You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

defensively he's way better than Johnson this season, at least he closes down his runners and blocks crosses, GJ does not offer enough going forward to be that clueless in defense, he's not Dani Alves and doesn't deserve to be in the team, has been shite since February last and he hasn't been injured that long, it's just an excuse.

johnson has more clean sheets in the league than anyone else in our defence.

there is no comparison between johnson and cissokho.

do you think cissokho could play right back?

• Upvote 1

johnson has more clean sheets in the league than anyone else in our defence.

there is no comparison between johnson and cissokho.

of course there is comparsion, Cissokho looks like a solid defender next to GJ, and that's fucking hilarious considering the latter costed 17mil, has been here 5 years and offers fuck all in terms of assists and clear cut chances creation since over a year. I'd rather have a fullback who can defend (because that's his main job) than an overpaid, disinterested, overrated player who can dribble past an opponent once every 2 months and is unable of blocking a fucking cross. Cissokho is poor, offers fuck all going forward, but Johnson is just dreadful, we need to play the lesser shite, the state of our defense is a horror. We're Liverpool and Jon Flanagan and Aly Cissokho are our best fullbacks defense-wise, Jan window was a huge fuck-up. we need 3 new starting defenders and a DM to compete long-term. It's a mess and a freak show, imagine being Simon Mignolet and having to play behind Kolo fucking Toure and Skrtel the Hardman week by week. No wonder he's a nerve wreck and can't move from his fucking line, there's no confidence and trust in our defense, they're on the verge on nervous breakdown.

do you think cissokho could play right back?

no, I don't

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He cant keep fucking changing the centre halves every game just because they have a shit game. Whoever is picked will need a few games to get a feel for each other again after so long away.

If he doesnt rate agger then ok play sakho & skrtle together and stick with it

Well, to be fair, Sakho has been out, then Agger back (and you play him over Toure out of position?), then out again. It has been a mess back there. Really would like to be settled there. Enrique back, new right back, new RCB to go with Sakho next season. Would like that. Maybe a bit of a switch up in the two cup competitions next season, but Prem and CL need some consistency.

Well, to be fair, Sakho has been out, then Agger back (and you play him over Toure out of position?), then out again. It has been a mess back there. Really would like to be settled there. Enrique back, new right back, new RCB to go with Sakho next season. Would like that. Maybe a bit of a switch up in the two cup competitions next season, but Prem and CL need some consistency.

I don't see right back as a problem , but fuck me how many years do we have to wait for a decent pair of central defenders ? Everton have a far better pair than us and they cost next to fuck all , I just can't get my head around it , we dont need the best partnership the league has ever seen just above average would help us . A lot

Bit worried about this one.

Just had a quick look at Southampton's home form and they've had a pretty tricky run.  In their last 6 games they have drawn with Man City and Arsenal, but lost to Chelsea and Tottenham.  

We really need a win to keep the pressure on at the top.  

I'd probably go with the same team, but with instructions for Hendo, Sterling and Coutinho that they need to work their arses off before they start bombing forward.  If we can get the first goal we can hopefully then pick them off on the counter.  Suarez is also due after many posts and near misses.

I've been saying this every game for the past 2 months.

I think I need to just start believing and stop talking about it.

Believe. I don't think a draw tomorrow would be a disaster, depending on how other results go.

I wouldn't worry about the defence either. The way we're playing I reckon Rogders is going to start playing goalie in and out soon.

20 out of 24 points and could/should have beaten brom too

Our next three are away starting at saints and hopefully we are focused as saints play nice football but often dont take their chances in games so we have to pounce when required!

We are in this race, i want to secure 4th but we can definitely do this. Lets hope the others stay in europe as long as poss bar united who can go out asap!