You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wedding Anniversary

Mook

It's my first one on the 15th June also. I've bought her a Michael Kors bracelet (£90) which goes with the Michael Kors watch I got her for last Xmas, the Michael Kors necklace I got her when we found out she was pregnant & the Michael Kors bag I gave her as her Wedding gift.

We're also going to where we got married for lunch. I'll also get her a card.

Sex will be difficlt as she'll be 38 weeks pregnant at the time but I'll give it a go.

Is she wanting anything else from the Kors range? 

Keep your eye on that mate; if she's on heat every summer and winter collection, I'd probably just go with the petrol station flowers idea. 

Rico has it in order. 

Guest Pistonbroke

My first one is coming up and I was wondering what sort of things people do to celebrate other than commiting suicide or having sex with someone else?

I was thinking a nice meal and a card would do the trick but I've had a couple of not so subtle hints ("It's our anniversary this month you horrible cunt." etc) & don't want to make an arse of it...

Take her to the first restaurant you ate at, birds love that sort of shite. If you have a lot of spare cash then book a weekend trip and leave your mobile etc at home. 

Well fine don't take my advice.More seriously 1st wedding anniversary is paper right? Do the meal etc but You could make something too? It shows effort which is brownie points.I did the following a few years ago and I haven't been able to top it. I think I mentioned it before.I got a 7" vinyl and some card and listed 12 songs that remind me of her. Not all soppy ones some random stuff. For comedy effect the vinyl was "the lady is a tramp by Sinatra". She loved it. Framed it and gave it to her on her birthday.I've also drawn a really shit comic on a price of paper on a train journey home about me being bored at work and rushing to get home to her it's terrible like but again I framed it and gave it to her.I realise this makes me sound like a soft cunt and I am. But these two mean more to her than anything else I have given her.Brownie points.

Sounds to me like you actually quite like her?

Nice to see a marriage still going strong even if only 1 year on.

Last night, I was lying in bed with the wife, reading a book, when I lowered my hand under the sheets and started to touch her intimately.... she turned and smiled at me and whispered 'you still fancy me after all these years then?... and has that book got you horny?...

I just looked over the book at her and replied 'no love, just wetting my finger to turn the page'

• Upvote 3

My first one is coming up and I was wondering what sort of things people do to celebrate other than commiting suicide or having sex with someone else?

I was thinking a nice meal and a card would do the trick but I've had a couple of not so subtle hints ("It's our anniversary this month you horrible cunt." etc) & don't want to make an arse of it...

I had mine recently. I thought of all kinds of fancy things we could do in terms of weekends away, but in the end we just had a day savouring each other's company, put our wedding gear on and went out for a nice meal. Couldn't have asked for anything more. So, my advice would just be to enjoy each other.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

What do you lads reckon for a 20th, poison, a bullet or a good old bread knife? (I actually love her and we get on fine) 

What do you lads reckon for a 20th, poison, a bullet or a good old bread knife? (I actually love her and we get on fine) 

Tell her to go on and stamp her papers and that to tell her the truth, you don't give a shit.  Might save yourself another 20.

Modular jewellery is ace and easy. Buy her the basic Pandora and tell her you want to build a special bracelet together over the years with things that represent your life together. Or Thomas Szabo Karma Beads are quite good because they have a meaning - I bought you the Arabesque and the Starfish because they symbolise the freedom to be creative that I see in you.

Also dead handy if you're stuck for ideas or don't get the chance to buy a present while travelling - just get another charm or bead from the airport shop

We had our wedding reception at a hotel in the Cotswolds, we had a lovely little cottage in the grounds so I satyed there the night before the wedding and then the wedding night. For our anniversary I booked the cottage again, but the missus was pregnant by then and shattered all the time.

So far I've had 3 nights in that cottage, paid over a grand for the pleasure and not had a shag. Don't go there.

We had our wedding reception at a hotel in the Cotswolds, we had a lovely little cottage in the grounds so I satyed there the night before the wedding and then the wedding night. For our anniversary I booked the cottage again, but the missus was pregnant by then and shattered all the time.

So far I've had 3 nights in that cottage, paid over a grand for the pleasure and not had a shag. Don't go there.

You do realise it's grounds for divorce if she doesn't put out on your wedding night?

Jesus, it is our 20th wedding anniversary this October, maybe the parole board will show me mercy.

You have no idea, G! It's 30 for us!!!

*audience breaks out into spontaneous applause*

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

You have no idea, G! It's 30 for us!!!

*audience breaks out into spontaneous applause*

30!!! they don't make em like us any more. I was 31 when we got married, if we had married earlier in our romance we'd be up near 28. 

My longest relationship has been 1 year.

Yes, I'm a bit of a cunt, but more than that, I have zero fucking patience for bullshit. As soon as they start telling me what to do, nagging, controlling, I'm out of there. I realise that describes 97.34% of women so unless I hit the jackpot and find a sound one ill just be happy being single.

Fair play to you all, 20+ years is a serious achievement, or great luck finding someone you stay with that long, or a mixture of both? Whatever way you look at it, well done.

Guest Pistonbroke

My longest relationship has been 1 year.

Yes, I'm a bit of a cunt, but more than that, I have zero fucking patience for bullshit. As soon as they start telling me what to do, nagging, controlling, I'm out of there. I realise that describes 97.34% of women so unless I hit the jackpot and find a sound one ill just be happy being single.

Fair play to you all, 20+ years is a serious achievement, or great luck finding someone you stay with that long, or a mixture of both? Whatever way you look at it, well done.

I landed a good one who just lets me get on with what I want to do, obviously I don't take the piss too much. The secret of a lengthy relationship is to have 2 front rooms.