You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

It is only what any logical person would say isn't it....

Alright let's say he was 'in peoples faces' - ok fine....well fuck off then and don't come back and have a frigging party!

Nothing adds up does it. But it’s ok we’re sound!!!!!!

Club needs to grow a pair of collective bollocks and start acting like the big club we are marketed as being ( when it suits them )

Nothing adds up does it. But it’s ok we’re sound!!!!!!

Club needs to grow a pair of collective bollocks and start acting like the big club we are marketed as being ( when it suits them )

It is interesting because selling a toxic influence on the team and around the place is something I actually agree with regardless of how good someone is - but Lallana and Moreno and maybe more fawning over him as he grants them the pleasure of returning to bid them farewell and posing for pics/posting them on social media with gushing comments over him is not what you would expect to see after.

It isn't the behaviour of big time players or a big club or what a player who was 'in their faces' 'refusing to play' etc should be seeing.

It is interesting because selling a toxic influence on the team and around the place is something I actually agree with regardless of how good someone is - but Lallana and Moreno and maybe more fawning over him as he grants them the pleasure of returning to bid them farewell and posing for pics/posting them on social media with gushing comments over him is not what you would expect to see after.

It isn't the behaviour of big time players or a big club or what a player who was 'in their faces' 'refusing to play' etc should be seeing.

We have had some really strong willed managers and players in the past who wouldn’t have rolled out the red carpet like this.

Shankly wouldn’t even speak to you if you were injured

Something does not add up? Yeah fans reluctance to accept Coutinho was in his managers and teammates faces every days saying he wanted to be elsewhere and not willing to play in the rest of the year. Sure it is a World Cup year. That is exactly why he forced the move through this time.

Taggart took it up the arse when plastic tits wanted to leave. Coutinho should have stayed if no replacement was available. He would have still delivered.

So if he was 'in their faces' why are we throwing him a party?

As for World Cup year - he was our asset and if he had a good world cup would probably command an even bigger fee after it....

Last I heard Coutinho was coming back to say goodbye and not us throwing any party for him. But do not let that get in the way of your facts. I am pretty sure some of his teammates like Albi and Bobby would be at the fore front of any thrown party as you put it for him. There are always divisions in dressing rooms even if they are not argumentative ones. The fact he paid or will pay about £11m of his own money tells you how desparate he was to get away but you continually ignore what is in front of your face because it never used to be like that.

You said something does not add up. I gave you a clear explanation what did not add up and why yet you keep trotting out the same tired old mantra. That is what does not add up.

Would be really interesting to know what Coutinho was doing in terms of agitating for a move because selling in Jan makes no sense for all the reasons already stated.

Look at Monaco and Lemar - their chairman has come out and nailed it "He will stay at Monaco until the end of the season 100%," Vasilyev told French radio station RMC.

"If Liverpool or Arsenal come with a big offer before the end of the market? This is not relevant

We will say no because the objectives are clear.

Without important players like Lemar, we will not succeed"

I think most of us agree that clubs looking to achieve things in a season don't sell their best players halfway through it and not look to strengthen the hole left.

So maybe it was really toxic seems to be the shout - well if that was the case why are we welcoming him back with a fucking party and open arms today...instagram pics etc?

Does not add up - surely you wouldn't do that if it had become toxic....so the question is why let a key player go now with so much on the line?

As we can see with Monaco - it isn't what clubs with ambitions do....or as Arsenal have done/are doing you get quality in.

Something does not add up.

Yes, Monaco, that paragon of ambitions which never sells its players.

• Upvote 1

Last I heard Coutinho was coming back to say goodbye and not us throwing any party for him. But do not let that get in the way of your facts. I am pretty sure some of his teammates like Albi and Bobby would be at the fore front of any thrown party as you put it for him. There are always divisions in dressing rooms even if they are not argumentative ones. The fact he paid or will pay about £11m of his own money tells you how desparate he was to get away but you continually ignore what is in front of your face because it never used to be like that.

You said something does not add up. I gave you a clear explanation what did not add up and why yet you keep trotting out the same tired old mantra. That is what does not add up.

"Albi" fucking hell....

I have already accepted that your stance about him leaving may be correct and actually agreed that if it is and it was so bad and indeed the case he was toxic then we should have sold....if you stopped just looking for a ruck you'd actually see that - however it does not sit right in my book that being the case and then the doors thrown open and all the rest for him to come back and say ta-ra...

Fuck him then, keep him away from the club and the players especially the day before a big game...having them on social media hanging onto his arm like starstruck fans is fucking embarrassing.

But I dare say you'll disgaree with that.

We'll see what follows after the game tonight as well as it seems there is some kind of social event planned....

As we can see with Monaco - it isn't what clubs with ambitions do....or as Arsenal have done/are doing you get quality in.

Something does not add up.

As SaSaS noted above, what we have done this window is EXACTLY what Monaco have done over and over.

And as for Arsenal "strengthening," have they really strengthened that much? They've lost Sanchez, easily their best player. They've replaced him with Aubameyang, who is roughly as good.

Then they lost/are losing squad players Walcott and Giroud and replaced them with Mkhitaryan, who is good. Is he going to be a huge improvement over those two? We'll see.

I think Arsenal still finish comfortably outside the top 4, though the minor short-term upgrade may see them finish 5th instead of 6th now. And now they have two huge long-term deals on aging attackers. In the long-term the opportunity cost of paying Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang a half-million a week after their pace goes at age 30 is going to really bite them.

To be honest, I'm kind of happy with what Arsenal are doing. Maybe a smallish short-term boost, likely not enough to really amount to a significant improvement - all at the cost of crippling their team long-term.

And as for Arsenal "strengthening," have they really strengthened that much? .

Agree that it is unclear if Arsenal have been weakened or strengthened during this window. It would be clear though if they had sold Sanchez without replacing him.

Why do people still push the myth that 30 is the end for players with pace. 

We see more and more players playing comfortably into their mid 30s these days.

Aubameyang easily has 4 years in him if he does not get injured

I've wanted us to sign Aduriz for about 10 years. He's 36 now, and I reckon he'd still be a great option off the bench.

As SaSaS noted above, what we have done this window is EXACTLY what Monaco have done over and over.

And as for Arsenal "strengthening," have they really strengthened that much? They've lost Sanchez, easily their best player. They've replaced him with Aubameyang, who is roughly as good.

Then they lost/are losing squad players Walcott and Giroud and replaced them with Mkhitaryan, who is good. Is he going to be a huge improvement over those two? We'll see.

I think Arsenal still finish comfortably outside the top 4, though the minor short-term upgrade may see them finish 5th instead of 6th now. And now they have two huge long-term deals on aging attackers. In the long-term the opportunity cost of paying Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang a half-million a week after their pace goes at age 30 is going to really bite them.

To be honest, I'm kind of happy with what Arsenal are doing. Maybe a smallish short-term boost, likely not enough to really amount to a significant improvement - all at the cost of crippling their team long-term.

Time will tell won't it....Our gamble may well pay off and it will be hands in the air from me for example if it does.

It just does not feel right at the moment though - but time will tell.

I think Arsenal are at least making the right noises about trying to make sure they do something to change the flow - twisting if you like rather than sticking...Different opinions about which is the right approach, which is what the game and here is all about

I've said it before Klopp has massive balls and if he pulls it off here and is proven right then he deserves all the credit in the world....the fear is we go into this summer needing quite a lot of strengthening and do so with no CL footy to offer players because we weakened our squads attacking options in Jan.

Dont let the window come into it. 

No one else does

There isn't shit to say until the summer window opens, because we just get to agonize down the stretch, and hope against hope that we get no more injuries. 

Of course, if some new info or something happens between windows... sure, there is discussion to be had, but otherwise, it's all been vocalized.