You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think FSG are still doing a good job?

stringvest

It is not unreasonable for the Russians, who didn’t want to lose the player, and didn’t need the money, to insist on the price, and payment up front. Payment on the drip damages their ability to buy again.

First of all, they are Ukrainian not Russian. And if they didn't need the money, how does receiving payment in instalments damage their ability to buy again?

The problem is that January 31st is a sellers market, and we tried to treat it like a buyers market. If you want to buy one of the best players from another team, it has to be worthwhile for them to do so, and in a way that they couldn't keep him for another 4 months and still do the deal.

First of all, they are Ukrainian not Russian. And if they didn't need the money, how does receiving payment in instalments damage their ability to buy again?

I had understood that the key players in the Privat group were Russian.

Receiving payment on the drip reduces the ability of the selling club to offer cash up front for transfer targets, an advantage we have discovered is significant.

Ayre does not answer to us he answers to his boss. If his boss gives him an operating budget he can and will not exceed it. Why would he? If my boss gave me 5k to spend on something and I spent 10k I would expect to be sacked and loose my fantastic job and huge salary. Thats not happening.

Ayre does not answer to us he answers to his boss. If his boss gives him an operating budget he can and will not exceed it. Why would he? If my boss gave me 5k to spend on something and I spent 10k I would expect to be sacked and loose my fantastic job and huge salary. Thats not happening.

If your boss gave you 5k to spend, you probably wouldn't go and hang out in the 10k shop making offers for things.

• Upvote 2

If your boss gave you 5k to spend, you probably wouldn't go and hang out in the 10k shop making offers for things.

I'm pretty sure one of if not the biggest criteria used when deciding upon transfer targets is value for money and we already know about resale. I think they will quite happily spend 35 mill on a player if they can be convinced that over a given period the payer will be valued more.

Depending upon age, history etc. They have no doubt had their fingers burned by the whole Kenny Comolli carry on and have lowered the risk they are prepared to accept.

I had understood that the key players in the Privat group were Russian.

Receiving payment on the drip reduces the ability of the selling club to offer cash up front for transfer targets, an advantage we have discovered is significant.

I'm not sure staggering the payments so that the fee is paid in, say, 3 instalments, can be classed as 'drip feeding'. Sure, the selling club would want as much up front as possible, but the vast majority of deals are agreed on a staggered-payments basis. I dare say Dnipro themselves aren't paying the full amount on any incoming transfers either, regardless of the size of the fee.

It might be the version that Ayre and the club want to portray, but it could genuinely be the case that the club were coming up against a brick wall, and it was something that no amount of additional time could have resolved. When was the last time we had to dealt with somebody from that part of the world for incoming transfers? The last player I can recall us signing from eastern Europe is Skrtel from Zenit.

What I will say is that the club need to look at their procedures for negotiating transfer deals. We seem to have no problem when it comes to getting young players or lesser-known quantities, and we are OK when there are no other bidders at the table. However, the amount of time taken to complete deals seems to be something that is being overlooked, and one of the problems with that is that the selling club can get the impression we are messing them about, leading to them encouraging other bidders, dragging things out and forcing us away from the table. Too often the club is accused of lowballing or similar. It goes back to before FSG's time, but the club have been criticised many times in the past for their conduct in transfer negotiations.

A club that takes a fucking age to wrap up deals is really going to be up against it when leaving things to the last minute.

Is there a common denominator somewhere that is being overlooked?

I'm pretty sure one of if not the biggest criteria used when deciding upon transfer targets is value for money and we already know about resale. I think they will quite happily spend 35 mill on a player if they can be convinced that over a given period the payer will be valued more.

Depending upon age, history etc. They have no doubt had their fingers burned by the whole Kenny Comolli carry on and have lowered the risk they are prepared to accept.

I really liked Salah, but if they couldn't even pay £12m for their top target, who is only 21 and guaranteed to get better, then the idea of them being prepared to spend that kind of money again, is fanciful at best. Unless it's to keep us quiet after the sale of a big player like Suarez. 

Guest The Cunt

Put your hands in your pockets FSG you tight cunts

Mingebag moneyball gobshites

Spend or fuck off you amateur cunts

Fucking minge bag cunting gobshyte cunting twats

Guest The Cunt

F uck off back the usa you once a year visiting twats

S hove your 'we can compete with anyone' up your yank arse

G o fuck yourselves u incompetent cunts

• Upvote 1

I think they're doing an okay job but that's all. They are running a right ship but now and then they need to speculate to take advantage sometimes you gotta look beyond the books now and then and think beyond this years finances. One or two players this window that genuinely improve the first 11 could of been the difference between finishing in or out the top 4 and that takes us to a new level. The have took the risk we may make it anyway I wish they would of took the risk on players instead. As a club we need to sell ourselves to players that's going to be difficult when even the most hardened of fans are questioning our ambition. This club seems to have a habit of making things difficult for itself, its frustrating.

I'm still hopeful for top 4.

Guest The Cunt

Wish we could fuck off all the fraud phoney gobshite yank cunts and get a proper sugar daddy mental Russian cunt who just wants to win trophys with his new toy rather than cunts wanting to make money out of us

WE ARE A FUCKING WORLDWIDE INSTITUTION - you Yank cunts, not a money making machine

FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS

• Upvote 3

Sell us to the Taliban. They've got tons of money. The downside would be that they'd beat the shit out of you with Sticks if you sang YNWA, or anything else for that matter. Women would have to sit in the ARE. No change there then. They'd need to wear LFC burkas (thank fuck) and if we got beat at home the players would be stoned to death.

However, they'd take the opportunity to bomb forward at every opportunity, and make suicidal decisions on and off the pitch.

Sell us to the Taliban. They've got tons of money. The downside would be that they'd beat the shit out of you with Sticks if you sang YNWA, or anything else for that matter. Women would have to sit in the ARE. No change there then. They'd need to wear LFC burkas (thank fuck) and if we got beat at home the players would be stoned to death. However, they'd take the opportunity to bomb forward at every opportunity, and make suicidal decisions on and off the pitch.

They'd be no different to FSG, in it for the prophet.

• Upvote 6