You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Egyptian manager saying not serious.

Problem is they'll inevitably throw him straight in next game, they'll qualify unless they get beat and then it's more games after that and potentially through to the final.

We know how cautious we are with injuries.

These won't give a shite and risk ruining his season. If he can walk, he'll play.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Problem is they'll inevitably throw him straight in next game, they'll qualify unless they get beat and then it's more games after that and potentially through to the final.

These won't give a shite and risk ruining his season. If he can walk, he'll play.

It's only cape Verde, so hopefully they'll try and get through without him. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

precisely that. 

10 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Tbh he needs to fuck off international football. He's 31, if he has aspirations, like he always says, and wants to win leagues/champions league and the balon dor he needs to focus on club football.

It fucks up our season every 2 years and it hurts him too because he plays far too many games. 

I don't think he can. He'd go from hero to persona non grata in Egypt if he just stopped playing for them!

He's also only the second highest scorer for Egypt and still needs another 12 goals to break the record so that will be on his list of things to achieve. 

10 hours ago, an tha said:

If it was serious enough for him to go off it's serious enough.

We really need them to get knocked out asap and get him back here!

Saw a clip on twitter of him walking normally out of the ground carrying what looked like a heavy rucksack so may not be too bad. The biggest worry might  be him exacerbating it by Egypt playing him next game. 

I really can't stress enough how much I fucking hate international football, and in particular this season-wrecking farce of a biannual competition. Put it all in a fucking big bin. Nationalist rubbish.

• Upvote 7

47 minutes ago, aws said:

Saw a clip on twitter of him walking normally out of the ground carrying what looked like a heavy rucksack so may not be too bad. The biggest worry might  be him exacerbating it by Egypt playing him next game. 

This is exactly it, might be fine in terms of normal everyday activity but as soon as he has to go run about it for another 90 minutes it could well make a small issue much bigger because they want their biggest star on the pitch.

I however am blaming this squarely on him getting his hair buzzed for the first time in ages.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

It'll be just for luck for Egypt to get knocked out early and salah will still miss the same games as if they didn't.

Fucking cunting International football.

At least he'd be getting a rest. He came back fucked last time from all the 120 minute games and pen shoot outs. In fact I'd take that right now, have him back for Brentford but doesn't play another minute. 

13 hours ago, an tha said:

This is where our medics need to step in - our employee who we paid massive money for and who we pay massive money to could see his season ended because Egypt want to push him to play for them when injured.

We surely have to be able to be involved in this to be sure that no unnecessary risks are being taken and no longer term damage can be caused.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on whether the club's medical staff will travel to Ivory Coast to assess Mohamed Salah's injury: "We will see. It depends on the diagnostics. We will have ultrasound and MRI and then we will know what it is and we will see and make plans, but it's too early [at the moment]."

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sounds like nobody new back for this week. Will we even have any senior players on the bench on Sunday? 

Gakpo, Grav and Quansah I suppose. 

1 minute ago, aws said:

Gakpo, Grav and Quansah I suppose. 

Gakpo is actually a game changer from the bench,Nunez often is too. It's the use of subs that is a major part of where we are now despite such an injury crisis. If we had to go with a full bench of rookies we'd have to be well ahead before using our subs. I know it will be another arse twitcher on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Gakpo is actually a game changer from the bench,Nunez often is too. It's the use of subs that is a major part of where we are now despite such an injury crisis. If we had to go with a full bench of rookies we'd have to be well ahead before using our subs. I know it will be another arse twitcher on Sunday.

Probably start well , miss a few chances then suffer a bombardment for the remaining 75 mins. Can't wait

We are a weird team. We make the shittest of sides look like the hardest of work when in the previous few weeks they've been buried by a mediocre side. We look like a team that gifts chances away and is easy to break against yet we have one of the best defensive records in the league. I think i need to find out our results then watch the game knowing it and see if that gives a more honest reflection  of how we perform rather than an anxiety, frustrated narrative I set myself.

• Haha 2