You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2014

DanDanShaw

Surprised so many had it so close,i didn't score it myself

I didn't have Mayweather by a large margin but i thought he was the clear winner.Just off the top of my head i think it was maybe 3-4 round in Mayweather's favour.I though Tony Weeks was useless and never allowed it to become a fight,just kept separating them instead of giving Maidana the chance to fight inside.

How does everyone feel Mayweather would have coped 30 years ago?

He really didn't like it when it got rough and wouldn't have coped with the likes of Duran at 140lb or lower and i never had him being Sugar Ray or Tommy Hearns even before last night. I have always felt Ray Leonard could have out boxed him,out brawled him. Just as quick,bigger puncher and a tough bastard. Tommy would have been a massive struggle for him as he would have to be aggressive with a massive disadvantage of 6" in reach.

• Upvote 1

Mayweather won that fight clearly. I dont think he will fancy the re-match too much though. 

As for Khan.... I still dont think he has done enough to fight Mayweather yet but his name is the loudest out there apart from Manny. Mayweather must know that if he ducks both fights he will look like a chicken. 

Up until the weekend I would have thought Mayweather would batter him but fuck me, Khan is fast and can punch. He could do some damage and I wouldn't want to call that fight. 

Surprised so many had it so close,i didn't score it myself

I didn't have Mayweather by a large margin but i thought he was the clear winner.Just off the top of my head i think it was maybe 3-4 round in Mayweather's favour.I though Tony Weeks was useless and never allowed it to become a fight,just kept separating them instead of giving Maidana the chance to fight inside.

How does everyone feel Mayweather would have coped 30 years ago?

He really didn't like it when it got rough and wouldn't have coped with the likes of Duran at 140lb or lower and i never had him being Sugar Ray or Tommy Hearns even before last night. I have always felt Ray Leonard could have out boxed him,out brawled him. Just as quick,bigger puncher and a tough bastard. Tommy would have been a massive struggle for him as he would have to be aggressive with a massive disadvantage of 6" in reach.

Agree with this.  It's all opinion of course but I think all three of the above would have beaten him

Mayweather won that fight clearly. I dont think he will fancy the re-match too much though. 

As for Khan.... I still dont think he has done enough to fight Mayweather yet but his name is the loudest out there apart from Manny. Mayweather must know that if he ducks both fights he will look like a chicken. 

Up until the weekend I would have thought Mayweather would batter him but fuck me, Khan is fast and can punch. He could do some damage and I wouldn't want to call that fight. 

I've been thinking the same thing mate. 

I think Mayweather would take a rematch, it's easy money and it'd be a lot wider second time.  I think Floyd took his eye off the ball for the first time, because Maidana really isn't all that.

Khan would take rounds from Floyd, and Mayweather isn't really a puncher.  I think he'd probably stop Khan (same as Hatton) with a trademark left hook counter in the later rounds.  It'll be a fun fight though.

Khan is better than maidana and Maidana although he lost was not a million miles from Mayweather. 

If I had to choose i'd obviously take Floyd over Khan but it would be a cracking fight. 

If Mayweather wants to go out with the legacy he thinks he has, he needs to take Khan and Paquiao and win. (In a triple threat ladder match in a cage no holds barred) 

Surely they could have just got a Polish plumber who is already in the country to fight Eubank as he couldn't be any weaker than this pudding they have got for him here.

Tom Stalker did well earlier but he needs to increase his power still, he has a lovely style to his boxing.

Khan doesn't have the chin or punching power trouble floyd.

speed alone isn't enough.

hate Floyd as he seems a cunt but he is awesome

Mayweather doesn't punch hard. He never really has, but now he's knocking less people out. Speed is enough if you aim to win on points.

I don't hate Mayweather, I just think Old Father Time is catching up with him.

Mayweather doesn't punch hard. He never really has, but now he's knocking less people out. Speed is enough if you aim to win on points.

I don't hate Mayweather, I just think Old Father Time is catching up with him.

It will do eventually, but he was dominating Canelo not that long ago who almost everyone in the world would rate better than Kahn.  Kahn is chinny.  I find it rather impossible to think that one of the cleverest boxers of all time isn't going to be able to pick enough holes in his defence.

I think this Khan is chinny talk is bollocks. He gets rocked and badly at times but more often than not fights through it. He has been stopped twice in thirty two fights. A chinny fighter doesn't survive the Maidana fight. His style leaves him susceptible to being caught as he often gets into wars especially when caught hard. It will be interesting to see how he continues to develop with his new coach (names escapes me)

• Upvote 3

Why is Sergey Kovalev ranked number 1 by the WBO but not ranked in the top 10 by the WBA, WBC and IBF?

Because all this ranking shite and different federations is all bent as bollocks and they should fuck it off and go back to how it was when, if you beat the cunt who was world champion and therefore number one, you become world champion and therefore number one until someone comes and beats you and becomes Champion and therefore number one.

It was simple before cunts like Don King got involved and fucked it for everyone. Boxing as a whole is a pale shadow of the spectacle it used to be in my opinion.

Is Wilder a knobhead? Not seen anything of him out of the ring really.

I see Broner has been sanctioned for saying he "beat the fuck out of a Mexican!". I don't see how that is racist myself, but Broner is a massive dickhead!