You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

22 minutes ago, Numero said:

This thread should be binned. 

Not at all, you know you can skip 4 pages and be confident you have only missed the same 3 links posted by gnasher and refuted by angry. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not as fucked as the slaves working on Leicester but let's not worry about them.

Name one person on this site who said they aren't? I think its fucking disgusting. 

Just because people are ignoring you.... It says more about you. AoT has taken you to the cleaners anyway. As usual. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Why? Because being part of the eu benefits you? Meanwhile for those less fortunate than yourself, 

https://www.politico.eu/article/labor-trafficking-exploitation-modern-day-slavery-on-the-rise-in-europe-report/

These links you keep so generously posting, do you actually read them or do you just not understand them? I only ask because they don’t say what you seem to think they say. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

Don’t worry, your EU sanctioned slaves will be replaced by UK sanctioned slaves. Better slaves. Bigger slaves. Hardest working slaves. Cheaper slaves. 

You may have a point, I dont doubt the uk government under the Tories will impose such working conditions but that's not really my point. 

Those who seem to portray the eu as some social guardian of fairness imo need to cease being as shortsighted as the people they mock. The situation in Leicester shines a light on a consequence of free movement of peoples. It should and must be acknowledged. People are working in slavery in the uk as we speak because (in my opinion and the opinion of many others who do not contribute to this forum) of the eu free market. Its upside has been promoted and championed whilst the appalling downside has been conveniently ignored.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

People are working in slavery in the uk as we speak because (in my opinion and the opinion of many others who do not contribute to this forum) of the eu free market. 

I support the slavery in Leicester. It’s better that the life they had before. At least they’re in Britain now. At least they have jobs in this Covid world. 

On the other hand, I can’t stand these foreigners coming over here, stealing our slavery jobs. 

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

These links you keep so generously posting, do you actually read them or do you just not understand them? I only ask because they don’t say what you seem to think they say. 

Of course I read them, I dont post them to back up my opinion I post them because I think the author makes a valid and balanced view of the situation. 

This forum has approx one or two people making the alternative argument over our inclusion or not to the eu, it's not healthy, unless you're outlook only depends on this forum.

4 minutes ago, Numero said:

I support the slavery in Leicester. It’s better that the life they had before. At least they’re in Britain now. At least they have jobs in this Covid world. 

On the other hand, I can’t stand these foreigners coming over here, stealing our slavery jobs. 

Glib shit. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Glib shit.

How the fuck else am I supposed to respond to a quite bizarre opinion with zero evidence or logic, only a strange appeal to unnamed authorities? Am I meant to take it seriously, because I don’t. It’s pathetic. Thanks for clarifying that you don’t post links - mostly without context or comment al a Rico - to back up your views; they don’t. 

Gnasher (unless you have) have a read of this. 

original_400_600.jpg

It casts a seriously grim light on the lives of those looking for something better who have come to London. From the homeless Roma beggars to Polish workers with Afhgan shop owners and more inbetween. The majority still see that life as a better life than the one they had at home. I'm not saying this is going to draw a line in any argument about Brexit, far from it but its worth a read. 

I've got my copy here I'm prepared to lend you. Just PM me your address and I'll hand deliver it. 

5 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yep like flying a plane load of Romanian workers to pick fruit in the middle of a pandemic when the earth is frying due to climate change.