You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Who ever pays him the most, I don't begrudge him. He will have given us the best years of his career and he wants to maximise earnings in his final contract.

By the end of next season he will have potentially won a couple of leagues and European cups, he's ticked them boxes, it's about money now.

It shouldn't be about money though should it.

When you are earning what these fellas are earning does it really make much difference.....it isn't like you or I getting a 25% pay rise, which would be a real difference maker....once you are on 250k a week - does 300k a week really make any odds?

I don't believe Salah or his Mrs are a typical greedy footballer and shallow WAG couple anyway and he should and will decide based on footballing reasons what he does next.

I hear people say 'oh but they can go and live in Paris'....well they can do that if they want anyway in years to come - or live anywhere else they want...I hear people say 'oh the players wives wanna shop in Paris, Milan etc'....they can afford to fly off to those places from here whenever they want and spend whatever they want.

For me the money should be irrelevant to him given the numbers involved.

3 hours ago, Lario said:

Could be about length of contract.

We're offering 3, he wants 4 or some shit.

I would have thought that was one of the obvious things.

But lets make some drama instead and portray him as greedy. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

He already has. And that doesn't really make sense as anywhere else he would go Klopp is a non factor.

Like you and everyone else we are guessing what the '' not about money '' means. I'd say mo will have very similar level years ahead of him that he's experienced so far. Under a new manager it could be very different. 

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

Like you and everyone else we are guessing what the '' not about money '' means. I'd say mo will have very similar level years ahead of him that he's experienced so far. Under a new manager it could be very different. 

I love the guy and hope he sticks around but I do not think he will ever score 32 league golas for LFC again. I do agree that he will be effective for years to come. It might be the opposite of what the club thinks but imo we would do well to get as many years locked in as we can cuz salaries will not be going down in the future. If he continues at his current levels he may find himself underpaid in year 4 for example.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I love the guy and hope he sticks around but I do not think he will ever score 32 league golas for LFC again. I do agree that he will be effective for years to come. It might be the opposite of what the club thinks but imo we would do well to get as many years locked in as we can cuz salaries will not be going down in the future. If he continues at his current levels he may find himself underpaid in year 4 for example.

You could be right. If he produces what lewandowski and benzema have when he hits 33, 34 he'll very much be underpaid. 

It wouldn't surprise me seeing him move for free as clearly the club won't yield to every demand he makes. 

I hope he stay, I hope sadio and bobby sign on for a few more years as they have lots more to offer. But what will be will be. I also think the options for mo are quite limited this window. Not unless he fancies psg which I doubt. Stick or twist for the club soon though. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If he goes we have to sell him abroad this summer. We cant let him join an oil tyrant sportwashing company in this league.

Yep. I've already accepted he's off. Just a matter of when, and to whom. We need to make sure we're not strengthening a domestic rival.

If he ends up staying it'll be an unexpected bonus.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Once you are on 250k a week - does 300k a week really make any odds?

There are thousands more who can be looked after back at home as a result.

His money can help build schools, hospitals, and look after generations of family members.

If it doesn't make any odds, no club would ever pay more than £250k a week

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

There are thousands more who can be looked after back at home as a result.

His money can help build schools, hospitals, and look after generations of family members.

If it doesn't make any odds, no club would ever pay more than £250k a week

Mane has already done that on his meagre take home.

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

You could be right. If he produces what lewandowski and benzema have when he hits 33, 34 he'll very much be underpaid. 

It wouldn't surprise me seeing him move for free as clearly the club won't yield to every demand he makes. 

I hope he stay, I hope sadio and bobby sign on for a few more years as they have lots more to offer. But what will be will be. I also think the options for mo are quite limited this window. Not unless he fancies psg which I doubt. Stick or twist for the club soon though. 

Mo has scored some amazing goals for us , but he's not the consistent finisher that these two are. I'm not saying he's not a great player, but form can be very fragile and if he finds himself in Spain or Italy then good luck finding the patience and support he's had/ will have from us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A nothing story today, IMO. 

That interview will likely have been done a few weeks / months ago, I’d certainly assume before the “He wants to stay” stories before Benfica. 

That was my first thought too.

'Er, I think so?' - Salah wants to stay at Liverpool but jokes he will leave if Reds 'want me to go'

Emma Smith
Apr 22, 2022 08:39+01:002
Mohamed_Salah_of_Egypt_and_Liverpool.jpg
Getty.

The Egyptian is about to enter the final year of his contract at Anfield but is surprised there is talk of him leaving the Premier League club Mohamed Salah says he wants to stay at Liverpool and is surprised at the speculation surrounding his future at Anfield.

Salah has been a central figure in Liverpool's success since joining the club in 2017, helping them to Premier League and Champions League titles as well as their push for a historic quadruple this season.

He only has one year left on his contract after the end of this season, however, and there has been speculation that a gap in financial demands between player and club is a sticking point.

Editors' Picks

What has Salah said about his future?

Asked by FourFourTwo about media speculation and whether he would be signing a new Liverpool contract, a surprised Salah said: "Yeah. Er, I think so?"

He then jokes: "But if they want me to go, that’s something different!"

While talks have gone on for some time over a new deal for Salah without resolution, the Egyptian insists he has not just been holding out for more money.

He said on what his future holds: "I don’t know, I have one year left. I think the fans know what I want, but in the contract it’s not everything about the money at all. So I don’t know, I can’t tell you exactly. I have one year left and the fans know what I want."

While speculation and rumours will only grow the longer Salah does not sign an extension, the 29-year-old is taking a relaxed approach to any new deal.

He said: "I’m not worried, I don’t let myself worry about something. The season didn’t finish yet, so let’s finish it in the best possible way – that’s the most important thing. Then in the last year, we’re going to see what’s going to happen."

Will Salah sign a new deal at Liverpool?

A number of top clubs have been linked with Salah, including Real Madrid and Barcelona, but the 29-year-old insisted that he would happily spend the remainder of his career at Liverpool when he discussed his future back in October 2021.

Six months later there is still no new contract, however, and Salah gave a rather cryptic answer when asked about his future at the beginning of April.

"What can I say? There are many things that people don't know about it," the forward said. "I can't be selfish and talk about my situation, we are in the most important moment for the team."