You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 23/02/2022 at 11:52, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Woah, hold on, I'm not standing for that kind of slander. I'm a bag in and out before anything else kind of guy.

Perhaps you misunderstood when I said I'd only noticed the bag had split after I'd put in the milk and sugar? I.e. seeing leaves floating around. The bag was out.

Let the record show I'm no tea deviant.

The caf was out of the bag, some might say. 

Fucking nailed that. Absolute beauty. I’ll be dining out on that for quite some time, make no fucking mistake.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Title music being twice as loud as the actual programme volume. Got the chase on and it cut to the adverts but the music nearly spun me round in my chair. Attention seeking cunts. Sky sports news is the same. Fucking arseholes 

Simply cover one ear during the opening and end credits. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Made myself a brew in my travel mug for the school run. Just pulled up outside now, had a sip and realised I haven’t put any sugar in it. 

Gutted. 

Check your pockets. Might take a few hours but I'm sure you'll have a sachet in one of them. 

Bank contacted me about 4 months ago to say future credit card statements will be paperless, blah, blah, blah. But, if you want to continue with paper statements, just change your preferences. Again.

Logs in and changes my preferences back to paper thank you very much.

Accessed OLB on Friday to find they had removed all credit card functionality from the GUI and now have to download a shitty app that doesnt configure itself to your phone screen size!

So now I have to DL an app to manage my cards that I could easily do in one place previously via OLB. Then I find the cunts have swapped me to paperless statements again and have had to change it back.

Why do they fuck about so much? 'Know your customer' and 'We're listening to you'? They dont even know where their fucking arse is.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Extra strong mints, Cherry Drops, and some chewies. 

Biscuits in the glove compartment is an excellent idea. I might explore this going forward. The McVities chocolate caramel digestives come in a small-ish packet…

Speaking of digestives, have you tried these?

45263183-98B2-4C09-8809-3F0415B97CE9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

No. Where do they rate in 1-10, Tone, with 10 being the best. 

6.5/10. After years of wishing they made digestives with chocolate on both sides, I was exited to discover that they had done just that. However, if I’m honest, they are a little underwhelming and not a patch on Fox’s Chocolatey Milk Chocolate Rounds.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bank contacted me about 4 months ago to say future credit card statements will be paperless, blah, blah, blah. But, if you want to continue with paper statements, just change your preferences. Again.

Logs in and changes my preferences back to paper thank you very much.

Accessed OLB on Friday to find they had removed all credit card functionality from the GUI and now have to download a shitty app that doesnt configure itself to your phone screen size!

So now I have to DL an app to manage my cards that I could easily do in one place previously via OLB. Then I find the cunts have swapped me to paperless statements again and have had to change it back.

Why do they fuck about so much? 'Know your customer' and 'We're listening to you'? They dont even know where their fucking arse is.

Is that Virgin? I got an email a while ago telling me I could no longer access my credit card details via a browser and would have to download an app. So rather than just using my home PC, I would have to use something I carry around with me outside. Fuck that, the only marginal benefit would be that I could check my balance 'on the go', as if I'd ever want to do that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Having to work. I just can't be arsed anymore. I want to sit off chill out, maybe nip the pub, pop into town, go on holiday and people watch in the sun. I want the life of those born into money and have never done a fucking thing that wasn't for their own enjoyment in the entire lives.

Commendatori.

EA6D4582-0D07-486C-9935-01F7513FD7EE.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Is that Virgin? I got an email a while ago telling me I could no longer access my credit card details via a browser and would have to download an app. So rather than just using my home PC, I would have to use something I carry around with me outside. Fuck that, the only marginal benefit would be that I could check my balance 'on the go', as if I'd ever want to do that.

Yeah. Im actually Yorkshire Bank since about 16 and am pissed off that Clydesdale Yorkshire have started using VM as their trading name.

I think they removed the credit card from OLB because probably many people said they wanted to continue paper statements and used it and the app as a sneaky way to make people go paperless.

It's fucking shit now, I have to remember 2 completely different log in protocols for OLB and now this credit card app!

I worked on a big IT project for VM when they brought their credit card business back in house from Bank of America \ MBNA so nothing really against VM as such.

• Upvote 1