You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

"A shit load of the population"  you're being ridiculous again, and why should racism only bother you on these shores? I didn't realise racism had boundaries, good job for you it does because you'd hate to see what's going on with the EU imposed borders in the east of Europe.

Anyway your post is Bollocks ... a shit load of the British population do NOT want to defund the RNL, they've received  record donations, but let's not let facts get in the way of slurring the nation as racist morons; instead of reading shit on twitter and bullshit on the daily mail site look at the actual voting figures, let's start from the latest back, let's look at Nth Shropshire...a brexit voting tory seat,  how many votes the Martin Deubury candidate get? How many 'defund the RNL and kick out the forrins (as you like to call them) get?  Dont bother looking it up because I can tell you, he got under 400.. 400 out of 38,000 votes cast.. so your whole argument holds little water.

Its the easiest thing in the world to go down your mate Ricos route of calling people racist at a whim..but that's your and his problem, not ours.

One of the long term consequences of Brexit will be a rise in non European immigration from india, Asia and China. Imagine if we had gone the opposite direction e.g from a skills and points based system that was open to the whole world to a system that only allowed free entry to white European people. That would be undeniably racist but that’s what the fundamentally EU policy is, free movement for predominantly white European people and onerous restrictions on everybody else irrespective of their skills. It was infinitely easier for unskilled white Latvians to come here than Indian software engineers. 

Structurally Brexit has made our immigration system blind to race compared to the racist Eu system it replaced. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

One of the long term consequences of Brexit will be a rise in non European immigration from india, Asia and China. Imagine if we had gone the opposite direction e.g from a skills and points based system that was open to the whole world to a system that only allowed free entry to white European people. That would be undeniably racist but that’s what the fundamentally EU policy is, free movement for predominantly white European people and onerous restrictions on everybody else irrespective of their skills. It was infinitely easier for unskilled white Latvians to come here than Indian software engineers. 

Structurally Brexit has made our immigration system blind to race compared to the racist Eu system it replaced. 

I always thought it unfair that an Asian doctor trying to gain entry to Britain had less chance than a Polish scaffolder. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I always thought it unfair that an Asian doctor trying to gain entry to Britain had less chance than a Polish scaffolder. 

Yes agree but that’s exactly how the system works. As I said, imagine suggesting an immigration policy that gave free movement and access to welfare to unskilled white people but onerous restrictions on highly skilled Indians. That’s the essence of the EU policy. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The owner of a turkey farm was on the news last night explaining this phenomenon. He said it’s 4 - 6 weeks work at most and all the economically active locals (the farm was in Essex) already have full time jobs so won’t give them up for 6 weeks work irrespective of the rate. Obvious really. 

Exactly what I've said previously. Many of these jobs are where there's high employment or locations that aren't conducive  for people to temporarily move to. I'm just surprised Gnasher hasn't replied saying you know fuck all and posted some more links that he hasn't read.

8 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Exactly what I've said previously. Many of these jobs are where there's high employment or locations that aren't conducive  for people to temporarily move to. I'm just surprised Gnasher hasn't replied saying you know fuck all and posted some more links that he hasn't read.

I'm sure he'll follow him round the board calling him a Venky brothers shrill for the next decade though.

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Well I do agree with Gnasher that Brexit has at least in the short to medium term changed the balance of power between the working class and employers but seasonal workers are an isolated example so not evidence of a trend. Whether brexit is a good thing for the whole economy is a different question and I don’t think we will know until 2030 at the earliest. I do think it’s ironic that people who voted for Brexit because of their fears of immigration have led to the creation of a points based system that will lead to more non European Immigration in the long term. I don’t think this consequence was fully explained at the time. 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

So you can't tell me why people won't work for £19/hr. Good to know.

The Liverpool way hurtles with increasing speed down the right wing track..the demonisation of the working class continues on here without so much as a raised eyebrow.

I think Cloggypops gave you a hint when you ridiculously claimed these poultry farms were paying 40 odd grand a year, ie short term work, possibly awful unsociable working conditions etc...

Every decade a different set of impoverished peoples get blamed for their fate, I remember it used to be 'lazy blacks' that was after 'the fucking Asians'  and before the ' single mothers sponging off the state' and off course the 'chavs who spend all day watching television with the blinds closed" ... one group in this country thats avoided ridicule is the top ten per cent wealthy bone idle parasites. and they're the cunts who legitimately deserve it.

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The owner of a turkey farm was on the news last night explaining this phenomenon. He said it’s 4 - 6 weeks work at most and all the economically active locals (the farm was in Essex) already have full time jobs so won’t give them up for 6 weeks work irrespective of the rate. Obvious really. 

You'd think so, but on here the jury has decided the working class are just lazy cunts.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The Liverpool way hurtles with increasing speed down the right wing track..the demonisation of the working class continues on here without so much as a raised eyebrow.

I think Cloggypops gave you a hint when you ridiculously claimed these poultry farms were paying 40 odd grand a year, ie short term work, possibly awful unsociable working conditions etc...

Every decade a different set of impoverished peoples get blamed for their fate, I remember it used to be 'lazy blacks' that was after 'the fucking Asians'  and before the ' single mothers sponging off the state' and off course the 'chavs who spend all day watching television with the blinds closed" ... one group in this country thats avoided ridicule is the top ten per cent wealthy bone idle parasites. and they're the cunts who legitimately deserve it.

Boring.

You refuse to acknowledge what people were saying way back when about the complexities of these industries. Throwing around simplistic "pay them more" argument doesn't work does it because if it did you wouldn't need immigrants to save the good ol' Christmas dinner.

22 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Except that'd not really what you said in your opening post on the subject is it?  You asked why people couldn't work for 40odd grand a year, you then implied they didn't want the work because they couldn't be bothered, you made no excuses over location or gave any logical reason why these posts remained unfilled bar to bring up some surreal story about your hardworking grandparents to imply a certain demograph of this generation are nothing but a bunch of lazy cunts.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Except that'd not really what you said in your opening post on the subject is it?  You asked why people couldn't work for 40odd grand a year, you then implied they didn't want the work because they couldn't be bothered, you made no excuses over location or gave any logical reason why these posts remained unfilled bar to bring up some surreal story about your hardworking grandparents to imply a certain demograph of this generation are nothing but a bunch of lazy cunts.

You don't understand general mocking and irony do you. 

22 hours ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/20/polish-workers-uk-christmas-turkeys-brexit-covid

£2500 per month to prep turkeys. That's £42,000 per year. And still it takes a foreign workforce to put Christmas dinner on people's tables.

All these Brexiteers are taking the fucking piss if they aren't willing to take up these manual  jobs for the equivalent of £42k, £10k higher than the average wage. Lazy fucking cunts.

But you forgot to mention the geographical problems, must have slipped your mind.

Its sadly telling your god awful fucking post above resulted in only two posters voicing condemnation and raising issue with the utter bullshit you tried to pass as truth.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

But you forgot to mention the geographical problems, must have slipped your mind.

Its sadly telling your god awful fucking post above resulted in only two posters voicing condemnation and raising issue with the utter bullshit you tried to pass as truth.

No, I've mentioned geographical issues previously but you refused to understand that. So now I just ask why Brexiteers turn down £19/hr work when for years you've been saying it's just about pay. I'm keeping the mockery simple.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's easily done.

As I've said all along, not everyone who supports Brexit is racist, but every racist supports Brexit.

Yeah OK I take your and Stigs point but I think the racist element is overplayed, especially when you look at by-election results. The Laurance Fox candidate threw a lot of money into that by-election and even with the Tory vote going awol the rent a gob still didn't get over 400 votes out of 38,000.. If you think Britain has issues with race/immigration then wait till you see the upcoming French elections, including one Michel Barnier, it'll make your eyes water.

Interesting we in the midst of record vacancies and we discussing struggling to fill fairly well paid jobs, when plenty thought the country would go to hell in a handcart after we left the EU, including the then Chancellor George Osborne, who's voice had a lot more clout than a bullshit message on a bus, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564

Wages will fall; wrong,   house prices will fall, wrong;    unemployment will rise; wrong. 

On 21/12/2021 at 17:09, Gnasher said:

If we're going to turn a blind eye to people punching down on people less fortunate than ourselves can I nominate the homeless for a festive kicking? Taking up valuable pavement space when people are trying to Christmas shop, 

I have to check with you, you do realise this is satire ?