be too keen on Rodgers. And they can't all be Borini with multiple accounts.

Yeah just shows how poorly Rodgers is received by fans of other premier league sides. It's probably a case of "what have you done for me lately", which seems to be the way the modern game works. Mark Hughes was widely derided when he took over at Stoke and now he's regarded quite well, same with Pardew after leaving Newcastle and his reputation is at an all time high now at Palace.

They might think Rodgers is shit but he'd keep them up relatively easy, he's a better manager than Big Sam, that much is obvious. We haven't seen the last of Rodgers, thats why i'm wary of doling out meaningless platitudes because he'll be at a premier league club soon enough and he may end up one of those ex managers that loves to stick the boot in.

• Upvote 1

"he may end up one of those ex managers that loves to stick the boot in"

He has no business doing that. He was given time and money, but we lurched from one fuck up to another. I would hope if he does put the boot in that he is called out, because he has got no fucking right.

Sorry and all that Brendan, but better people than you who actually won things - Evans, Dalglish, Houllier, Benitez got told it was time to go, and now its you. As you said yourself "its all part of the dance"

I actually would have sacked him just for that comment.

I've rarely encountered anyone throw as many fellow professionals under the bus as Brendan Rodgers. Be they players, his own signings, coaches, assistants, doctors, pitch men. It was only a matter of time before the echo was briefed on how the tea lady was giving everyone the shits.

Houllier, Benitez and especially the budgie were no shrinking violets in that department, Rodgers is no rarity.

• Upvote 1

"he may end up one of those ex managers that loves to stick the boot in"

He has no business doing that. He was given time and money, but we lurched from one fuck up to another. I would hope if he does put the boot in that he is called out, because he has got no fucking right.

Sorry and all that Brendan, but better people than you who actually won things - Evans, Dalglish, Houllier, Benitez got told it was time to go, and now its you. As you said yourself "its all part of the dance"

I actually would have sacked him just for that comment.

By beating Liverpool he would achieve that. Which would certainly be his business. 

I think the Liverpool job is the hardest in the league, which is why I was strongly opposed to appointing someone without outstanding credentials.

Having said that, Rodgers is a much better manager than I thought he was and I've come to quite like him. He was a cunt hair away from winning us the title, and Jose Mourinho was that cunt hair; I think he did good work here, but the scale of the task was just beyond him.

• Upvote 6