You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Guest Super Sub

In all seriousness I don't think Benteke will come to Liverpool. The reason being that he could fall flat on his face here but at Villa he can't lose. He could quite easily get villa to give him a bigger contract so financially he won't be too better off here will he. Isn't one of the reasons we are after him is because he won't want wages that are 100k plus. Not just that but he has probably been looking at LFC forums and has probably noticed he isn't going to be loved unless he sets the world on fire which lets face it is never going to happen.

I am going to nail my colours to the mast and say that Lacazzette will be here next season not Benteke.

• Upvote 1

Hope y'all two are right, I'd much prefer Lacazette to Benteke. Didn't Lyon's owner/chairman come out and say he wouldn't come because no CL though?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

We could offer Lacazette a tripling in wages, he would be straight into the team and if he played well we could be in the CL next year and good chance of winning stuff.  If he played well and we didn't win stuff he knows we would then sell him on to one of Barca or what have you.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

We could offer Lacazette a tripling in wages, he would be straight into the team and if he played well we could be in the CL next year and good chance of winning stuff.  If he played well and we didn't win stuff he knows we would then sell him on to one of Barca or what have you.

Fair enough. Players bitching about CL football has always annoyed me anyway, it's like they can't see the irony that if they and their teammates performed better they'd be in the damn competition. Hope it works out either way, wanted him here last summer.

In all seriousness I don't think Benteke will come to Liverpool. The reason being that he could fall flat on his face here but at Villa he can't lose. He could quite easily get villa to give him a bigger contract so financially he won't be too better off here will he. Isn't one of the reasons we are after him is because he won't want wages that are 100k plus. Not just that but he has probably been looking at LFC forums and has probably noticed he isn't going to be loved unless he sets the world on fire which lets face it is never going to happen.

I am going to nail my colours to the mast and say that Lacazzette will be here next season not Benteke.

I think it's all posturing and a deal will get sorted.
  • Upvote 1

Lacazette is far too slow. He lacks movement and is far too one dimensional. And that's in a shite league. No thanks.

I imagine this thread is a neat summation of how our transfer committee operates:

A: What about Player X?

B: Like him.

C: Yeah.

D: He's shit.

B: Okay, Player Y then?

A: Not bad, will do a job

D: He's a proven goal scorer.

C: Slow, shite league. Next.

D: I like Player Z.

B: Me too.

C: He has potential.

A: He only has a 2.3% cross conversion from the right on Saturdays...are you guys off your fucking heads?

Let's be honest the club wants him, the player wants to come here, we are just waiting on a big sale before it gets completed.

I reckon when the club buy Benteke it will go through as one of those undisclosed to save a bit of face for both sides.

Both sides will then say a different price.

• Upvote 2

Lacazette is far too slow. He lacks movement and is far too one dimensional. And that's in a shite league. No thanks.

Don't forget that switching from Benteke to Lacazette would be symptomatic of a lack of planning that has blighted the club etc etc.

• Upvote 1

The club are pursuing option B as Villa are playing hardball on the Benteke fee.

Problem is neither option is that exciting but I guess that's where we are in the pecking order when it comes to attracting the very best strikers.and our scouting infrastructure is shit