Quantcast
Rafa 2009 v Rodgers 2014 - XMF - Arguing over ex Managers Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TK421

Rafa 2009 v Rodgers 2014

Rafa 2009. The midfield and defence were better and there's too little to call between the two attacks (Suarez and Sturridge probably just edge it but Gerrard and Torres were pretty fucking lethal).

• Upvote 1

It would be a good contest. Be interesting to see if Gerrard the DM could nullify Gerrard the AM. Personally i think Gerrard the AM would prevail, if given the right service from turncoat wantaway Alonso. Kuyt's movement would cause Flanagan problems. 2-0 (Torres, Kuyt).

• Downvote 1

Kuyt's movement would cause Flanagan problems. Is that a joke? Flanagans no whippet, but he would have the iceberg in his pocket. It would be Flannos easiest game since he got into the first team.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rafa's side. As good or better in almost every area of the pitch, with more experience, and somebody tactically brilliant. I'd say Rafa's side would do to Rodger's side what Rafa's side did to Real in 2009.

Rafas 2009. Defensively would put the lid on Rodgers 2014, and would pick at the weaknesses. Torres and Gerrard on the break would destroy a central defence isolated by the width of riera and the movement of kuyt, with Alonso pulling the strings. Over a 38 game season the league success might be a different story, but that side was a master of the big game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Rodgers team would batter them.  Benitez was never great at parking a bus.  

That 0-0 at Juventus in 2005 was probably the best 0-0 I've ever seen.

• Upvote 2

Rafas 2009. Defensively would put the lid on Rodgers 2014, and would pick at the weaknesses. Torres and Gerrard on the break would destroy a central defence isolated by the width of riera and the movement of kuyt, with Alonso pulling the strings. Over a 38 game season the league success might be a different story, but that side was a master of the big game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This is probably the right answer.

If you combined the two teams we'd win everything.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is probably the right answer.

If you combined the two teams we'd win everything.

--------------Reina-------------

Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique

--------Masch-------Alonso

--------------Gerrard--------------

--Sturridge----Torres-----Suarez

Subs

Mig

Sakho

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Kuyt

Yeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

• Upvote 1

--------------Reina-------------Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique--------Masch-------Alonso--------------Gerrard----------------Sturridge----Torres-----SuarezSubsMigSakhoHendoAllenCoutinhoSterlingKuytYeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

That's the 18 you'd choose?

Are you on the take?

--------------Reina-------------

Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique

--------Masch-------Alonso

--------------Gerrard--------------

--Sturridge----Torres-----Suarez

Subs

Mig

Sakho

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Kuyt

Yeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

I'd probably have Aurelio over Enrique. When fit, he was fucking shit hot. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd probably have Aurelio over Enrique. When fit, he was fucking shit hot.

Good shout. Loved Aurelio.

I'd be great to see this played over 7 or 8 games. I think overall Rafa's team would win most the games. But watching Carra and Sami learning on their feet on how to shackle Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling would be fascinating.

As others have said, a mix of both teams would finish the season played 38, won 38.

What will be interesting now will be to see if Rodgers can sort out the defence. Rafa showed he could build a defence that could beat the best, but barring one 3 month spell, he couldn't build an attack. Rodgers is the direct opposite. Our attacking play index Brendan is some of the best stuff I've seen in 30 years. But the defence is comically bad.

• Upvote 1