You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

We did enough to win, had we not been so shit at defending and had the team been setup a bit better, specifically in midfield. 

We can definitely take some positives from the game, but it doesn't make anything better. We could be heading into the new year miles off a top 4 spot soon. It's fucking seriously fucking shit. 

Its a bit unfair to be critical of sterling's finishing (although his agent or himself thing 70k a week isnt anywhere near enough) but he had 3 really good chances to score and fluffed each of them.

Its a bit unfair to be critical of sterling's finishing (although his agent or himself thing 70k a week isnt anywhere near enough) but he had 3 really good chances to score and fluffed each of them.

Striking the ball a bit harder and with more conviction would help, he shoots so weakly so much of the time. It's a serious flaw in his technique

• Upvote 1

So, back to the topic at hand - if Rodgers is sacked, what then?

I think at this point he's lost the plot.  He's clearly a capable manager who can, in the right circumstances, get results out of a team that are better than the players he has.  However, his weaknesses in recruitment and inability to send out a teamsheet that makes any sense at all mean that he really should be paired with a DoF or someone with the power to tell him when he's out of line.  He's too egotistical to accept that (though he may in a few years, just not now) so I think he'll be gone in the summer if not sooner.

The question to me is, what do we do then?  I don't think we're going to have a chance at Klopp or Simeone, do we go for De Boer from Ajax?  And, as I assume this time FSG are going to insist on a director of football, who would that be?  Monchi from Sevilla has been rumoured, any chance of that coming true?

I really think we need to have all of this sorted before sacking Rodgers.  We're going to be in real trouble if we sack him, show up with hat in hand to De Boer/Klopp/Simeone and get polite refusals from all of them (which is a real possibility).  The drop from that trio could be precipitous and lead to us taking another huge risk on an unproven manager (Martinez?).

Smells of Houllier/Benitez type delusion.

A point came for both of these when i no longer believed in what they were saying.

Unfortunately i think Brendan has reached this point which is very disappointing. I honestly believe he has no clue how to fix this. None of the weaknesses in the team were addressed properly and the ones he did look at have only ended up weakening the team.

He's fucked.

So, back to the topic at hand - if Rodgers is sacked, what then?

I think at this point he's lost the plot.  He's clearly a capable manager who can, in the right circumstances, get results out of a team that are better than the players he has.  However, his weaknesses in recruitment and inability to send out a teamsheet that makes any sense at all mean that he really should be paired with a DoF or someone with the power to tell him when he's out of line.  He's too egotistical to accept that (though he may in a few years, just not now) so I think he'll be gone in the summer if not sooner.

The question to me is, what do we do then?  I don't think we're going to have a chance at Klopp or Simeone, do we go for De Boer from Ajax?  And, as I assume this time FSG are going to insist on a director of football, who would that be?  Monchi from Sevilla has been rumoured, any chance of that coming true?

I really think we need to have all of this sorted before sacking Rodgers.  We're going to be in real trouble if we sack him, show up with hat in hand to De Boer/Klopp/Simeone and get polite refusals from all of them (which is a real possibility).  The drop from that trio could be precipitous and lead to us taking another huge risk on an unproven manager (Martinez?).

De Boer will do.

We did enough to win, had we not been so shit at defending and had the team been setup a bit better, specifically in midfield.

We can definitely take some positives from the game, but it doesn't make anything better. We could be heading into the new year miles off a top 4 spot soon. It's fucking seriously fucking shit.

I tried to take positives from only losing to one goal against Madrid but taking positives from losses is starting to become a bit of a habit now, expectations haven't just been lowered they've been sent to live in Josef Fritzel's basement.

I can't bring myself to get angry at Rodgers though, he's just out of his depth. It's FSG's fault really. If you give a Wetherspoon's manager the job of running a restaurant at the Savoy, don't blame him when you get soup spoons with your raspberry roulade.

• Upvote 9

The nasty Journalists did not let Rodgers to finish his sentence.

What he really meant to say is.

"we've done enough to win, but we've been useless fuckers as a club, sold the best striker in the world and replaced him with a sack of shit and a half, so although we've created chances we could not finish them and I am just way too incompetent to show to my team how to defend and avoid conceding shite goals. I was also wrong to buy Mignolet and Ian Ayre is a fucking idiot so desperate to stay on as a CEO and he will never fire me and hire someone better because a better manager might demand take some authorities off of him and might actually start challenging him."

I swerved this game, however ended up having to be somewhere that was showing it and caught the game from 80mins onwards.

It actually made me feel better. Yes we were 3 down but we were creating chances. I think a new manager, with maybe just 1 signing, could get this lot playing.

They are lacking confidence and leadership, its not a rebuild.

Rodgers has to go- his decisions at the moment, plus the amount of players who must have their hump with him, all point that way.

Bournemouth will see to it

I think 2 more bad results and he's gone. Bournemouth turn us over and we've arse at home lookin for revenge. We're just lumbering from one load o bollix to another. Everything he's tried has failed. Dunno if players are losing faith but I now think the majority of the fans have. However,unless the club's policies change,it'll be another no mark punt for us,as long as the committee retains control. What another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into.

Guest davelfc

the majority of fans who actually to the game are firmly behind Rodgers.  or at least those in the Kemlyn are.

I go to the game and many around me in the paddock lost faith not long ago. Don't think I've heard his name sung for a few games now.